Since 1986, when Canada last appeared in the World Cup, fans have eagerly awaited a return to form, and now they finally get their chance. With the esteemed leadership of team manager John Herdman, Canada has made it through World Cup qualifying and is ready to complete for it all
Can this team continue to make history and bring home the ultimate title? Below are all the available methods for watching the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
In a hurry? Fans of the Maple Leafs can watch all the matches in English if they have Fox and FS1. And they can do the same in Spanish with Telemundo. These streaming services will have you more than covered:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 120+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Canada is scheduled to play November 23rd and 27th and December 1st. There may be matches after that, given how the Group Stage goes. We’ll have the details here!
Team Canada Background
The Canada National Team sensationally returned to the World Cup after a 36-year drought by not only securing one of three qualification spots that went to CONCACAF nations but doing so in thrilling fashion, finishing atop the region’s final group with an 8-4-2 record and 28 points.
Some of its most significant results that campaign included a 1-1 draw with Mexico at Azteca and a 2-1 defeat of the Mexicans at home in a frigid Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta. A 2-0 win at home over the United States and an away 1-1 result with the Americans were also significant.
The Canadians have only qualified for one World Cup and went pointless and goalless at the 1986 event, falling to France, 1-0, Hungary, 2-0, and the Soviet Union, 2-0. Although many are expecting the Canadians to not advance past the group stage this time around either, scoring and also getting a result against Morocco are, in many peoples’ opinions, reasonable goals to have.
Of course, the World Cup can sometimes be an unpredictable sport – remember Costa Rica winning a group, which England finished at the bottom of, in 2014? – so perhaps Canada will surprise the prognosticators in Qatar.
The Canadians will play a pair of pre-World Cup friendlies, an away match with Bahrain on Nov. 11 and a contest with Japan that will be played in the United Arab Emirates on Nov. 17.
2022 Canada World Cup Roster
Despite some devastating injuries that knocked out defender Scott Kennedy and goalkeeper Maxime Crepeau, fans of the Maple Leafs are confident their team will persevere.
The 26-man World Cup squad must be finalized by Monday, November 14th, and Canada has yet to submit their official list. However, the following is a prediction of the players that may be included.
- Sam Adekugbe (defender, Hatayspor)
- Milan Borjan (goalkeeper, Red Star Belgrade)
- Tajon Buchanan (forward, Club Brugge)
- Lucas Cavallini (forward, Vancouver Whitecaps)
- Derek Cornelius (defender, Panetolikos)
- Jonathan David (forward, LOSC Lille)
- Alphonso Davies (forward, Bayern Munich)
- Stephen Eustaquio (midfielder, FC Porto)
- Liam Fraser (midfielder, KMSK Deinze)
- Doneil Henry (defender, Toronto FC)
- Junior Hoilett (midfielder, Reading FC)
- Atiba Hutchinson (midfielder, Besiktas)
- Alistair Johnston (defender, CF Montreal)
- Mark-Anthony Kaye (midfielder, Toronto FC)
- Cyle Larin (forward, Club Brugge)
- Richie Laryea (defender, Toronto FC)
- Liam Millar (forward, FC Basel)
- Kamal Miller (defender, CF Montreal)
- Jonathan Osorio (midfielder, Toronto FC)
- James Pantemis (goalkeeper, CF Montreal)
- Samuel Piette (midfielder, CF Montreal)
- Dayne St Clair (goalkeeper, Minnesota United)
- Ike Ugbo (forward, Troyes)
- Steven Vitoria (defender, GD Chaves)
- Joel Waterman (defender, CF Montreal)
- David Wotherspoon (midfielder, St Johnstone)
Team Canada 2022 Schedule
Canada is in Group F with Belgium, Morocco, and Croatia. Nicknamed the Maple Leafs, Canada will face off against each team from its group once. Take a look at the upcoming schedule below (EST):
- Wednesday, November 23, : Belgium (Ahmad bin Ali Stadium)
- Sunday, November 27, : Croatia (Khalifa International Stadium)
- Thursday, December 1, : Morocco (Al-Thumama Stadium)
The general overall schedule is shown below:
- Round of 16 (December 3-6)
- Quarter-Finals (December 9-10)
- Semi-Finals (December 13-14)
- Third-Place Play-Off (December 17)
- World Cup Final (December 18)
2022 World Cup Qatar Channels
Just a few years ago, options for Americans trying to watch the World Cup were slim. Fortunately, there are now many ways to catch all the action. Fox and NBCUniversal will broadcast the games live, with Fox in English and NBCUniversal in Spanish. Streaming options for Spanish-speaking viewers are available through Peacock.
