The 2022-23 UEFA Quarter-Final is upon us. Watch it on Paramount+!
Update: Ghana’s rough year continues as they placed last in Group H. They managed to defeat South Korea 3-2, but also lost to Portugal (2-3) and Uruguay (0-2). Maybe 2026 will be the year for the Black Stars — stay tuned in four years!
It’s been a difficult run for Ghana of late, capped off by a worst-ever showing at the Africa Cup of Nations in January and a change in managers soon after. Nonetheless, the squad ultimately rallied to pull off the narrowest of victories over rival Nigeria, punching their tickets to the big show in Qatar.
Might this tournament berth serve as a catalyst, propelling Ghana to their best finish since the 2010 World Cup Quarter-Finals? Read on to learn how you can follow along every step of the way!
In a hurry? Black Stars fans will need all the World Cup channels: Fox and FS1 (English) or Telemundo and Universo (Spanish). You can watch in English or both with these services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The Ghana National Team is scheduled to play November 24th and 28th and December 2nd. If the Black Stars make it to the knockout phase, we will have the details here.
Team Ghana Background
Ghana will start the 2022 World Cup in a group featuring Portugal, South Korea and Uruguay. They will likely be underdogs in all three games that they play, which makes it unlikely that the country will advance past the group phase of the tournament.
However, simply making it to the finals was an improvement over their efforts in 2018 when they failed to advance past the African regional qualifiers. Ghana qualified for the 2022 event by besting Nigeria in a pair of games during the third round of Confederation of African Football (CAF) qualifying. Although the two teams scored the same number of goals during the two games, Ghana won a tiebreaker because they scored their goal while playing in Nigeria’s stadium.
Despite their checkered World Cup history, Ghana is considered to be one of the better teams in Africa. In 2006, Ghana was the only African nation to go through to the knockout phase. In 2010, the country recorded its best ever finish at the event when it reached the quarterfinal round. Ghana plays its first game of the 2022 tournament on Nov. 24 against Portugal.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Team Ghana Squad
Despite falling well outside the top 50 in the FIFA World Rankings, the Black Stars come into the 2022 World Cup with a squad boasting no shortage of high-level individual talent.
In Qatar, the responsibility of fitting all the pieces together will fall on new coach Otto Addo. The former Ghana and Borussia Dortmund midfielder has been hard at work shuffling through tactics and lineups, making his club a compelling matchup if everything can fall into place.
- Manaf Nurudeen (Goalkeeper) — Eupen
- Lawrence Ati Zigi (Goalkeeper) — St Gallen
- Ibrahim Danlad (Goalkeeper) — Asante Kotoko
- Daniel Amartey (Defender) — Leicester City
- Joseph Aidoo (Defender) — Celta Vigo
- Alexander Dijku (Defender) — Strasbourg
- Tariq Lamptey (Defender) — Brighton
- Gideon Mensah (Defender) — AJ Auxerre
- Denis Odoi (Defender) — Club Brugge
- Mohamed Salisu (Defender) — Southampton
- Baba Rahman (Defender) — Reading
- Seidu Alidu (Defender) — Clermont Foot
- Mohammed Kudus (Midfielder) — Ajax
- Daniel Kofi-Kyereh (Midfielder) — Freiburg
- Thomas Partey (Midfielder) — Arsenal
- Elisha Owusu (Midfielder) — Gent
- Fatawu Issahaku (Midfielder) — Sporting
- Osman Bukari (Midfielder) — Red Star Belgrade
- Daniel Afriyie (Midfielder) — Hearts of Oak
- Salis Abdul Samed (Midfielder) — Lens
- Kamal Sowah (Midfielder) — Club Brugge
- Kamaldeen Sulemana (Midfielder) — Stade Rennes
- Antoine Semenyo (Forward) — Bristol City
- Andre Ayew (Forward) — Al Sadd
- Jordan Ayew (Forward) — Crystal Palace
- Inaki Williams (Forward) — Athletic Club.
Team Ghana 2022 Schedule
The Black Stars will start the 2022 World Cup in Group H, where they’ll clash with the likes of Portugal, Uruguay, and South Korea. During the group stage, the team will play the following matches (times EST):
- Thursday, November 24 : Portugal at Stadium 974 (Ras Abu Aboud Stadium)
- Monday, November 28 : South Korea at Education City Stadium
- Friday, December 2 : Uruguay at Al Janoub Stadium
Surviving such a highly competitive group will be a serious challenge for Ghana, but the squad certainly has enough raw talent to pull it off. If Otto Addo, Thomas Partey, Daniel Amartey, and company can hold their own and come away with enough points, they’ll advance to a knockout stage that sets up as such:
- Round of 16 (December 3-6)
- Quarter-Finals (December 9-10)
- Semi-Finals (December 13-14)
- Third-Place Play-Off (December 17)
- World Cup Final (December 18)
2022 World Cup Qatar Channels
If you’re a Ghana supporter hoping to follow the action stateside, the good news is that you’ll have a variety of options. Fox will be carrying every game on its networks live from Qatar, complete with full English commentary.
