The 2022-23 UEFA Round of 16 is upon us. PSG plays Bayern Munich on February 14th at . Watch it on Paramount+!
Update: Saudi Arabia ended up placing last in Group C and did not advance to the Knockout Stage.
Saudi Arabia has the most successful national soccer team in the Middle East. The Falcons have won the AFC Asian Cup on three occasions and qualified for the FIFA World Cup six times since 1994, but few pundits expect them to progress past the Group Stage in Qatar. Regardless, you can watch it all without cable. Read on to learn how.
In a hurry? Green Falcons fans can watch all the matches on FS1 in English or Telemundo in Spanish. These streaming services will have you more than covered:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
When the group stage games get underway, team Saudi Arabia will be in action on November 22nd, 26th and 30th. All of these games will be broadcast live in the United States in both English and Spanish, and soccer fans will also be able to follow the action as it happens on many of the most popular streaming platforms.
Team Saudi Arabia Background
The only country that borders host Qatar topped its two qualifying groups en route to the World Cup, recording a 6-2-0 record, good for 20 points, in the initial one before going 7-2-1 and securing 23 more tallies in Asia’s final group stage.
It finished just a point ahead of Japan at the last stage, but that was not important as both qualified while third-place Australia finished eight points back before ultimately qualifying itself via the playoffs. Saudi Arabia’s only qualifying loss in its 18 matches was a 2-0 defeat to Japan in Saitama.
The country will be looking to get out of the group stage at a World Cup for the second time, after doing so for the initial time in 1994.
The team has had significant success at the Asian Cup, albeit not as much recently. It lifted that trophy in 1984, 1988, and 1996 and also finished as runner-up in 1992, 2000, and 2007 but has only played in one knockout-phase match since, falling to Japan, 1-0, in the 2019 round of 16.
With the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh just a six-hour drive from Doha, Qatar’s capital, excitement in this country has reached a fever pitch. In fact, Saudi Arabian football fans have purchased the third-most tickets of any country, only behind Qatar and the United States. The energy and passion of those supporting this side will surely have a positive impact on the team.
Saudi Arabia Roster
Hervé Renard is the head-coach for the Saudi Arabia national team. Here is the team list:
- Saud Abdulhamid (defender, Al-Hilal)
- Abdulelah Al-Amri (defender, Al-Nassr)
- Nawaf Al-Aqidi (goalkeeper, Al-Nassr)
- Haitham Asiri (forward, Al-Ahli)
- Hattan Bahebri (midfielder, Al-Shabab)
- Ali Al-Boleahi (defender, Al-Hilal)
- Firas Al-Buraikan (forward, Al-Fateh)
- Mohammed Al-Burayk (defender, Al-Hilal)
- Nasser Al-Dawsari (midfielder, Al-Hilal)
- Salem Al-Dawsari (midfielder, Al-Hilal)
- Salman Al-Faraj (midfielder, Al-Hilal)
- Sultan Al-Ghannam (defender, Al-Nassr)
- Ali Al-Hassan (midfielder, Al-Nassr)
- Mohamed Kanno (midfielder, Al-Hilal)
- Abdullah Madu (defender, Al-Nassr)
- Abdulelah Al-Malki (midfielder, Al-Hilal)
- Fahad Al-Muwallad (forward, Al-Shabab)
- Sami Al-Najei (midfielder, Al-Nassr)
- Abdulrahman Al-Obood (midfielder, Al-Ittihad)
- Abdullah Otayf (midfielder, Al-Hilal)
- Mohamed Al-Owais (goalkeeper, Al-Hilal)
- Mohammed Al-Rubaie (goalkeeper, Al-Ahli)
- Yasser Al-Shahrani (defender, Al-Hilal)
- Riad Sharahili (midfielder, Abha)
- Saleh Al-Shehri (forward, Al-Hilal)
- Hassan Tambakti (defender, Al-Shabab)
Team Saudi Arabia Qatar 2022 Schedule
Saudi Arabia qualified for its sixth World Cup by winning the Asian Football Confederation’s Group B. The Falcons have been drawn in FIFA World Cup Group D, which also includes Argentina, Mexico, and Poland. Saudia Arabia occupies 51st place in the latest FIFA rankings. To make it to the Round of 16 in Qatar, the Falcons will have to outplay teams ranked 3rd, 13th and 26th.
