English Premier League is back.
Stream it live on NBCUniversal channels with Fubo!
Update: Switzerland was eliminated in the Round of 16 when they were defeated by Portugal 6-1.
Switzerland will be making its 12th appearance at the World Cup when it makes the trip to Qatar this year. The team’s best finish at this event came in 1954 when it advanced to the quarterfinals.
Let’s take a closer look at the Switzerland team at this year’s World Cup, when they are scheduled to play, and how you can watch all three games during the Group Phase and any afterward.
In a hurry? You can watch all games featuring Switzerland on either Fox and FS1 (English) or Telemundo and Universo (Spanish). You can get most or all of these channels with these services:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Team Switzerland’s Background
Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri will lead Switzerland’s national team in Qatar as the country aims for unprecedented World Cup success. The best previous results for the Swiss were quarterfinal appearances in 1934, 1938, and 1954. Although it has not progressed past the round of 16 since, Switzerland has gotten out of the group stage in three of the past four editions, in 2006, 2014, and 2018, and is expected to be a force in 2022.
Switzerland also impressed in qualifying for the 2022 edition of this event, topping a group that included Euro-holder Italy, sending the Italians to the playoffs, where they were eliminated by North Macedonia.
However, the Swiss had a poor start to their 2022 campaign, recording a draw and four defeats to start the year, including three straight losses in Nations League play before responding to win three straight in that competition.
The country will play Ghana in the United Arab Emirates in a friendly on Nov. 17 before heading to Qatar. That is expected to help it prepare for the style that Cameroon will present in its opener a week later, which will be a pivotal game as contests with Brazil and Serbia follow that one. Also, should the Swiss get out of their group, Ghana is a potential Round of 16 opponent.
2022 Team Switzerland Roster
- Michel Aebischer (midfielder, Bologna)
- Manuel Akanji (defender, Manchester City)
- Eray Comert (defender, Valencia)
- Nico Elvedi (defender, Borussia Monchengladbach)
- Breel Embolo (forward, Monaco)
- Christian Fassnacht (forward, Young Boys)
- Edimilson Fernandes (midfielder, Mainz)
- Fabian Frei (midfielder, Basel)
- Remo Freuler (midfielder, Nottingham Forest)
- Ardon Jashari (midfielder, Luzern)
- Gregor Kobel (goalkeeper, Borussia Dortmund)
- Philipp Kohn (goalkeeper, RB Salzburg)
- Noah Okafor (forward, RB Salzburg)
- Jonas Omlin (goalkeeper, Montpellier)
- Fabian Rieder (midfielder, Young Boys)
- Ricardo Rodriguez (defender, Torino)
- Fabian Schar (defender, Newcastle)
- Haris Seferovic (forward, Galatasaray)
- Xherdan Shaqiri (midfielder, Chicago Fire)
- Yann Sommer (goalkeeper, Borussia Monchengladbach)
- Djibril Sow (midfielder, Frankfurt)
- Renato Steffen (midfielder, Lugano)
- Ruben Vargas (midfielder, Augsburg)
- Silvan Widmer (defender, Mainz)
- Granit Xhaka (midfielder, Arsenal)
- Denis Zakaria (midfielder, Chelsea)
Team Switzerland 2022 Schedule
Switzerland plays its first game of the Group Stage against Cameroon on November 24 at Al Janoub Stadium. On November 28, Switzerland will play Brazil at Stadium 974. The A-Team will wrap up group play on December 2 against Serbia at Stadium 974.
2022 World Cup Qatar Channels
Switzerland’s games are as follows:
- Thursday November 24 : Cameroon (FS1/Telemundo)
- Monday November 28 : Brazil (Fox/Telemundo)
- Friday December 2 : Serbia (FS1/Universo)
How to Watch Team Switzerland With an OTA Antenna
If you have an antenna, you can watch most games that are broadcast on Fox and Telemundo. This is because these channels broadcast over the air that can be picked up from most locations. As FS1 and Universo are “cable” channels, you will only be able to watch them after signing up for a cable or streaming service.
See our HD Antenna Guide for more information.
How to Stream Team Switzerland at the World Cup 2022
A number of quality streaming services will offer access to Fox, FS1, Telemundo, and Universo. They will also offer access to a number of other quality sports, news, and entertainment channels starting at less than $70 a month.
