Election night is November 8th with races across the nation. And you can get up-to-the-minute news and analysis with Sling TV. Read on to learn everything you need to know.
Table Of Contents
There are a lot of great live TV streaming services. But Sling TV is the only one that fully embraces an a la carte approach. More so than with any streaming service or cable/satellite provider, Sling TV allows you to get what you want.
Sling TV Base Plans for Election Night 2022
Sling TV has two base plans that provide great news coverage.
Sling Orange is advertised as good for sports and families. This is because it includes three ESPN channels as well as The Disney Channel. It also has a good range of other channels like A&E, AMC, BET, Comedy Central, Food Network, Freeform, MotorTrend, TBS, TNT, and more.
But it also features two excellent straight-news channels:
- Bloomberg TV: Provides news with a focus on business and capital markets. But it will air special coverage from to on election night.
- CNN: The original cable news channel is still a trusted source of information about what’s happening. And their Election night coverage will start at and feature Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper.
- Local Now: This spin-off of The Weather Channel provides regionally-oriented news coverage. We expect it to provide some election results but that will not be the focus of its programming.
Sling Blue as advertised as being good for entertainment and news. That’s certainly true, but it offers more than that. In particular, it offers Fox and NBC affiliates in select markets. It also offers sports channels FS1 (Fox Sports 1) and NFL Network. And a good selection of general channels like AXS TV, BBC America, Bravo, Discovery, E!, National Geographic, SyFy, USA, and much more.
In terms of news, Sling Blue really shines. It includes Bloomberg TV and CNN, and Local Now like Sling Orange. But it includes more:
- Fox News: Provides election night coverage starting at with Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.
- HLN: The main election night coverage will be featured on CNN. HLN will feature its usual format of breaking news, which should include a lot of election results.
- MSNBC: Election night coverage starts at with Rachel Maddow, Nicolle Wallace and Joy Reid.
Sling TV News Add-Ons
As we said, Sling TV gives you a lot of choices. So if you don’t want to bother with Fox News and MSNBC but you want more news channels, Sling has you covered. Both Orange and Blue plans offer News Extra add-ons.
Sling Orange News Add-Ons
The Sling Orange News Extra add-on costs $6/mo and it gives you 9 extra channels:
Sling Blue News Add-Ons
The Sling Blue News Extra add-on gives you even more (11 channels) for the same $6/mo:
- BBC World News
- Fox Business
- Law & Crime
- NDTV 24×7
- Science Channel
- Weather Nation
Additionally, Sling TV has other channel collections:
- Sports Extra
- Comedy Extra
- Kids Extra
- Lifestyle Extra
- Hollywood Extra
- Heartland Extra.
Sling TV also offers 46 other channel add-ons. These include premium channels like Showtime, Starz, and Epix. But you can also get a tremendous amount of specialty content like Curiosity Stream, DogTV, and Noggin for as little as $3/mo.
Sling TV Spanish News Coverage
Local Election Coverage
Local elections are covered on local channels — normally the ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC affiliates. As we mentioned, Sling Blue provides Fox and NBC in many areas.
But for complete coverage, you should install a digital antenna. If this makes you think of rabbit-ears on a black and white portable TV from your childhood, think again. Digital TV is broadcast in high-definition and it looks great!
Sling TV supports AirTV, which allows you to integrate a digital antenna with its streaming interface. This is a great way to include local channels with your online ones. And Sling is the only streaming service that allows you to do this.
Sling TV Features
Both Sling TV plans come with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. In our experience, this is as much as most people need but you can upgrade to 200 hours.
Sling Blue allows you to stream on up to 3 devices at once. Sling Orange is limited to a single device.
In terms of streaming devices, Sling TV supports most that are in use today. These include Amazon Fire TV (Firestick), Android TV and mobile, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS (iPhone, iPad), Roku, Xbox, and various smart TVs.
Note that if you want it all, you can get the Sling Orange + Blue plan for $55.00/mo. In that case, you get all channels in both add-on packages, although in the case of Sports, it is more expensive.
- Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11] - 11/15/2022
- Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/13/2022
- 🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/12/2022