If team Saudi Arabia does go further in the competition, they will play a knockout game against either the Group D winners or runners up. This means that their Round of 16 opponents will be drawn from a group that includes France, Denmark, Tunisia and Australia. There is no home advantage in the World Cup, so teams only play each other once during the group stages. Here are the dates and times of team Saudi Arabia’s three group-stage games:
- Saudi Arabia vs. Argentina: Tuesday November 22 a.m. at Lusail Iconic Stadium
- Saudi Arabia vs. Poland: Saturday November 26 a.m. at the Education City Stadium
- Saudi Arabia vs. Mexico: Wednesday November 30 p.m. at Lusail Iconic Stadium
Group-stage games will be played between November 20th and December 1st. The winners and runners-up in each of the eight groups will then play in three knockout rounds leading up to the final. Here is when those games will be played:
- The Round of 16: These eight games will be played December 3rd – 6th.
- Quarter-Finals: The four quarter-finals will take place on December 10th and 11th.
- Semi-Finals: You can watch the semi-final games on December 13th and 14th.
- Third-Place Play-Off: The third-place game will be held on December 17th.
- World Cup Final: The 2022 World Cup champions will be crowned on December 18th.
2022 World Cup Qatar Channels
There was a time when watching World Cup games in the United States was a frustrating experience. Very few games were shown, and commercial interruptions made what little action there was difficult to watch. Those days are now over, and American soccer fans can now get as much of the World Cup as they can handle.
Every World Cup game including Saudi Arabia’s three group-stage games will be broadcast live by FS1 with English commentary and by Telemundo with Spanish commentary. NBC‘s Spanish language broadcasts will also be streamed live by Peacock. Most of the group-stage games will be shown on Peacock for free, but the knockout games will only be available to Premium subscribers.
To watch all the games (not just Saudi Arabia), you will need these channels:
How To Watch Team Saudi Arabia at the 2022 World Cup
The FIFA World Cup is watched by hundreds of millions of people around the world, and many of them are a Americans thanks to the growing popularity of soccer in the United States. Here are some of the ways you will be able to enjoy the action in Qatar.
Watch Team Saudi Arabia With an Antenna
Many 2022 World Cup game will be broadcast over-the-air by Fox and Telemundo. All you will need to enjoy the games is an antenna. None of the Group Stage games with Saudi Arabia will be available in English this way. But you can watch all the Spanish-language broadcast on Telemundo, assuming you live near an affiliate.
How to Stream Saudi Arabia’s Team
Fox and NBCUniversal are huge entertainment companies that have invested heavily in streaming and streaming services, so just about all of the content they put out is widely available. Let’s take a look at the streaming options for Fox and NBCUniversal’s 2022 World Cup coverage.
Complete Streaming Options
- FuboTV: This is the streaming platform that most soccer fans prefer. Plans start at $74.99/mo, but that includes more than 120 channels and every World Cup game. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: You will be able to watch World Cup games on DirecTV STREAM for the same price as a FuboTV subscription, but prices climb to $154.99/mo if you want premium channels like HBO. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Hulu does not offer quite as many channels as some other streaming services, but it does offer Disney+ and ESPN+ for $69.99/mo. You need to add the Español package to get Universo. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: Includes more than 100 channels and every game from the 2022 World Cup for $64.99/mo.
