The 2022-23 UEFA Quarter-Final is upon us. Watch it on Paramount+!
Update: Uruguay exited the tournament at the Group Stage after placing third in Group H.
Uruguay will be making its 14th appearance at the Qatar World Cup and will be looking for its third title. The country last won the World Cup in 1950 and has finished fourth three different times since then.
Of course, history means nothing once the games get started, so here is more information about the 2022 soccer team known as La Celeste and how you can follow them during the tournament.
In a hurry? If you are a fan of La Celeste, you can watch them in the US in English on Fox or Fox Sports 1 or in Spanish on Telemundo and Universo. You can find the Uruguayan team’s matches on these channels:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Uruguay’s matches are on November 24th, 28th, and December 2nd.
Table Of Contents
Team Uruguay’s Background
Uruguay is the smallest country to ever win the World Cup (1930 and 1950) with a population of around 2 million at those times.
It experienced significant success in the years that followed as well, also reaching the semifinals in 1954, 1970, and 2010.
More recently, the South Americans advanced to the round of 16 in 2014 before being sent home.
They went one round further the subsequent World Cup, advancing to the quarterfinals in the 2018 edition. That Uruguayan team eliminated Portugal in that year’s round of 16 by a 2-1 score before falling to eventual champion France, 2-0.
This time, the Uruguay qualified for the World Cup as the third-place team in the 10-nation CONMEBOL region, only trailing Brazil and Argentina in the final table.
Uruguay has secured three wins, a draw, and a loss in five friendlies played since the end of World Cup qualifying and is not scheduled to play any friendlies in November, prior to opening World Cup play.
2022 Team Uruguay Roster
For most people, 35-year-old Luis Suarez is the Uruguayan player who they know. He played much of his club career with Ajax, Liverpool, and Barcelona.
He recently finished his 2022 campaign with Nacional, the Uruguayan club that he had started his career with in 2005.
- Ronald Araujo (Defender, Barcelona)
- Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Forward, Flamengo)
- Rodrigo Bentancur (Midfielder, Tottenham)
- Martin Caceres (Defender, LA Galaxy)
- Agustin Canobbio (Forward, Athletico Paranaense)
- Edinson Cavani (Forward, Valencia)
- Nicolas De La Cruz (Midfielder, River Plate)
- Sebastian Coates (Defender, Sporting CP)
- Jose Maria Gimenez (Defender, Atletico Madrid)
- Diego Godin (Defender, Velez Sarsfield)
- Maxi Gomez (Forward, Trabzonspor)
- Fernando Muslera (Goalkeeper, Galatasaray)
- Darwin Nunez (Forward, Liverpool)
- Mathias Olivera (Defender, Napoli)
- Facundo Pellistri (Midfielder, Manchester United)
- Sergio Rochet (Goalkeeper, Nacional)
- Jose Luis Rodriguez (Defender, Nacional)
- Sebastian Sosa (Goalkeeper, Independiente)
- Luis Suarez (Forward, Nacional)
- Lucas Torreira (Midfielder, Galatasaray)
- Facundo Torres (Forward, Orlando City)
- Manuel Ugarte (Midfielder, Sporting)
- Federico Valverde (Midfielder, Real Madrid)
- Guillermo Varela (Defender, Flamengo)
- Matias Vecino (Midfielder, Lazio)
- Matias Vina (Defender, AS Roma)
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Team Uruguay Qatar 2022 Schedule
Uruguay is in Group H, along with South Korea, Portugal, and Germany. They each play each other once.
Here are Uruguay’s schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday November 24 : South Korea at Education City Stadium
- Sunday November 28 : Portugal at Lusail Stadium
- Thursday December 2 : Ghana at Al Janoub Stadium
If La Celeste advance to the next phase, we’ll update the games here when they’re announced. Here is the overall schedule:
- Round of 16 (December 3-6)
- Quarter-Finals (December 9-10)
- Semi-Finals (December 13-14)
- Third-Place Play-Off (December 17)
- World Cup Final (December 18).
2022 World Cup Qatar Channels
You can watch La Celeste take on South Korea on Fox Sports 1 (FS1) or Telemundo while the matches against Portugal and Ghana will be on Fox and Telemundo.
It should be noted that Fox has the broadcast rights to all games shown in the United States in English while NBC‘s Telemundo and Universo have the rights to games broadcast in Spanish.
The games featuring Uruguay will be broadcast as follows:
- Wednesday November 23 : FS1/Telemundo
- Sunday November 27 : Fox/Telmundo
- Thursday December 1 : FS1/Telmundo
Watch World Cup With an Antenna
An antenna allows you to watch games, highlight shows, and other content broadcast by Fox or Telemundo.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to use an antenna to get content from FS1 as it is a cable network. To do so, you will need to pay for a cable subscription or sign up for a streaming platform.
