English Premier League is back.
Stream it live on NBCUniversal channels with Fubo!
Morocco will be making its fifth appearance at soccer’s most important tournament in 2022. The team’s best finish was 14th in 1970, which represents the only time it was able to advance past the Group Stage. Regardless of its past success, the Atlas Lions have a strong contingent of fans that will cheer them on for however long they remain active in Qatar.
Let’s get to know this team a little better as well as how you can watch them if you’re located in the United States.
In a hurry? Atlas Lions fans can watch all the matches on FS1 in English or Telemundo in Spanish. These streaming services will have you covered at least in English:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Morocco plays November 23rd and 27th and December 1st. If they make it past the Group Stage, we’ll have the information here.
Team Morocco Background
Morocco started its World Cup qualification campaign by winning a group by 12 points, an especially impressive margin considering that the teams in it only played six matches, before beating DR Congo over two legs. Those countries drew, 1-1, before the Moroccans pulled away with a 4-1 second-leg victory.
However, Morocco is looking for its first significant success at the World Cup itself. In four previous appearances at this sport’s greatest event, the North Africans only got out of the group stage once, in 1986. That year, Morocco actually topped a group that included England, Poland, and Portugal before falling to West Germany, 1-0, in the round of 16.
In the Africa Cup of Nations, Morocco has reached the knockout phase in each of its last three editions, including having some knockout-phase success in 2017 and 2021, reaching the quarterfinals those years.
The team most recently played a pair of friendlies in September in Spain, beating Chile, 2-0, before Morocco and Paraguay played to a 0-0 draw. Neither of those opponents qualified for the 2022 World Cup. Morocco will play another non-World Cup participant in Georgia in a friendly in the United Arab Emirates on November 17, so there will be much that will not be known about this team once it starts playing the matches that count.
Also adding to not knowing what to expect out of this squad is that its manager, Walid Regragui, only recently took over, on Aug. 31, and has yet to manage a competitive match with this team.
Team Morocco Squad
Walid Regragui has taken over as head coach of the Morocco National team from Vahid Halilhodzic. Its roster is as follows:
- Yassine Bounou (Sevilla)
- Munir (Al Wehda)
- Ahmed Reda Tagnaouti (Wydad)
- Achraf Hakimi (Real Madrid)
- Noussair Mazraoui (Bayern Munich)
- Romain Saiss (Besiktas)
- Nayef Aguerd (West Ham)
- Achraf Dari (Brest)
- Jawad El-Yamiq (Valladolid)
- Yahi Attain-Allal (Wydad)
- Badr Benoun (Qatar SC)
- Sofyan Amrabat (Fiorentina)
- Selim Ramallah (Standard Liege)
- Abdelhamid Sabiri (Sampdoria)
- Azzedine Ounahi (Angers)
- Bilel El Khanouss (Genk)
- Yahya Jabrane (Wydad)
Amine Harit will miss the event due to an injury.
- Hakim Ziyech (Chelsea)
- Youssef En-Nesyri (Sevilla)
- Sofiane Boufal (Angers)
- Zaharia Aboukhlal (Toulouse)
- EZ Abde (Osasuna)
- Anass Zaroury (Burnley)
- Ilias Chair (QPR)
- Abderrazak Hamdallah (Al Ittihad)
- Walid Cheddira (Bari)
Team Morocco World Cup Qatar 2022 Schedule
Their second game will be on November 27 against Belgium at Al Thumama Stadium.
On December 1, the team plays its final group phase match against Canada at Al Thumama Stadium.
Round of 16 starts December 3rd, Quarter-Finals start December 9th, Semi-Finals start December 13th. The Third-Place Play-Off is December 17th. And the World Cup Final is Sunday, December 18th at (all EST).
2022 World Cup Qatar Channels
- English: Fox, FS1
- Spanish: Telemundo, Universo
The TV schedule is as follows (all times EST):
- Wed Nov 23 : Morocco vs Croatia (FS1/Telemundo)
- Sun Nov 27 : Morocco vs Belgium (FS1/Telemundo)
- Thu Dec 1 : Morocco vs Canada (FS1/Telemundo)
How to Watch Team Morocco With an OTA Antenna
If you have an antenna, you can watch any games that are broadcast on Fox or Telemundo. Unfortunately, you cannot watch the Atlas Lions in English without access to a cable, satellite, or streaming service provider because FS1 is a cable network.
Our HD antenna guide has all the information on watching the games on Fox and Telemundo.