Watch Canada make history on the following channels:
- Wed November 23, : FOX, Telemundo
- Sun November 27, : FS1, Telemundo
- Thu December 1, : FS1, Telemundo
How to Watch Team Canada With an OTA Antenna
With a minimal one-time investment, fans can watch the World Cup using an HD antenna for no additional cost. Fox and Telemundo will broadcast over-the-air signals that offer crisp detail in higher resolution. Viewers may need to configure and adjust the positioning of their HD antenna to capture the best signal. Please take a look at our HD antenna guide for more information.
How to Stream Team Canada at the World Cup 2022
There are several streaming options to choose from; however, fans will need to decide which one works best for them.
- FuboTV: A favorite for soccer events, this platform offers over 120 channels of live TV for only $69.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Sign up for $69.99/mo and review countless channels, including those broadcasting the World Cup. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Watch on-demand content and over 85 live channels for just $69.99/mo. You will need the Español add-on to get Universo. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: Scroll through more than 100 live channels, including sports, for $64.99/mo.
English-Only Streaming Options For Team Canada
- Sling TV: This platform offers a great value at only $40.00/mo for English broadcasts. (Sling TV review)
- Vidgo: Catch all the ESPN and Fox sports coverage for $59.95/mo. (Vidgo review)
Spanish-Only Streaming Coverage
Watch Every Canada Game in the World Cup
- United States: Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App), talkSPORT Radio (Radio)
- Germany: Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App), ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Molotov (TV, Streaming, App), Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), SCTV (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices for Streaming Team Canada in Qatar 2022
Streaming devices have become so common nowadays many fans already have access to multiple options in their home. Here are the streaming devices available through all services to catch the Maple Leafs in action:
- Amazon Fire TV (Firestick)
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Web browsers
See our streaming service reviews (linked above) for complete lists of devices.
Sports fans are fortunate in today’s world of advancing technology. With so many ways for fans to connect with their favorite team, the FIFA World Cup is more popular than ever across the globe. The Canada team has already set a record for making it this far, and many believe they have the spirit to go all the way.
How can I watch Canada’s World Cup matches for free?
Canada’s first match against Belgium will be on Fox and Telemundo, which means you can watch for free if you have an antenna. Matches that are broadcast on FS1 are available without any cost to you by signing up for FuboTV or DIRECTV STREAM with their free trials.
Has Canada ever won the World Cup?
Prior to 2022, Canada had made one appearance in the World Cup final. In 1986, Canada finished 24th out of 24 teams and failed to make it past the group stage of the event. The team lost all three games it played and did not score a single goal.
Can I listen to Canada’s World Cup games on the radio?
You can listen to team Canada matches in the United States on SiriusXM radio. Various radio apps such as TuneIn or TalkSPORT Radio may also have live streams that you can listen to either for free as part of a subscription. You can check your local listings for other options that might be available in your area.
When did Canada qualify for Qatar 2022?
Canada qualified for the Qatar 2022 final by winning the CONCACAF regional tournament that concluded in March 2022. Although the team finished tied with Mexico at 28 points at the end of the final round of qualifying, it had a superior goal differential. It was the first time that Canada had finished first in this competition.
Who is the captain of the Canadian men’s national team?
Atiba Hutchinson will be the captain for Canada at the 2022 Qatar World Cup. He is a midfielder for the national team as well as for his Turkish club team Beşiktaş JK Hutchinson has been named Canadian Player of the Year six times during a career that began in 2002.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
- Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11] - 11/15/2022
- Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/13/2022
- 🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/12/2022