FuboTV is widely considered to be one of the best streaming platforms for those who enjoy college and professional sports. For $74.99/mo, you’ll get access to all of the channels needed to follow Switzerland on its journey in Qatar. See our FuboTV review and World Cup guide.
Hulu + Live TV is $76.99/mo and comes with ESPN+ and Disney+ as part of its basic service package. DIRECTV STREAM is another quality platform that you can get access to for $79.99/mo. YouTube TV is $72.99/mo and comes with dozens of channels that you’ll enjoy throughout the year.
English-Only Streaming Options For Team Switzerland
You can stream World Cup broadcasts in English through Vidgo and Sling Blue. Vidgo costs $69.99/mo and comes with Fox, FS1, and FS2 along with ESPN and other channels that sports fans typically watch.
Sling Blue is $40.00/mo and comes with all the national channels that you need to watch Switzerland at the World Cup plus roughly 40 others.
Spanish-Only Streaming Options For Team Switzerland
Peacock offers Spanish-language versions of every FIFA World Cup through its premium package. The package is $4.99/mo and gives you access to a full library of content produced by NBC and other networks affiliated with it.
Watch Every Switzerland Game in the World Cup
- United States: Peacock (Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN2 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: Magenta Sport (Streaming, App), Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App), ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), Indosiar (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Voot Select (Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices to Live Stream Team Switzerland in Qatar 2022
If you have an Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, or Roku device, you can use any of the streaming services we’ve discussed above. The same is true if you have a smartphone, tablet or other devices that run on either the Android or iOS operating systems. Finally, you can stream content through a standard web browser, which most devices that connect to the internet are capable of supporting.
A wide variety of smart TVs (eg, Samsung, LG, VIZIO) and gaming stations (Xbox, PlayStation) are supported by most of the services.
What to Know Before You Go
Switzerland is hoping to follow its strong performance at the 2018 World Cup with another run to the knockout stage of the 2022 tournament. Whether you are a fan of Switzerland football or simply a fan of football in general, there are many ways to watch the A-Team in Qatar.
Where can I watch Switzerland for free in the World Cup?
You can watch most of Switzerland’s matches on Fox and/or Telemundo. The country’s showdown with powerhouse Brazil on November 28 will be on both of those channels while its opener against Cameroon on November 24 will be featured on Telemundo. However, its group stage finale against Serbia on December 2 is currently slated for coverage on FS1 and Universo although one or both of those channel assignments may change.
When was the last time Switzerland won the World Cup?
Switzerland has not won this competition. Its best showings were quarterfinal appearances in 1934, 1938, and 1954. Since then, the furthest it has advanced has been the round of 16, in 1994, 2006, 2014, and 2018. Its best quarterfinal result was a one-goal loss to Czechoslovakia, 3-2, in 1934. Also of note, its quarterfinal loss in 1954, by a 7-5 score to Austria, is still the highest-scoring match in this event’s history.
Can I listen to Switzerland in the World Cup on the radio?
You can listen to all of Switzerland’s matches at this competition through SiriusXM, accompanied by FOX Sports commentary. All possible contests that the team will play will be on channel 83 with the possible exception of its matchup with Serbia on December 2, which might be on channel 157 instead.
When did Switzerland qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Switzerland confirmed its spot in Qatar on November 15, 2021, when a 4-0 win over Bulgaria at home in Lucerne was combined with a simultaneously played 0-0 draw between Northern Ireland and Italy in Belfast. Unsurprisingly, Swiss fans were “happy” and “proud” that evening, according to Xherdan Shaqiri, the team’s captain at the time. Switzerland ended up finishing two points ahead of Italy, sending the Italians to the playoffs, where they would be eliminated.
Who is the captain of Team Switzerland?
Granit Xhaka will be leading his country out onto the pitch in Qatar in Switzerland’s matches at this event. It will be his third World Cup as he has played with his national team since 2011, pulling on that jersey more than 100 times, featuring in WC matches in 2014 and 2018. He scored against France in a 2014 contest as well as a pivotal tying goal in a 2-1 win over Serbia in 2018.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check out today’s games.
Page Updates ▼▲
Various content updates.
Added sub-section. Updated some sub-sections. Reworked one section. Updated one section. Deleted unneeded sub-section.
Added new section. Added buttons for streaming services. More links. Formatting. Various content updates.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022