How to Stream Morocco Games at the World Cup 2022
There are at least seven streaming platforms that provide the channels needed to follow the action during soccer’s most important tournament. All of these services start at less than $70 a month, and they also provide quality content that you’ll likely enjoy after the World Cup is over.
- FuboTV: The King of soccer and other sports offers 120+ channels for $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review/World Cup)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get all the channels to watch all of the World Cup games for $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review/World Cup)
- Hulu + Live TV: Get 85+ live TV channels including Fox, FS1, and Telemundo along with ESPN+/Disney+ for $69.99/mo. (Hulu + Live TV review/Hulu Live FIFA World Cup)
- YouTube TV: Get 100+ channels to watch all of Morocco’s games for $72.99/mo.
English-Only Streaming Options For Team Morocco
- Sling TV: Get 40+ channels with Sling Blue including Fox and FS1 for just $40.00/mo. (Sling TV review/World Cup)
- Vidgo: Get 100+ channels including Fox and FS1 for $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
Spanish-Only Streaming Coverage
- Peacock: Telemundo is available on Peacock for $4.99 per month. You get live streams of all games along with access to content from channels such as CNBC, MSNBC, and other NBCUniversal providers. (Peacock review)
Watch Every Morocco Game in the World Cup
- United States: SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App), BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App), ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), beIN SPORTS (TV, App), Free (TV, Streaming, App), Molotov (TV, Streaming, App), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), Indosiar (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Sports18 (TV), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Voot Select (Streaming, App), DD Sports (TV, App)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices to Live Stream Team Morocco in Qatar 2022
If you are reading this, then you have a streaming service that allows you to watch Morocco in the World Cup Qatar 2022 because all the streaming services support web browsers and Android and iOS (iPhone) mobile devices.
They also all support TV devices:
- Amazon Fire TV (Firestick)
- Apple TV
Additionally, most (FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Peacock, Sling TV, and YouTube TV) support most smart TVs (LG, Samsung, Vizio) and the Xbox gaming system. Other devices are supported as well. See our reviews for more.
The Atlas Lions head to Qatar with hopes of being able to remain competitive in one of the toughest groups at the World Cup. Whether you are a fan of the team or simply can’t get enough football/soccer, you can watch all 32 teams compete by signing up for your favorite streaming service today. The event starts on November 20 and runs through December 18.
Where can I watch Morocco for free in the World Cup?
There are several ways to watch Morocco compete in Qatar 2022 for free, which include watching the first two games on Telemundo with Spanish commentary and the third game on Fox with English commentary through an antenna over the air. Some live TV services like FuboTV and DIRECTV STREAM also provide free trials. If you won’t be watching the game liver, you can check out replays for free on Tubi.
When was the last time Morocco won the World Cup?
Morocco has never won a FIFA tournament in the nation’s history. Since gaining independence in 1956, they have qualified five times before this year and have only made the Round of 16 once, in 1986. They will look to have a deep run in this year’s tournament, however, as they are currently ranked 22nd in the world, one of their highest rankings in recent years.
Can I listen to Morocco in the World Cup on the radio?
Yes, there are several options to listen to the World Cup on the radio. TuneIn Premium has teamed with Fox Sports to offer a simulcast of FOX’s English language broadcasts. Fútbol de Primera offers every game in Spanish on all of their 118 affiliate stations across the country, many of which are available to listen to for free through iHeartRadio, both on their website and in the app.
When did Morocco qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Morocco qualified for Qatar on March 29, 2022, after defeating the Democratic Republic of the Congo in the third round by an aggregate score of 5-2. After receiving a first-round bye, the squad swept the second round, going 6-0-0 with 20 goals for and keeping their opponents to only one. Granted, the rest of Group I combined for a record of 1-7-10, but their showing against DRC proved Morocco to be a worthy competitor.
Who is the captain of Team Morocco?
Team Morocco’s captain is Romain Saïss, the team’s top defender who received the position after the team’s strong showing in the Group Stage of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. Although he has only netted one international goal in his career, he is considered to be a top midfielder and an excellent leader for the team. He hopes to prove that reputation by leading Morocco to the Round of 16 and beyond this year.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check out today’s games.
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some sub-sections. Updated some section headings. Added some more links.
Added some more links.
Added sub-section. Updated some sub-sections. Deleted unneeded sub-section.
Reworked one section. Changed some content in main section. Updated one section.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022