Watch Manchester City and Manchester United in the 2023 FA Cup Final on June 3rd at .
Watch it on ESPN+!
Update: Ecuador was culled at the Group Stage, coming in 3rd in Group A after one win (Qatar, 2-0), one loss (Senegal, 1-2), and one tie (Netherlands, 1-1).
Will Ecuador surprise and make a deep run at the 2022 FIFA World Cup? Or might the South Americans not escape the group stage? Regardless, their passionate supporters will be behind them throughout their journey in Qatar, and you can virtually join them in watching every match without cable.
In a hurry? La Tri fans can watch all the games in the US on Fox/FS1 in English and Telemundo in Spanish. (For other countries, see below.) These streaming services will allow you to watch all the matches:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Ecuador National Team Background
Ecuador secured the final World Cup spot allotted to CONMEBOL nations, finishing fourth in a qualifying group comprised of 10 South American countries. Its 7-5-6 record, good for 26 points, placed it behind Brazil (45 points), Argentina (39), and Uruguay (26) and just ahead of Peru (23) and Colombia (22).
The clinching moment came on the penultimate match day when a 3-1 defeat at Paraguay was coupled with results elsewhere — losses by Peru and Chile — that sealed a top-four position for Ecuador.
Afterward, the country wrapped up its qualifying campaign with a 1-1 home draw with Argentina before playing three friendlies in June and two more in September, going 2-3-0 in those contests, the wins by 1-0 scores over Nigeria and Cape Verde while the draws, all scoreless, were with Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Japan.
The team will also face Iraq at a neutral venue in Madrid on November 12th. Those last three friendlies, all against Asian sides, will help Ecuador prepare for its World Cup opener and the style that Qatar possesses.
That initial contest is expected to be a pivotal one as it will likely be the only one that the team will be favored in as its other two opponents, the Netherlands and Senegal, are much more threatening adversaries. Ecuador will most likely need to finish above at least one of them in the final table in order to advance out of the group stage.
If Ecuador does so, it will mark the second time that the country has reached the knockout phase. It has been to three World Cups previously: 2002, 2006, and 2014. But it exited after the group stage in two of those.
The exception occurred in 2006. That year, Ecuador actually qualified after just two matches with wins over Poland (2-0) and Costa Rica (3-0). They were defeated 3-0 by host Germany to be runner-up in the group.
However, it just played that one knockout phase match, a 1-0 defeat to England in which David Beckham provided the deciding blow with a 60th-minute goal.
For Ecuador to experience success in Qatar, it will need to continue to utilize its wing players and its overall speed while attacking and also continue to be a tough team to beat on defense.
Team Ecuador Roster
In Qatar, Ecuador is coached by Gustavo Alfaro. The squad is expected to be led by forward Enner Valencia, the team’s captain, midfielder Carlos Gruezo, and goalkeeper Alexander Dominguez. The trio also represented Ecuador at the 2014 World Cup. It was the last one that the country participated in before failing to qualify for the 2018 event after finishing eighth in CONMEBOL qualifying.
Midfielder Moises Caicedo should also play a pivotal role in the team’s chances.
Here is the full list of players:
- Alexander Alvarado — LDU Quito (midfielder)
- Robert Arboleda — Sao Paulo (defender)
- Xavier Arreaga — Seattle Sounders (defender)
- Dixon Arroyo — Emelec (midfielder)
- Moises Caicedo — Brighton (midfielder)
- Leonardo Campana — Inter Miami (forward)
- Byron Castillo — Club Leon (defender)
- Jose Cifuentes — LAFC (midfielder)
- Alexander Dominguez — Deportes Tolima (goalkeeper)
- Michael Estrada — Cruz Azul (forward)
- Pervis Estupinan — Brighton (defender)
- Alan Franco — Talleres (midfielder)
- Hernan Galindez — Aucas (goalkeeper)
- Carlos Gruezo — Augsburg (midfielder)
- Piero Hincapie — Bayer Leverkusen (defender)
- Romario Ibarra — Pachuca (forward)
- Angel Mena — Club Leon (forward)
- Jhegson Mendez — LAFC (midfielder)
- Diego Palacios — LAFC (defender)
- Gonzalo Plata — Real Valladolid (forward)
- Angelo Preciado — Genk (defender)
- Joao Rojas — Monterrey (midfielder)
- Jeremy Sarmiento — Brighton (midfielder)
- Felix Torres — Santos Laguna (defender)
- Moises Ramirez — Independiente (goalkeeper)
- Enner Valencia — Fenerbahce (forward)
Ecuador 2022 World Cup Schedule
Ecuador is in Group A along with host Qatar as well as the Netherlands and Senegal. It’s first game follows directly from the Opening Ceremony.
- Sunday November 20 : Qatar at Al Bayt Stadium (FS1/Telemundo)
- Friday November 25 : Netherlands at Khalifa International Stadium (Fox/Telemundo)
- Tueesday November 29 : Senegal at Khalifa International Stadium (FS1/Telemundo)
If Ecuador advances beyond this point, it will play at least one and up to four more times.
