Sling TV is one of the many services that let you access live TV channels without the annoying cable contract.
While it may be one of the oldest and most established streaming services of its type, its offering is different compared to what you can get with other services. It is arguably the best low-cost streaming service at just $35 per month.
If you have decided to move on from Sling TV, follow along to learn how to cancel.
Table Of Contents
Step by Step: How to Cancel Sling TV
When you’re ready for a change, Sling TV offers two options:
- To pause your subscription
- To cancel it completely.
If you’re ready to cancel Sling TV, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Using a web browser go to Sling.com on a desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
- Log in to your Sling TV account.
- Click on the gear icon (⚙️) near ‘My Account.’
- Select ‘Manage Account.’
- Go to ‘Your Subscription.’
- Choose ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- Select ‘Cancel Subscription’ in the pop-up window.
- Pick a reason you want to cancel and click ‘Continue to Cancel’ at the bottom of the window.
- Click ‘Confirm My Cancellation’ to finalize the cancellation of your subscription.
How To Pause Your Sling TV Subscription
Pausing your service can be helpful if you aren’t entirely sure whether you want to get rid of it but you’re tired of paying for the monthly subscription. You can pause your subscription for 1, 2, or 3 months.
However, if you have a promotion, are paying via gift cards, signed up through Roku or an affiliate partner, or are paying using Amazon Pay, you cannot pause your subscription.
To pause your subscription you’ll need to follow steps 1 through 5.
Then, instead of ‘Cancel Subscription,’ click ‘Pause Subscription.’ From there you will be prompted to select how long you want to pause your account (1-3 months).
Once you select how long you want to pause your account, click ‘Next.’ Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize pausing your subscription.
Can I Still Watch Live TV?
Whether you choose to pause or cancel your subscription you will still have access to all Sling TV features included in your package until the end of your billing cycle. If you have chosen to pause your subscription, your account will become active again after the selected period.
If you have canceled your subscription completely, you’ll always have your Sling TV account. You can use this same account to get Sling TV again in the future by simply renewing your account. (Note: If you cancel during a free trial, access to Sling TV will be terminated immediately.)
Just because you’ve given up your Sling TV subscription doesn’t mean you can’t watch Live TV without cable. There are plenty of alternatives for Live TV available for cord-cutters.
Besides, Sling TV has 20+ free live channels you can access without registration, as well as an on-demand content library.
Sling TV Alternatives
Each of these services offers access to Live TV and streaming across a wide variety of devices. Check out what each of these services has to offer. Some even offer access to extensive content libraries in case you can’t find anything you want to watch on Live TV.
Before you change to another streaming service, you may want to read some of our comparison reviews alongside Sling TV:
- See how Sling TV compares to AT&T’s streaming services
- Does Sling TV match up to YouTube TV’s $64.99 per month plan?
- Sling TV vs. Philo: Budget live TV streaming services compared
- Find out whether Hulu’s Live TV plan offers a better deal for you than Sling TV
- Check out how fuboTV fares as a Sling TV alternative
If you still have questions about how to cancel Sling TV, feel free to ask us in the comments below.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!