LeBron James is on the cusp of overtaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the NBA’s all-time points leader. You can watch this iconic event live when it happens — without cable!
In a hurry? You can watch many of the upcoming games live with Sling Orange for just $40.00/mo. But for just $14.99/mo more, you can add NBA League Pass and see every game!
Table Of Contents
LeBron James Points Tracker: 38,299 of 38,387Updated through January 25th
There are a lot of superstars in NBA history. And many of them feature iconic moments like Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game and Michael Jordan’s 41-point NBA finals average in 1993. But the all-time points leader has a special place in fan’s hearts because it requires both great play and longevity.
That’s certainly the case with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who played for 20 seasons for a total of 38,387 points and a 24.6-point regular season scoring average. But LeBron James is now right on his heels.
Also in his 20th season, James has 38,164 points after a 37-point game against the Portland Trail Blazers. That’s just 223 points away. And with LeBron averaging almost 30 points per game this season, he should be the all-time points leader in just 8 games!
How to Watch LeBron Become the NBA All-Time Scoring Leader
Obviously, we don’t know the exact game when LeBron will take the title. But with 35 games left in the regular season, it seems assured even if the Lakers are struggling in the bottom half of the Western Conference standings.
You can watch all of the matchups with LeBron, Patrick Beverley, Dennis Schoder, Lonnie Walker, Anthony Davis, and the rest of the Lakers’ squad. Here is the upcoming schedule (base times Eastern) with channels:
- Jan 24 : LA Clippers at Los Angeles Lakers (TNT)
- Jan 25 : San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Lakers (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Jan 28 : Los Angeles Lakers at Boston Celtics (ABC)
- Jan 30 : Los Angeles Lakers at Brooklyn Nets (NBA TV)
- Jan 31 Los Angeles Lakers at New York Knicks (TNT)
- Feb 2 : Los Angeles Lakers at Indiana Pacers (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Feb 4 : Los Angeles Lakers at New Orleans Pelicans (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Feb 7 : Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Feb 9 : Milwaukee Bucks at Los Angeles Lakers (TNT)
- Feb 11 : Los Angeles Lakers at Golden State Warriors (ABC)
- Feb 13 : Los Angeles Lakers at Portland Trail Blazers (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Feb 15 : New Orleans Pelicans at Los Angeles Lakers (ESPN)
- Feb 23 : Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Lakers (TNT)
- Feb 26 : Los Angeles Lakers at Dallas Mavericks (ABC)
- Feb 28 : Los Angeles Lakers at Memphis Grizzlies (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 1 : Los Angeles Lakers at Oklahoma City Thunder (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 3 : Minnesota Timberwolves at Los Angeles Lakers (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 5 : Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Lakers (ABC)
- Mar 7 : Memphis Grizzlies at Los Angeles Lakers (TNT)
- Mar 10 : Toronto Raptors at Los Angeles Lakers (NBA TV)
- Mar 12 : New York Knicks at Los Angeles Lakers (ESPN)
- Mar 14 : Los Angeles Lakers at New Orleans Pelicans (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 15 : Los Angeles Lakers at Houston Rockets (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 17 : Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Lakers (NBA TV)
- Mar 19 : Orlando Magic at Los Angeles Lakers (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 22 : Phoenix Suns at Los Angeles Lakers (ESPN)
- Mar 24 : Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 26 : Chicago Bulls at Los Angeles Lakers (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 29 : Los Angeles Lakers at Chicago Bulls (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Mar 31 : Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA TV)
- Apr 2 : Los Angeles Lakers at Houston Rockets (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Apr 4 : Los Angeles Lakers at Utah Jazz (Spectrum SportsNet)
- Apr 5 : Los Angeles Lakers at LA Clippers (ESPN)
- Apr 7 : Phoenix Suns at Los Angeles Lakers (NBA TV)
- Apr 9 : Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Lakers (Spectrum SportsNet)
How to Stream LeBron as He Becomes the All-Time Scoring Champ
Most streaming services offer primarily on-demand content. Think of Hulu and Netflix. For sports, you normally need a live TV streaming service. And that’s mostly the case with NBA games, which air on live channels.
For fans outside the Los Angeles area, it’s easy to watch every one of these games. Just by signing up with Sling Orange, you can watch 13 of these remaining 35 games for just $40.00/mo. You can watch five additional games on NBA TV, which you can get with the Sports Extra for $11/mo more. But you probably don’t want to do that.
Serious NBA fans should add NBA League Pass to to Sling TV for just $14.99/mo extra. This not only gives you NBA TV but also each game of every NBA team except for your local franchise.
So Sling Orange and League Pass will cost you a total of $54.99/mo, which is an amazing price for all the NBA along with great channels like AMC, BBC America, BET, CNN, Comedy Central, Disney Channel, Food Network, HGTV, History Channel, Lifetime, TBS, TNT, and, of course, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 (ABC Sports).
This also comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage so you can record this and other iconic moments to keep.
Streaming for LA Fans
Because of blackout restrictions, fans in Los Angeles cannot see most of the Lakers games through NBA League Pass. Instead, they must sign up with DIRECTV STREAM, which offers Spectrum SportsNet.
FuboTV is about to add a bunch of RSNs, so you might check with them. But currently, they do not offer the channel.
To get Spectrum SportsNet from DIRECTV STREAM, you must sign up for at least the Choice Package, which costs $99.99/mo.
Devices You Can Live Stream This Iconic LeBron James Event
Sling TV is one of the top live TV streaming services and one way they prove it is by providing apps for pretty much every device currently in use today including:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android Mobile
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone)
- LG smart TVs
- Samsung smart TVs
- VIZIO smart TVs
- Web Browsers
For complete information, see our Sling Devices Guide.
Don’t miss this great moment when LeBron James becomes the all-time points leader in the NBA. Watch it with Sling TV!
Featured image created from LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers in a game against the Washington Wizards at Verizon Center on November 21, 2014 in Washington, DC by KA Sports Photos under CC BY-SA 2.0.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022