English-Only Streaming Options
- Sling TV: If all you want to do is stream the 2022 World Cup with English commentary, a $40.00/mo subscription from Sling TV is all you need. (Sling TV review)
- Vidgo: The $64.95/mo Vidgo plan includes ESPN and Fox, so it offers streamers every team Saudi Arabia World Cup match. (Vidgo review)
Spanish-Only Streaming Coverage
- Peacock: NBCUniversal’s Peacock streaming service will air all of the 2022 World Cup games with Spanish commentary. Early group-stage games will be streamed on Peacock free, but the later group-stage and playoff games will only be aired on Peacock Premium, which costs $4.99 per month. (Peacock review)
Watch Every Saudi Arabia Game in the World Cup
- United States: Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App), TSN2 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: Magenta Sport (Streaming, App), Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App), ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV)
- Colombia: Caracol TV (TV, Streaming, App), Claro Sports (TV, Streaming, App), RCN Television (TV, Streaming, App), Deportes Rcn (TV, Streaming, App), Caracol Play (TV, Streaming, App), DIRECTV Sports App (Streaming, App)
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices for Streaming Team Saudi Arabia in Qatar 2022
You should be able to enjoy watching World Cup games on all of these networks and streaming services on just about any kind of device. Here are a few of the options you will have to watch the action in Qatar:
- Amazon Firestick
- Android Mobile
- Apple TV
- Nintendo (Hulu)
- Oculus (Sling)
- Playstation (Hulu, YouTube)
- Web browsers
Just bear in mind that DIRECTV STREAM does not work on Android-based devices but it does offer its own device
The FIFA World Cup will be the most watched sporting event of 2022, and soccer fans who want to tune in will be spoiled for choice as networks and streaming services around the world offer the games.
American fans can follow the tournament on Fox channels if they want English commentators or on NBCUniversal channels if they prefer Spanish commentary, and they can also see every goal, shot and tackle on all of the major streaming services.
Where can I watch Saudi Arabia for free in the World Cup?
There are several free options for watching Saudi Arabia compete in Qatar 2022, including the first two games presented in Spanish on Telemundo and the third game in English on Fox with an antenna over the air. Some live TV streaming services, such as FuboTV and DIRECTV STREAM, offer free trial options as well. If you aren’t watching live and don’t mind catching a replay, completed games will be available to stream on Tubi.
When was the last time Saudi Arabia won the World Cup?
Saudi Arabia has never won the FIFA tournament in any of the five times they’ve qualified previously. Their best result was their first appearance in 1994 when they made the Round of 16 and finished in 12th place. They will have a chance to surpass that this year, however, with a home-field advantage being possible as many Saudi supporters may travel to Qatar, which borders Saudi Arabia and is only about 300 miles from Riyadh.
Can I listen to Saudi Arabia in the World Cup on the radio?
Yes, there are several options to listen to Saudi Arabia compete in Qatar 2022 on the radio, including listening to Spanish-language broadcasts on Fútbol de Primera, which will have every game on 118 affiliate stations across the country. Many of these can be heard on iHeartRadio through either a web browser or an app. Additionally, TuneIn Premium will carry a simulcast of the FOX English announce team.
When did Saudi Arabia qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Saudi Arabia qualified for Qatar 2022 on March 24th of this year after a 1-1 tie with China secured their place in the top two for Group B in the AFC qualifiers. They went on to secure first place five days later when they beat Australia 1-0. Their record was 7-1-2 and the team only allowed opponents to net six goals in those ten games while scoring 12 of their own.
Who is the captain of Team Saudi Arabia?
Saudi Arabia’s captain is midfielder Salman Al-Faraj, who was a member of the team that competed in the 2018 FIFA tournament in Russia. Although his game is a bit more defensively minded and he’s not known as a big scorer, he did net the game-tying goal on a penalty kick during the team’s only win during that year’s World Cup. He’ll look to lead his team to victory yet again this year in Qatar.
Why would I pay for a streaming service if the games are on free TV?
Depending on where you live and what matches you want to watch, this may not be an option. If you live near an affiliate, you should be able to watch all the games featuring Saudi Arabia in Spanish on Telemundo. But all the English-language coverage will be on FS1, which isn’t available for free.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022