The 2022-23 UEFA Quarter-Final is upon us. Watch it on Paramount+!
Update: In a surprise upset, Morocco beat Spain in a penalty shootout in the Round of 16, eliminating them from the tournament.
Spain’s coach has faced some criticism for choosing youth over experience in Spain’s World Cup 2022 squad. Will La Furia Roja surprise everyone? Read on to find out how you can get in on all the Spanish action in Qatar.
In a hurry? If you’re a big La Roja fan already and just want to know how to watch, you can stream the games on Fox and FS1 in English or Telemundo and Peacock in Spanish. These channels are all in one place in all three of these services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: A great overall streaming service offering 85+ live channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+. Try one month for $69.99.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
The Spanish team will be playing November 23 and 27 and December 1 to start. Should they advance to the knockout stage (Germany and Japan are expected to be stiff competition), anything can happen.
Table Of Contents
Team Spain Background
Unsurprisingly, Spain qualified for the World Cup after finishing top of its qualifying group although its campaign did start in worrying fashion, with a 1-1 home draw with Greece and a 2-1 away win over Georgia that was only secured with a second-half stoppage-time goal by Dani Olmo.
Then things seemed to be heading in the right direction with a 3-1 win over Kosovo, but a 2-1 loss to Sweden followed. However, those were the last goals that the Spaniards allowed as they combined four clean sheets with eight goals in securing wins in their last four outings.
More recently, Spain secured the top spot in its Nations League group, courtesy of an 88th-minute score by Alvaro Morata against the Portuguese side in Braga in a must-win contest on the final match day. That pushed the Spaniards into the Nations League Finals, which will be played in June. Spain advanced to this competition’s final the last go around, which resulted in a 1-0 lead turning into a 2-1 defeat to France.
Team Spain Roster
Luis Enrique is head coach of Team Spain. The rest of the team is as follows:
- Jordi Alba (defender, Barcelona)
- Marco Asensio (forward, Real Madrid)
- Cesar Azpilicueta (defender, Chelsea)
- Sergio Busquets (midfielder, Barcelona)
- Dani Carvajal (defender, Real Madrid)
- Ansu Fati (forward, Barcelona)
- Eric Garcia (defender, Barcelona)
- Gavi (midfielder, Barcelona)
- Jose Gaya (defender, Valencia)
- Hugo Guillamon (defender, Valencia)
- Koke (midfielder, Atletico Madrid)
- Aymeric Laporte (defender, Manchester City)
- Marcos Llorente (midfielder, Atletico Madrid)
- Alvaro Morata (forward, Atletico Madrid)
- Dani Olmo (midfielder, RB Leipzig)
- Pedri (midfielder, Barcelona)
- Yeremi Pino (forward, Villarreal)
- David Raya (goalkeeper, Brentford)
- Rodri (midfielder, Manchester City)
- Robert Sanchez (goalkeeper, Brighton)
- Pablo Sarabia (forward, Paris Saint-Germain)
- Unai Simon (goalkeeper, Athletic Bilbao)
- Carlos Soler (midfielder, PSG)
- Ferran Torres (forward, Barcelona)
- Pau Torres (defender, Villarreal)
- Nico Williams (forward, Athletic Bilbao)
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Team Spain Qatar 2022 Schedule
Spain’s team has landed in Group B, which also includes Costa Rica, Germany, and Japan. La Roja will play against each of them once:
- November 23, : Spain vs Costa Rica at Al Thumama Stadium
- November 27, : Spain vs Germany at Al Bayt Stadium
- December 1, : Spain vs Japan at Khalifa International Stadium
The Round of 16 runs from December 3-6, Quarter-Finals are Dec 9-10, Semi-Finals are December 13-14, Third-Place Play-Off is December 17, and the World Cup Final is Sunday, December 18th at .
2022 World Cup Qatar Channels
The breakdown is basically Fox channels air the games in English and NBC channels air the games in Spanish. Games deemed more interesting to American viewers are typically on Fox while the others are relegated to FS1 (Fox Sports 1). Similarly, games more popular with Latino-Americans are on Telemundo with the others broadcast on Universo.
