Home to hits like Solar Opposites, Little Fires Everywhere, and The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu is one of the top streaming services. But like all good things, you can get tired of it (especially if you’ve finally binged all the shows and movies you wanted to watch).
Rather than pay for multiple subscriptions, simply cancel your Hulu subscription. Getting rid of your subscription is pretty simple.
Here are the steps you need to follow to cancel Hulu.
However, if you got here by accident and want to know more about the service, check out our Hulu + Live TV review, or see some alternatives to Hulu further down the page.
Table Of Contents
Step by Step: How to Cancel Your Hulu Subscription
If you’ve ever had to cancel a phone or cable subscription, you know what a pain it is to deal with customer service agents that try to talk you out of your decision.
The good news is that canceling Hulu can be done online unless you really want to talk to someone, in which case you can give them a call.
To cancel Hulu you may need to go through whichever system you used to originally subscribe to Hulu. This means if you signed up via Amazon, Apple, Roku, or the like, you’ll need to cancel through that same third party. You can check what service bills you on your Hulu Account page at hulu.com.
Once you cancel Hulu you will receive a confirmation email that your subscription is canceled.
Cancel Directly Through Hulu
Canceling your account through Hulu directly is easy. Here are the steps you need to follow to cancel Hulu:
- Visit hulu.com on a computer or mobile browser.
- Log in to your Hulu account.
- Click the icon next to your name.
- Select ‘Manage Profiles’
- Re-enter your password and click ‘Log In.’
- Click on ‘Cancel,’ next to Cancel Your Subscription (bottom left of the page)
- Hulu has the option to simply pause your account for up to 12-weeks. Simply select the number of weeks you want to pause your account and click ‘Pause Subscription.’ If you definitely want to cancel your account, click ‘Continue to Cancel’ at the bottom right of the screen.
- Complete the questionnaire about why you are canceling and click ‘Continue to Cancel.’
- You’ll then be prompted with an offer to get you to stay. If you’re interested click ‘Take Offer,’ otherwise click ‘Cancel Subscription.’
If you’d rather talk to a person you’ll have to call Hulu’s customer support.
Cancel via Amazon
If you pay for Hulu via Amazon, you can either cancel your Hulu subscription directly through Hulu using the steps above or cancel via your Amazon account page.
To cancel Hulu through your Amazon account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Go to your Amazon subscription page.
- Click ‘Actions’ located on the right side of the screen.
- Select ‘Turn off auto-renewal’ found in the drop-down menu.
- Choose ‘Confirm’ when prompted to cancel Hulu.
Cancel Hulu via Apple
If you pay for Hulu through Apple, you need to cancel through Apple:
On a Mobile Device
- Open Settings
- Tap your name
- Tap Subscriptions
- Tap the Cancel Subscription button.
On a Mac
- Visit the Apple App Store.
- Make sure you’re signed in, then click your name
- Click Account Settings
- Scroll to Subscriptions and click Manage
- Find your Hulu subscription and click Edit, then Cancel Subscription
Cancel Hulu via Roku
Even if your account is billed through Roku, you’ll want to cancel your Hulu subscription directly through your Hulu account.
To do this, simply follow the steps for canceling Hulu on hulu.com, or here.
Will I Still Have Access to Hulu?
Once you’ve canceled your Hulu subscription, you’ll still have access until the end of your billing cycle. At the end of your billing cycle, your account will be deactivated. If you are still in your trial period, you will lose access immediately.
Alternative Streaming Services To Hulu
If you want to keep streaming online, cable-free, the following services are worthy alternatives to Hulu. If you’re in the market and looking around, some of these offer a free trial or discounted initial subscription periods:
- Netflix: The original on-demand streamer. More expensive than Hulu but also more exclusive/original content and no ads.
- Amazon Prime Video: Also features great original shows you can only catch on Amazon. And it’s included with Amazon Prime.
- HBOMax: Also more expensive than Hulu, but also no ads and more originals, plus everything Warner Bros and then some.
If you have any other questions about how to cancel your Hulu subscription, let us know in the comments below!
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some sub-sections. Put related links. Various changes. Deleted unneeded sub-section.
Updated some section headings. Pricing updates. Cross linking.
Updated one section. Updated some sub-sections. More links.