Although FuboTV is most known for bringing international soccer to fans in North America, their offering in Spain is much more general. But it does maintain the value pricing that FuboTV is known for.
In a hurry? FuboTV offers 20+ channels with basic cloud DVR and simultaneous streaming for as little as 3.99€/mo. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
Table Of Contents
Sports licensing is hard: it’s complex, involving multiple parties, and requires money, persistence, and patience. You have to be playing the long game, and that’s where FuboTV excels. The gutsy New York-based sports-focused TV provider start-up has fought tooth and nail, going head-to-head with American behemoths like Comcast, Disney, and AT&T.
And its leadership was savvy enough to know you can’t just waltz into a new country and expect to sweep the existing sports broadcasting agreements aside. So instead, Fubo partnered up with Movistar, a leading Spanish TV provider, to bring Spain a new combination of live channels and on-demand events, shows, and movies, at a ridiculously low price.
The company says it hopes to get into Spanish sports in the future, but for now, they’re just settling in. Is Fubo’s Spanish service any good? Let’s find out.
FuboTV Spain Overview
|✔ Low price||❌ Limited content|
|✔ Movistar content||❌ Only 30 hours of DVR|
|✔ No contract or commitment||❌ No 4K|
FuboTV España is different from most other streaming services like Netflix or HBO Max in that it features live channels, including all your favorite DTT channels. In this sense, it’s more analogous to Orange TV or Vodafone TV, but cheaper and without any permanencia. You also aren’t limited to where you can plug in your antenna — you can watch FuboTV anywhere you’re online.
Fubo offers 22 channels as of this writing, with a wide variety of content. Its service is presented in three suscripción opciones:
- Anual — 47.88€ (3.99€/mo)
- Trimestral — 14.97€ (4.99€/mo)
- Mensual — 5.99€/mo
All suscriptores have a 7-day periodo de prueba gratuito. As you can see, the most you will pay per month is 5.99€, which is about as cheap as streaming services get in Spain, especially with live content. You can save even more with a quarterly or annual plan.
FuboTV’s current biggest draw is its inclusion of Movistar, which is one of Spain’s most popular TV providers because it has the rights to some of the hottest American premier series. These include Riverdale, The Good Fight, Outlander, Shameless, and The Blacklist.
You can watch Movistar Series 2, which includes all of Movistar’s content, without having to sign up for any of Movistar’s services and it’s cheaper than their OTT plan.
On the downside, the content is currently very limited compared to Netflix or Amazon and you only get 30 hours of grabadora digital. Also, FuboTV does not have any 4K content in Spain at this time. Most channels come in at 720p, but some shows on Movistar Series are available in 1080p.
FuboTV Spain Channels
Although FuboTV offers a fairly limited number of channels, they offer a broad selection of content from sports to entertainment to a lot of US-based shows.
- La 1: General entertainment, similar to BBC One or American ABC, NBC, etc.
- La 2: Cultural programming and public service, more like the American PBS.
- 24H: State-provided 24-hour news and public interest content.
- Clan: Children’s shows, some educational, all ages.
- Teledeportes: State-run sports coverage.
- TVE Catalunya: General entertainment for national broadcast and local Catalonian programming from Barcelona.
- Antena3: General entertainment, including original series and movies, game shows, and reality contests.
- Atreseries: Current and past series from Antena 3 and La Sexta, foreign series, and movies.
- La Sexta: General entertainment, comedy, and news and opinion.
- Mega: Documentaries, sports, procedurals, and mystery/sci-fi.
- Neox: Antena 3 and international shows aimed at kids and young adults.
- Nova: Telenovelas and lifestyle programming.
Other Spanish Channels
- Movistar Series 2: All that sweet premium American content without a Movistar subscription.
- Calle 13: Action, suspense, sci-fi, and horror shows and movies.
- Real Madrid TV: Real Madrid soccer (football) and basketball games, plus commentary and analysis.
- Barça TV: Barça soccer match coverage, with insights and discussion.
- Paramount Network: American drama and reality shows, including Yellowstone.
- SyFy: Science-fiction and fantasy series and specials.
- Nick Jr: Aimed at 2-5-year-olds, programs feature social skills like working together, taking turns, and asking for help.
- Nickelodeon: For older children, animated and live-action entertainment.
- MTV: Music, reality, and entertainment news.
- Comedy Central: All funny, all the time.
FuboTV Spain Features
The base FuboTV plan includes many features that are traditionally options from other providers.
FuboTV España can be streamed on two devices at the same time. This is fewer than its US-based plans but it probably keeps costs down to stay competitive.
Two screens is definitely on the low end — other streaming services offer 3 or even 4 screens at the same time. This, unfortunately, lowers the appeal for large families or room-sharing arrangements of more than 2.
Fubo allows a generous 6 profiles per account, each with its own favorite shows, followed series, and grabaciones. Since you can only watch on up to 2 devices at once, this seems a bit excessive, but if Fubo ever manages to increase the simultaneous stream limit, it will be a nice perk.
Grabadora Digital (DVR)
FuboTV gives all accounts 30 hours of grabadora digitales. This is a little stingy, considering the major live TV providers all include 350 hours. However, they do say “Trabajamos activamente para darte acceso a más espacio de grabaciones. ¡Mantente al tanto!” [“We’re actively working to give you access to more space for recording. Stay tuned!”]
In our experience, most people use their DVRs to storage shows and events they never manage to watch. So 30 hours is probably just fine for most uses, even if we’d like to see more.
Note that el almacenamiento de la grabadora is shared across all profiles, so if you fill out all 6 slots, that’s only 5 hours per profile. Still, better than nothing.
FuboTV Spain Devices
FuboTV provides apps for most streaming devices.
