Home to hits like Solar Opposites, Little Fires Everywhere, and The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu is one of the top streaming services. But like all good things, you can get tired of it (especially if you’ve finally binged all the shows and movies you wanted to watch).
Rather than pay for multiple subscriptions, simply cancel your Hulu subscription. Getting rid of your subscription is pretty simple.
Here are the steps you need to follow to cancel Hulu.
Table Of Contents
Step by Step: How to Cancel Your Hulu Subscription
If you’ve ever had to cancel a phone or cable subscription, you know what a pain it is to deal with customer service agents that try to talk you out of your decision.
The good news is that canceling Hulu can be done online unless you really want to talk to someone, in which case you can give them a call.
To cancel Hulu you need to work with whichever system you are billed through. This means if you signed up via Amazon, iTunes, Roku, or the likes, you’ll need to cancel through that same third party.
Once you cancel Hulu you will receive a confirmation email that your subscription is canceled.
Cancel Directly Through Hulu
Canceling your account through Hulu directly is easy. Here are the steps you need to follow to cancel Hulu:
- Visit hulu.com on a computer or mobile browser.
- Log in to your Hulu account.
- Click the icon next to your name.
- Select ‘Manage Profiles’
- Re-enter your password and click ‘Log In.’
- Click on ‘Cancel,’ next to Cancel Your Subscription (bottom left of the page)
- Hulu has the option to simply pause your account for up to 12-weeks. Simply select the number of weeks you want to pause your account and click ‘Pause Subscription.’ If you definitely want to cancel your account, click ‘Continue to Cancel’ at the bottom right of the screen.
- Complete the questionnaire about why you are canceling and click ‘Continue to Cancel.’
- You’ll then be prompted with an offer to get you to stay. If you’re interested click ‘Take Offer,’ otherwise click ‘Cancel Subscription.’
Once you’ve canceled your Hulu subscription you’ll no longer be charged and your account will be deactivated.
If you’d rather talk to a person you’ll have to call Hulu’s customer support.
Cancel via Amazon
If you pay for Hulu via Amazon, you can either cancel your Hulu subscription directly through Hulu using the steps above or cancel via your Amazon account page.
To cancel Hulu through your Amazon account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Go to your Amazon subscription page.
- Click ‘Actions’ located on the right side of the screen.
- Select ‘Turn off auto-renewal’ found in the drop-down menu.
- Choose ‘Confirm’ when prompted to cancel Hulu.
Cancel Hulu Through iTunes
If you pay for Hulu through iTunes, you can cancel directly through Hulu with the steps outlined above or you can cancel your subscription with iTunes.
Here are the steps to cancel Hulu through iTunes:
- Visit the iTunes store.
- Click ‘Account’ and sign in.
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- In Settings, click on ‘Manage’ located next to Subscriptions.
- Switch auto-renewal for Hulu from ‘on’ to ‘off.’
- Make sure to click ‘Done,’ to confirm your changes.
Cancel Hulu via Roku
Even if your account is billed through Roku, you’ll want to cancel your Hulu subscription directly through your Hulu account.
Cancel Hulu via Disney+
If your Hulu account is part of a Disney+ bundle, you’ll need to cancel your subscription to Disney+.
However, if you pay for your Hulu subscription separately, you’ll need to cancel both your Disney bundle and your Hulu subscription.
In this case, you’ll also need to cancel your Hulu subscription directly through Hulu using these steps.
Will I Still Have Access to Hulu?
When you cancel your Hulu account you’ll still have access until the end of your billing cycle. At the end of your billing cycle, your account will be deactivated.
This means that you’ll lose access to premium content. However, you will still have access to any free content provided by the streaming platform, though that’s very limited.
Alternative Streaming Services To Hulu
If you want to keep streaming online, cable-free, the following services are worthy alternatives to Hulu. If you’re on the market and looking around, some of these offer a free trial or discounted initial subscription periods:
- FuboTV: the direct competitor of Hulu in price and content. $64.99 per month, though you get 20 to 30 more channels, and of the 100+ total channel line up 35 feature sports. There’s a 7-day free trial. More info in our FuboTV review.
- DIRECTV STREAM: More expensive than Hulu, even the base plan. However, many premium movie networks are available with the upper-tier plans, as well as regional sports networks. If money is plentiful, this is a good option. There’s also a 14-day money-back guarantee. More in this DIRECTV STREAM review.
- Sling TV: Almost half the price of Hulu at $35 per month. You do get half the channels, but it’s a high-quality line-up. Add-ons are also relatively cheap, so you can customize a plan for less than what you pay for Hulu, all the while getting the exact channels you want. The first month is discounted at $10. Read more in our Sling TV review.
If you have any other questions about how to cancel your Hulu subscription, let us know in the comments below!
- Can You Watch ESPN on Fire TV? - 03/20/2021
- 4 NBA Streaming Services to Watch Live Basketball This Season - 12/28/2020
- How to Watch CBS on Roku: Which Services Are Compatible? - 10/16/2020