The 2022-23 UEFA Round of 16 is upon us. PSG plays Bayern Munich on February 14th at . Watch it on Paramount+!
Update: The predictions proved true as Germany placed third in the Group Stage. They were edged out by a surprise upset by Japan (2-1) along with heavy opposition from Spain (1-1), though they did defeat Costa Rica 4-2. Train hard, Mannschaft, and we’ll see you in four years at World Cup 2026!
The most recent analyses are down on Deutschland, based on the German National Team’s recent lack of wins. Overall, however, the Germans remain strong contenders based on past performance at the World Cup, and the leadership of Hansi Flick, formerly of Bayern Munich.
In a hurry? If you’re a fan of Die Nationalmannschaft, and just want to know where to catch their games, you can watch them in English on Fox and FS1 and in Spanish on Telemundo and Peacock. Check out these streaming services to get access to all the channels you need in one place:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Die Nationalelf will be playing on November 23 and 27 and December 1. If they manage to get past Spain or Japan, they should make it to the Round of 16 — and from there, who knows?
Team Germany’s Background
Germany, as expected, cruised to qualifying for the World Cup, recording nine wins with the only defeat coming by a 2-1 score to one of international football’s upstarts in recent years, North Macedonia.
However, the Germans performed poorly in its recently completed Nations League campaign, recording one win and a defeat to go with four draws. They were saved from relegation from League A by a last-place showing by England, but that was still not the performance that was expected out of them.
In its most recent pair of matches, Germany lost at home to Hungary, 1-0, before drawing with England in London, 3-3. The team will play Oman in an away friendly on Nov. 16 before heading to Qatar. That will serve as the midway point of a four-day training period that the team will have in Muscat, the country’s capital city.
Unfortunately, in the leadup to the World Cup, the team learned that it will be without Timo Werner, a forward who suffered an ankle injury while with his German club, RB Leipzig. However, Germany will still bring to the Middle East a star-studded roster for their World Cup squad, such as midfielders Joshua Kimmich, Ilkay Gundogan of Manchester City, and Marco Reus of Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea striker Kai Havertz, and Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller and goalkeeper Manuel Neuer. The team will be under the tutelage of head coach Hansi Flick, who replaced Joachim Löw last year.
One of the most anticipated matches for Germany in the group stage of this World Cup will be an encounter with Spain on Nov. 27. The Spaniards cruised past the Germans, 6-0, in a 2020 Nations League match and have gone 4-2-1 in their last seven meetings with Germany as one of the few countries with the upper hand on Germany as of late.
Team Germany World Cup Schedule
Die Mannschaft has been assigned to Group E, along with Spain, Costa Rica, and Japan. Look for the German team to play one match against each:
- November 23, : Germany vs Japan at Khalifa International Stadium
- November 27, : Germany vs Spain at Al Bayt Stadium
- December 1, : Germany vs Costa Rica at Al Bayt Stadium
The Round of 16 runs from December 3-6, Quarter-Finals are Dec 9-10, Semi-Finals are December 13-14, Third-Place Play-Off is December 17, and the World Cup Final is Sunday, December 18th at .
2022 Qatar World Cup Channels
All three of Germany’s matches will be broadcast on FS1 (Fox Sports 1), with the Spanish-language telecasts on Telemundo.
- English: FS1
- Spanish: Telemundo (streaming on Peacock)
How to Watch Team Germany With an OTA Antenna
If you live near enough to a network transmitter, you can watch all the Spanish coverage on Telemundo totally free via an antenna. Check out our HD antenna guide for more info.
How to Stream Team Germany at the World Cup 2022
Because the Germans will be televised on FS1 in the US (not the Fox network), you’ll need a live TV streaming service if you want to get commentary on the matches in English. Fortunately, we’ve done the work for you and have all your options laid out below.
- FuboTV: The premier service for soccer lovers in the US. 120+ channels organized in 3 plans starting at $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: All the channels you need for the World Cup and beyond for $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Everything you need in the base package for $69.99/mo, but if you want to watch some non-Germany games in Spanish you’ll need Universo in the Español Add-on. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: $64.99/mo for 100+ channels, including all the ones you need to stream the World Cup 2022.
English-Only Streaming Options For Team Germany
- Sling TV: Sling Blue delivers FS1 (and Fox, for other World Cup action) $40.00/mo. (Sling TV review)
- Vidgo: FS1, Fox, and 100+ more channels for $64.95/mo. (Vidgo review)
Spanish-Only Streaming Coverage
Watch Every Germany Game in the World Cup
- United States: Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming), talkSPORT Radio (Radio), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App), BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV), beIN SPORTS (TV, App), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App), Molotov (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV), RTVE.es (Streaming, App), TVE La Primera (TV), fuboTV España (Streaming, App)
- India: JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices for Streaming Team Germany
All the live streaming services listed above support the most common devices:
- Amazon Fire TV (Fire Stick)
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Web browsers
Exceptions to be aware of:
- DIRECTV STREAM has no app for Android TV.
- Vidgo, likewise, has no app for Samsung smart TVs.
- All the other streaming services support Xbox
- Some also can run on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation
What to Know Before You Go
The FIFA World Cup is the world’s biggest sporting event, and 2022 will be no exception. Will Germany break out of its slump to show the powerhouse that was nearly undefeated in the qualifiers? Will they redeem themselves from the 2018 World Cup in Russia? You have several options for watching and finding out. We recommend fuboTV — but there’s no wrong choice here!
Where can I watch Germany for free in the World Cup?
You can watch Germany for free when Dienationalmannschaft’s games are on the main Fox network, which should be the case for any knockout games. As long as you have an antenna, you can pick up the terrestrial broadcast from your local Fox affiliate. Its Group Stage matches are on FS1, which is not available for free. You could watch these with a FuboTV trial.
When was the last time Germany won the World Cup?
Germany has one of the most successful men’s national teams, having won the World cup four times. The last occurred in 2014 when they defeated Argentina 1-0. The match was a scoreless draw through 90 minutes of regulation and looked like it was headed to a penalty shootout when Mario Götze scored in the 113th minute. Germany hopes to regain glory as they bowed out in the Group Stage in 2018.
Can I listen to Germany in the World Cup on the radio?
To listen to Germany’s games in English, try SiriusXM, as the satellite radio provider has rights to all 64 of the tournament’s games. The most likely station is 83, which is the Fox Sports Channel on the provider. You can also try the free version of the TuneIn app and search for German stations broadcasting the game if you can understand that language.
When did Germany qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Germany had an easy time qualifying for the 2022 tournament as its opponents in UEFA Qualifying Group J didn’t pose much of a challenge. They handily won the group with 27 points. The German national team became the world’s first side to qualify for Qatar when they defeated North Macedonia 4-0 on October 11, 2021.
Who is the captain of Team Germany?
Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer of Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga is the German captain. Considered one of the world’s best at his position, Neuer is a classic sweeper keeper, playing high on the pitch, often acting as an extra defender. Look for him to cause controversy along with the rest of his team during the games, as he intends to wear a multi-colored One Love armband to support LGBTQ rights.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
Sling TV: Top Halloween Selections Every Horror Fan Will Love - 10/22/2022
Coming Soon: New Arrivals On Hulu Live In August And Beyond- 07/31/2022
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu- 07/17/2022