- Amazon Fire TVs
- Google-approved Android TVs
- VIZIO SmartCast 3.0 TVs (AirPlay not supported)
- VIZIO SmartCast TV 2016 or newer (OLED, D-, E-, V-, M-, and P-series)
- Hisense VIDAA Smart OS Authorized TVs (2020 model or newer)
- LG TV 2018-2021
- Samsung Smart TV (2015-).
TV devices are things — typically boxes or dongles — that plug into your TV.
- Amazon Fire TV devices
- Google-approved Android TV devices
- Apple TV 4th generation or newer
- Chromecast (2nd gen or newer)
- Chromecast Ultra
- Roku Model 3700X and higher.
- Android Google-approved mobile phones and tablets
- iPhone 6s or newer
- iPad (5th gen+), Pro, Air 2 or newer, Mini 4 or newer
- iPod Touch Gen 7 or newer.
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S
- Xbox One X.
FuboTV Spain Alternatives
Fubo faces some very stiff competition from the already established players, such as DAZN, if it wants to break into Spanish sports. Here’s some info on Spain’s sports streaming services:
- DAZN: What Fubo is to the US, DAZN is to Spain. It currently broadcasts MotoGP, Formula One, UFC, the Euroleague, and the English Premier League. It also shares the rights to LaLiga Santander with Movistar Plus+. (DAZN review)
- Eurosport Player: Streaming form of the French sports channels. In Spain, it covers the Olympics, the Tour de France, the US Open and Australian Open tennis events, World Boxing Super Series, Italian basketball, 24 Hours of Le Mans, and Primeira Liga, among others.
- Footters: Basically The Football Channel — broadcasts RFEF 1st-3rd and Copa Federación, Copa del Rey, Primera Iberdrola, Copa de la Reina, Liga MX, Champions League, Primera División de Argentina, and Serie BKT.
- LaLigaSportsTV: Coverage of La Liga, with a focus on non-football sports, though many teams in LaLiga Santander and LaLiga SmartBank have exclusive channels. Also broadcasts Primera Iberdrola, LNFS, ASOBA L, LEB Baloncesto, AFC Champions League, the Russian Premier League, and FIBA 3×3 World Tour. Also lots of on-demand stuff.
Plus there’s no shortage of non-sports streaming services, both Spanish programming and American. (There’s even some British!)
- Acorn TV: The best of British TV, including The Commander, Reggie Perrin, Like Father Like Son, and Endeavor. (Acorn TV review)
- Amazon Prime Video: American shows and movies, plus some Spanish co-productions: Hernán, Relatos con-fin-a-dos, and El Cid. Streams on-demand by subscription, rental, and purchase. (Amazon Prime Video review)
- Apple TV+: All original series from the US — For All Mankind, Severance, Ted Lasso, and more. (Apple TV+ review)
- Atresplayer Premium: Features only original series such as Toy Boy, Perdida, Veneno, and La valla.
- Disney+: All the Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbell you can handle, plus Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic, and a lot of random stuff. (Disney+ review)
- Filmin: Focuses on Spanish independent film.
- FlixOlé: Specializes in Spanish film dating from 1935, with 3,500+ movies and some series, documentaries, and shorts.
- HayU: Gossip, scandal, oddball families, and celebrity lifestyles — HayU brings you the best of American reality, right after it airs in the States. (HayU review)
- HBO Max: After a shaky start, HBO has started to turn heads (in a good way) with original Spanish titles Patria, Escenario 0, 30 Monedas, and co-productions El Ministerio del Tiempo, La Sala, and El Ultimo Show. (HBO Max review)
- Mitele Plus: Mediaset’s entry into the world of streaming services. It is intended to compete with Atresplayer Premium. According to reviews, it has a ways to go. Plus content includes Me Robó Mi Vida, Secret Stories, and Amor a Segunda Vista.
- Movistar Plus+ Lite: Provides Movistar content plus live channels. It has more content than Fubo, but also costs more. Original series of note: Gigantes, La Unidad, Antidisturbios.
- Netflix: Original productions and co-productions and second-run Atresmedia and Mediaset series. Notable titles: El Desorden Que Dejas, Alguien Tiene Que Morir, Vivir sin orden, and La casa de papel. (Netflix review)
- Planet Horror: The folks who brought Shudder to the US (AMC) partnered with Wild Duck’s horror label Redrum to create a localized streaming scare-a-thon.
- Rakuten TV: A little like a much smaller version of Amazon (see below), Rakuten is a Japanese company offering video content to stream with ads, for sale, or for rent.
- Starzplay: American premium channel Starz brought to Spain. Also includes Hulu originals and others. Acclaimed titles: Normal People, The Act, High Fidelity, and Ramy. (Starz review)
So is FuboTV worth it? If you watch anything from Movistar (or have had your eye on it), it’s worth it just for that. Moviestar Plus+ Lite is 8.99€ regularly, and even on sale right now for 8€, it’s still cheaper to get the most expensive monthly plan from Fubo for 5.99€/mo.
FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days. Give it a try today!
Can FuboTV substitute for traditional TV?
Fubo goes out of its way to include all the most common DTT channels so you can keep watching your old favorites while discovering new titles on Movistar and the American channels. For most people, Fubo will probably not replace their current main service, but it’s cheap enough to make a worthy supplement.
Do I need a Moviestar subscription to watch FuboTV?
You do not need a Moviestar subscription to watch Fubo. FuboTV is a wholly independent company from Movistar. Fubo carries the Movistar Series 2 channel, and the entire Movistar catalog on-demand, for no additional cost beyond the FuboTV subscription price. You do not need a separate account or subscription with Movistar.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Sling TV: Top Halloween Selections Every Horror Fan Will Love - 10/22/2022
Coming Soon: New Arrivals On Hulu Live In August And Beyond- 07/31/2022
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu- 07/17/2022