SelectTV is now FreeCast, making the service reflect the company’s name, FreeCast, Inc. We’ve discussed the service before: it allows users to integrate all their streaming subscriptions in a single place.
Note that the new FreeCast app was supposed to be available on September 1st. It has been delayed and the company has promised it next week.
There is nothing special that subscribers need to do. Their old SelectTV login details have been transferred. Just go to Freecast.com and log in. The old $3.99/mo plan is gone and it is now free.
There is also a new premium service, FreeCast+, which existing customers are automatically transferred to. It adds a number of features, most notably, MediaPay. This is a service that provides an all-in-one monthly Statement. You don’t have to deal with a dozen different streaming bills — manage everything in one place. It also provides access to PlayOn cloud DVR.
FreeCast+ is available for a one-time charge of $29.99. And given that FreeCast has been in business since 2011, it doesn’t look like it is going anywhere. Or you can get it for $4.99/mo.
FreeCast also provides the same two pay channel packages plus a new one from Hallmark:
- Hallmark Movies Now ($5.99/mo): On-demand service with an enormous collection of family-oriented films.
- SelectTV Value ($6.99/mo): Provides 16 English-language channels
- SelectTV Mis Canales ($9.99/mo): Provides 25 surprisingly good Spanish-language channels.
SelectTV was a good deal for $3.99/mo. FreeCast is definitely a service you should check out! See our SelectTV review for details.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now — 3 Simple Steps to Cutting the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, gain control, and enjoy TV more!