English Premier League is back.
Stream it live on NBCUniversal channels with Fubo!
With one of the most significant sports events of the year about to commence, many eager fans worldwide are gearing up for the FIFA Women’s World Cup. Team Japan is hopeful they can repeat its 2011 World Cup win. Learn how you can watch this all in Japan below.
Table Of Contents
TV Channels to Watch World Cup 2023 in Japan
The broadcast rights owned by ABEMA and Dentsu were sold to DAZN. ABEMA has ensured that the tournament will be aired free for Japanese fans to enjoy. This is the first time ABEMA has aired all live matches for no cost, and there will also be additional programming offering highlights and replays.
- ABEMA – TV Channel
For those without cable in Japan or outside of the country, ABEMA Sports Connect provides a way to stream the matches.
How to Stream FIFA 2023 in Japan
Fortunately for soccer fans in Japan, there are several places to stream the big event.
- DAZN: This service offers streaming access to all the matches and a comprehensive schedule of other sporting events for just ¥2803/mo or annually for ¥21034/year.
- Peacock Premium: For just ¥700/mo, this service provides access to an extensive library of shows, original content, news, movies, and sports. However, the Premium plan still includes ads, while the next tier Premium Plus is ad-free.
- Sling TV: This streaming service can connect fans in Japan with all the action plus over 40 channels for ¥5609/mo.
- ABEMA Sports Connect: This streaming version of the cable channel in Japan offers a free 2-week trial and then requires ¥960/mo to access all the available content.
What Devices Support World Cup Streaming in Japan?
There are a variety of streaming devices available that offer a high-quality experience through the streaming services above. These include smartphones(iOS, Android), smart TVs, gaming consoles, tablets, Amazon FireTV, Chromecast, and more. You can also use a web browser on your PC for easy streaming access.
FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Schedule
Japan will take on Zambia in its first match at the 2023 Women’s World Cup tournament on Saturday, July 22nd at . The Group Stage continues through August 3rd. Here are its Group Stage matches:
- Sat Jul 22 : Zambia vs Japan
- Wed Jul 26 : Japan vs Costa Rica
- Mon Jul 31 : Japan vs Spain
The rest of the tournament schedule is as follows:
- Round of 16 (August 5-8)
- Quarter-Finals (August 10-12)
- Semi-Finals (August 15-16)
- Third-Place Play-Off (August 19)
- World Cup Final (August 20)
What to Know Before You Go
Team Japan has promise this year and has shown its competitiveness in the past. Fans only have to wait a little longer to see sports history unfold. Tune into all the action by selecting one of the options listed above.
FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Viewer’s Guides Outside the US
For more information on watching matches in different areas, see our World Cup VPN Guide.
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated for FIFA Women\\\\\\\'s World Cup 2023.
Reworked one section. Added some more links. Small layout changes.