If you prefer your broadcasts in Spanish, you can tune into NBCUniversal channels to watch each game instead. The Peacock streaming service will also feature full World Cup coverage with Spanish commentary. The specific channels you’ll need to know are:
To see how the Black Stars stack up against the competition, be sure to check out all of their matches in Group H:
- Thurs Nov 24 : Fox, Telemundo
- Mon Nov 28 : FS1, Telemundo
- Fri Dec 2 : FS1, Universo
How to Watch Team Ghana With an OTA Antenna
Do you have a television and a digital antenna? Do you live anywhere near a TV transmitter tower? If so, you’re in luck! Since Fox and Telemundo are over-the-air (OTA) TV stations, they’re entirely free to watch — provided you’re in range of a broadcast signal.
The likelihood of picking up these broadcasts depends on where you live, but you can learn all about OTA TV by reading our simple HD antenna guide.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
How to Stream Team Ghana at the World Cup 2022
For fans of Ghana’s national team, there are more ways to watch the World Cup in 2022 than ever before. In addition to cable, satellite, and over-the-air broadcasts, the action in Qatar will be carried live on a multitude of streaming platforms.
- FuboTV: With over 120 live channels, FuboTV is purpose-built to deliver a great experience for sports fans at a reasonable price of $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Although its $74.99/mo package offers fewer channels overall, you can still find every tournament match live. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Also priced at $69.99/mo, Hulu + Live TV combines all the World Cup channels with additional features like ESPN+ and Disney+. Note, however, that Universo requires the optional Español Add-on. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: At $72.99/mo, YouTube TV offers a bundle of over 100 channels that includes every broadcast from Qatar.
English-Only Streaming Options For Team Ghana
- Sling TV: If you need World Cup coverage without the unnecessary bells and whistles, try Sling TV for just $40.00/mo. (Sling TV review)
- Vidgo: Starting at $74.99/mo, Vidgo’s streaming service delivers Fox, ESPN and an impressive variety of other live channels. (Vidgo review)
Spanish-Only Streaming Coverage
- Peacock: For just $4.99/mo, a Peacock subscription allows you to watch every minute of the action from Qatar with full Spanish-language coverage and commentary. (Peacock review)
Watch Every Ghana Game in the World Cup
- United States: Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Uforia (App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN2 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App), ITV Hub (Streaming), talkSPORT Radio (Radio), BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App), Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV), beIN SPORTS (TV, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), SCTV (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices to Live Stream Team Ghana in Qatar 2022
With a subscription to your preferred streaming service, you can watch live TV like never before. Whether you’re at home or on the go, you can tune into Ghana’s World Cup matches from nearly anywhere using:
- Amazon Fire TV (Firestick)
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Web browsers
In fact, your options don’t stop there. Except for DIRECTV STREAM, all of the above streaming solutions work well with smart TVs based on Android TV.
All platforms except Vidgo are also compatible with Samsung Smart TV. Likewise, Vidgo and DIRECTV STREAM are the only services that aren’t supported on Xbox consoles.
For more details on the many ways you can stream live TV, be sure to take a look at all our streaming reviews.
Whether you’re a casual fan or a diehard supporter of the Black Stars, you can’t afford to miss a moment of the competition in Qatar. There are many excellent viewing options available, but we think FuboTV and Sling TV are among the best ways to watch the action.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Can you watch Ghana play in the World Cup games on TV for free?
Viewers can watch some of Ghana’s group games on Fox or Telemundo for free if they have an antenna that will pick up those stations. This includes Ghana’s match against Portugal at on November 24. You can also use free trials to watch the games on streaming services, such as DIRECTV STREAM and FuboTV. If the team makes the Round of 16, Fox and Telemundo will broadcast those games.
Did Ghana ever win the World Cup?
The Ghana National Football team has never won the World Cup. They have made it to the tournament three times and to the knockout round twice. Their best performance was in the quarterfinals in 2010, when they lost to Uruguay in the quarterfinals.
Can I listen to Qatar 2022 on the radio?
Fox Sports will broadcast games on the radio for free, so it depends on where you live. You can also use services like iHeartRadio, TuneIn and Sirius XM to listen to the games. Fox Sports operates more than 70 radio stations across the United States.
How did the Ghana National football team qualify for Qatar 2022?
Ghana played Nigeria to a 1-1 draw and held on with away goals to qualify for Qatar 2022. Many spectators were dismayed as Nigeria had qualified for six of the last seven World Cups. While the Nigerian squad had a lot on the line, Ghana had nothing to lose and won the right to go to Qatar.
Who is the captain of the Ghana team?
Andre Ayew is the captain of the Ghana team. He also led the team at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. He should feel at home in Qatar because when he is not playing for the national team, he plays as a winger for Qatar’s Sadd Sports Club.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check our our match schedule too, including today’s games.
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
Ghana National Football Team by Benjamin Mussler under CC BY-SA 2.0.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022