Check out our HD antenna guide for more information.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
How to Stream Team Uruguay at the World Cup 2022
Streaming Uruguay matches is as easy as signing up for one of seven platforms that offer access to Fox, FS1 and Telemundo.
These services are available at a variety of price points to best meet your needs and budget.
To stream games in either English or Spanish, you will need to subscribe to FuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, or Hulu + Live TV.
All three of these services start at $69.99 and offer a strong library of news and entertainment options to go along with local, national, and international sports coverage.
- FuboTV: This is the best streaming service for soccer fans. Get 120+ channels for just $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Offers all the World Cup channels for $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Offers 85+ channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+ for $69.99/mo. Note that you need the Español Add-on for Universo. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: Provides 100+ channels to watch France at the Qatar 2022 for $72.99/mo.
English-Only Streaming Options For Team Uruguay
Vidgo and Sling Blue are the two best options to turn to if you’re just looking to stream content in English.
These are also your best options if you want comprehensive access to a number of channels while keeping monthly charges to a minimum.
- Vidgo starts at $69.99/mo and gets you Fox and ESPN channels.(Vidgo review)
- Sling Blue starts at $40.00/mo and is unique in that you can use an antenna to get access to local channels. (Sling TV review)
Spanish-Only Streaming Coverage
- Peacock is a top option for those who only want to watch games in Spanish. You can get access to both Universo and Telemundo through NBC’s streaming platform for $4.99 a month.
Watch Every Uruguay Game in the World Cup
- United States: SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Peacock (Streaming, App), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN2 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App), BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), talkSPORT Radio (Radio), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), ITV Hub (Streaming), STV (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: ZDF (TV, Streaming, App), ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App), Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App), Molotov (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Sports18 (TV), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices to Live Stream Team Uruguay in Qatar 2022
There are numerous options as it relates to streaming Uruguay matches during the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
For example, you can open a standard web browser on your phone, computer or tablet to watch content through your favorite provider.
You can also use an Apple TV,, Roku or Chromecast to do so. If you prefer, it may be possible to stream Uruguay’s matches using an Amazon Fire Stick or through your favorite gaming console.
You can typically stream content on almost any device that uses an iOS or Android operating system.
Many other devices are also supported, including Xbox, Nintendo, and PlayStation consoles.
- All the services except DIRECTV STREAM support Android TV-based devices.
- All but Vidgo support Samsung smart TVs.
See our individual streaming reviews for more information.
What to Know Before You Go
Uruguay is likely going to be making a deep run in Qatar, and you can follow the team throughout the World Cup by signing up for a streaming service today.
You can sign up for your favorite service without having to drop your cable provider, and most streaming platforms can be accessed wherever you happen to be as long as you have an internet connection. We recommend FuboTV and Sling TV for watching the 2022 Qatar World Cup.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Where can I watch Uruguay for free in the World Cup?
There are several ways to watch Uruguay compete in Qatar 2022 for free, which include watching the first pair of games in Spanish on Telemundo and the third game on Fox Broadcasting in English with an antenna over the air. FuboTV and DIRECTV STREAM are two streaming options that offer free trial periods and will carry the games. If you don’t mind waiting for the replay, you can watch completed games on Tubi.
When was the last time Uruguay won the World Cup?
The last time Uruguay won the tournament was in 1950, which was actually their second straight win in the years they participated, although it was 20 years since the first. They won the first WC tournament in 1930, then refused to participate in the next two. The tournament was canceled in 1942 and 1946 because of World War II, but Uruguay returned in 1950 to win it all again.
Can I listen to Uruguay in the World Cup on the radio?
Yes, there are several options to listen to Uruguay compete in Qatar 2022 on the radio. TuneIn Premium will carry the audio of the English language broadcasts on Fox and FS1. In Spanish, Fútbol de Primera and its 118 affiliate stations across the country will carry every game. Many of these stations can be heard for free using the iHeartRadio website or mobile app.
When did Uruguay qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Uruguay qualified for Qatar 2022 on March 29 of this year with a 2-0 victory over Chile, which solidified their third-place finish in the CONMEBOL qualifiers, behind only the two powerhouse teams of Brazil and Argentina. The team was 8-6-4 in the round, although their goal differential was zero after having netted 22 and allowing their opponents to score 22 as well.
Who is the captain of Team Uruguay?
Uruguay’s captain is center-back Diego Godín, who is considered by many to be a generational defensive talent. He is the most-capped player in the nation’s history with 159. Although he is not a major scoring threat with only eight career international goals, his defensive prowess and leadership abilities will make Uruguay a formidable opponent for their Group H opponents in the opening round.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check our our match schedule too, including today’s games.
Uruguay fans at World Cup 2018 by Tobby72 under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022