How to Watch Team Spain With an OTA Antenna
If you live close enough to receive a signal, you could watch two out of three Group Stage matches totally free with an antenna. See our HD antenna guide for details.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
How to Stream Team Spain at the World Cup 2022
It’s easy to watch the World Cup on US television in English or Spanish (the US’s two most common languages). These streaming services maximize your possibilities:
- FuboTV: FuboTV has managed to become a world-class TV provider, while still staying true to its international sporting roots. 120+ channels starting at $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Cable-type sports services, without cable commitments, starting at $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Most of channels you’ll want for the World Cup are in the base package for $69.99/mo but the match against Japan is on Universo in Spanish, which requires the Español Add-on. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: 100+ channels for $72.99/mo for all the channels the World Cup is on.
English-Only Streaming Options For Team Spain
- Sling TV: Fox and FS1 are both included in Sling Blue for only $40.00/mo. (Sling TV review)
- Vidgo: Fox, FS1, plus loads more base plan channels for $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
Spanish-Only Streaming Coverage
- Peacock: All the World Cup games in Spanish for $4.99/mo. (Peacock review)
Watch Every Spain Game in the World Cup
- United States: Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Peacock (Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN2 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming), talkSPORT Radio (Radio), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App), BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App), Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App), Molotov (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), Indosiar (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV), fuboTV España (Streaming, App), TVE La Primera (TV), RTVE.es (Streaming, App)
- India: Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices for Streaming Spain’s Squad in Qatar 2022
You can run all the services listed above on all the most common streaming devices:
- Amazon Fire TV (Firestick)
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Web browsers
With a few exceptions:
- DIRECTV STREAM has no native support for Android TV
- Vidgo doesn’t offer an app for Samsung smart TVs.
- The rest all support Xbox gaming systems and a couple even support Switch and PlayStation
See our reviews (linked above) for complete details.
What to Know Before You Go
Tune in to find out if Coach Luis Enrique youth gambit pays off at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. You’ve got your options laid out for you. We recommend Fubo — but the others are great choices too!
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Where can I watch Spain for free in the World Cup?
There are a couple of ways to watch Spain compete at Qatar 2022 for free, including watching the games on FOX with an antenna over the air. There are also several online streaming services that offer free trials for part of the tournament: FuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, and YouTube TV.
When was the last time Spain won the World Cup?
The last time Spain won the tournament was in 2010 when they defeated The Netherlands 1-0 in extra time during the final round. It is also their only championship, despite having qualified for 16 out of the 22 prior events. They did not enter the first tournament, failed to qualify four other times, and withdrew in 1938 due to the Spanish Civil War. They have appeared every year since 1978.
Can I listen to Spain in the World Cup on the radio?
Yes, there are several options to listen to the World Cup on the radio, both online and over the air. TuneIn’s premium subscription service will carry a simulcast of the Fox English announcers. Fútbol de Primera will have the Spanish announcers on their 118 affiliates across the country, many of which can be heard for free on either iHeartRadio’s website or mobile app. And SeriusXM will air all the matches.
When did Spain qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Spain qualified for the tournament on November 14, 2021, after defeating Sweden 1-0 in the final match of the UEFA Group B qualifiers. The win gave them a record of 6-1-1, which gave them a three-point advantage in the standings over 5-3-0 Sweden. Had Sweden won the game, they would have taken the top spot and Spain would have had to go to a playoff round.
Who is the captain of Team Spain?
The captain of Team Spain is defensive midfielder Sergio Busquets, who some believe to be one of the best defenders of the modern era. Although he does not often score goals himself, his leadership and defensive prowess are major contributors to the success of the team. He is also the only remaining player from the 2010 team that won it all in South Africa.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check our our match schedule too, including today’s games.
Spain national football team with Euro 2012 trophy by Football.ua under CC BY-SA 3.0.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022