- Sat Dec 3 or Sun Dec 4 or 2 pm: TBD†
- Fri Dec 9 or Sat Dec 10 : Ecuador vs TBD†
- Tue Dec 13 or Sun Dec 14 : Ecuador vs. TBD†
- Sat Dec 17 or Sun Dec 18 : Ecuador vs. TBD†
† If necessary
2022 World Cup Channels
Fox and FS1 will share broadcasts of World Cup matches that are being complemented by English-language commentary while Telemundo and Universo will do the same for Spanish-language broadcasts of these games.
As that relates to Ecuador, its first two group stage matches (versus Qatar and the Netherlands) will be on Fox while the third one (versus Senegal) is slated for FS1. This last one could be moved to Fox as well. All matches beyond that point would be on Fox with the possible exception of a Round of 16 contest, which might be on FS1 instead.
Telemundo is currently slated to broadcast all of Ecuador’s matches, regardless of how many there are. But other games will air on Universo.
How to Watch Team Ecuador With an OTA Antenna
Fortunately, with how many World Cup matches are being broadcast on Fox and Telemundo, over-the-air television networks, you can watch all of Ecuador’s contests for free. This is assuming you are near affiliates. See our digital antenna guide for details on how to do this.
Watch Every Ecuador Game in the World Cup
- United States: Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Peacock (Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN1 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN2 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), talkSPORT Radio (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App), ITV Hub (Streaming)
- Germany: ZDF (TV, Streaming, App), Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App), ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), BeIn Sports Max 4 (TV), Molotov (TV, Streaming, App), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App), Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App)
- Colombia: Caracol Play (TV, Streaming, App), DIRECTV Sports App (Streaming, App), RCN Television (TV, Streaming, App), Caracol TV (TV, Streaming, App), Deportes Rcn (TV, Streaming, App)
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV), fuboTV España (Streaming, App), TVE La Primera (TV), RTVE.es (Streaming, App)
- India: Sports18 (TV), DD Sports (TV, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
How to Stream Ecuador’s Matches at the 2022 World Cup
To get all the World Cup channels, you will need a live TV streaming service.
Several providers offer access to Fox, FS1, Telemundo, and Universo. These include FuboTV ($74.99/mo), DIRECTV STREAM ($74.99/mo), Hulu + Live TV ($69.99/mo), and YouTube TV ($72.99/mo).
If you are content with Fox and FS1 broadcasts, you can lower your costs and go with Sling TV ($40.00/mo) or Vidgo ($69.99/mo).
Or perhaps you just want to focus on Spanish-language commentary. In that case, Peacock Premium is a great option. In fact, it is the most affordable one of all of these at $4.99/mo.
Devices for Streaming Ecuador at the 2022 World Cup
If you are in fact looking to stream Ecuador’s matches and any other World Cup games that catch your interest, you will want to ensure that you have a device that allows you to do so. Of course, any web browser, whether through a desktop computer, a laptop, or a cellphone, works. But there are specific apps for most devices including Amazon Fire TV, Android mobile, Android TV, Chromecast, iOS (iPhone), Roku, and more.
What to Know Before You Go
If you want to watch Ecuador play at the World Cup, make sure to secure access to all of its matches, which can be done through a streaming service or possibly even with just an antenna.
If you understand Spanish or do not mind not knowing what the commentators are saying, Peacock Premium may be your best option. Otherwise, we recommend FuboTV and Sling TV.
Will the Ecuador World Cup games be broadcast on TV for free?
Viewers can watch Ecuador play against the Netherlands at on November 25, 2022, on Fox in English. And they can watch all the game in Spanish on Telemundo. They can do the same if the team makes the Round of 16. These channels can be watched for free with an antenna. You can also use free trials to watch the games on streaming services, FuboTV and DIRECTV STREAM.
Has Ecuador ever won the World Cup?
Ecuador has never won the FIFA tournament. Their best performance occurred in 2006 when they reached the Round of 16. The team’s first tournament appearance was in 2002. They also made it to the tournament in 2014, where they tied with France after beating Honduras and losing to Switzerland, but it was not enough to get them out of the group stage.
Will the World Cup be broadcast on the radio?
Most listeners in major markets will be able to hear the games on Fox Sports radio affiliates. If you cannot directly tune into a Fox Sports channel, use a provider like iHeartRadio, TuneIn, or SiriusXM. Expect the broadcast to be the commentary from Fox or FS1 television shows.
How did Ecuador get to Qatar in 2022?
Ecuador got to the World Cup by finishing second in the CONMEBOL qualification tournament. The team was found guilty of using an ineligible player because the information on his passport was false. Still, the governing officials chose to fine the team and deduct points from their total in 2026 if the team qualifies for that FIFA tournament.
Who is the captain of the Ecuador team?
Striker Enner Valencia is the captain of Team Ecuador, and he scored the first goal in Qatar 2022 against the home team. When not playing for the national team, he plays for Spor Toto Süper Lig in Turkey. Gustavo Alfaro will coach Valencia and his teammates during the tournament.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check out today’s games.
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
Ecuador national football team 12.10.2015 by Agencia de Noticias under CC BY-SA 2.0.
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some section headings. Updated some sub-sections. More links.
Added links to streaming services. Updated one section. Updated some sub-sections.
Updated one section.