The 2022 American League Championship Series starts Wednesday, October 19th. See how to watch it without cable!
In a hurry? All the ALCS games will be on TBS. You can’t watch any of these games with a digital antenna. You need a streaming service. These are our top choices to watch the ALCS:
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: A great overall streaming service offering 85+ live channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+. Try one month for $69.99.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, you need a VPN. Here are our top picks from our VPN guide:
Table Of Contents
As most MLB fans are aware, the league is split into two main divisions. One of those divisions is the American League. The ALCS is a series that determines which AL team will make it to the World Series.
If you’re a fan of any AL teams, this is a series that you won’t want to miss. It is the first 7-game series (following the 5-game Division series). The games air exclusively on TBS. So there is no reason why you can’t watch the ALCS without cable.
2022 American League Championship Series Schedule
The American League Championship Series runs from Wednesday, October 18th through Wednesday, October 26th (if there are seven games).
Here’s the schedule at this time
- Wed Oct 19 TBD: TBD at TBD (TBS)
- Thu Oct 20 TBD: TBD at TBD (TBS)
- Sat Oct 22 TBD: TBD at TBD (TBS)
- Sun Oct 23 TBD: TBD at TBD (TBS)
- Mon Oct 24 TBD: TBD at TBD (TBS)*
- Tue Oct 25 TBD: TBD at TBD (TBS)*
- Wed Oct 26 TBD: TBD at TBD (TBS)*
* If necessary.
Stream the ALCS Without Cable
TBS is readily available on general streaming services. When it comes to sports streaming, three of the most popular options include DIRECTV STREAM, Hulu + Live, and Sling TV. However, those aren’t the only options and before the end of this guide, you’ll have a complete list of ways to watch the ALCS without cable.
When you’re ready to watch TV, after you’ve signed up for your free trial, you’ll need to connect to your streaming device. Many options for streaming devices are available. You can use your smart TV, computer, mobile device, or gaming console.
DIRECTV STREAM is almost certainly the way to go if you are a serious baseball fan. It offers by far the best selection of RSNs, the home channels for each MLB team. But it also allows you to watch all of the postseason games.
The Entertainment package ($69.99/mo) offers 75+ channels and everything to watch all the playoff games. The Choice plan ($89.99/mo) provides this as well as virtually every regular season game and much more.
These plans also come with unlimited DVR storage and simultaneous streaming devices. Our DIRECTV STREAM review has all the details.
Sling TV offers an inexpensive service with some of the most popular cable channels. There are three options to choose from, but when it comes to the MLB playoffs, you can get all you need with the Sling Blue plan for $35.00/mo. It includes 40+ channels including TBS, Fox (select areas), and FS1. And Sling has great options for customizing your channel lineup.
Stream ALCS With Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV ($69.99/mo) is a great overall entertainment plan with strong support for sports. It has something for everyone included. Over 85 channels are available including TBS, Fox, and FS1, which you will need to watch the NLCS and World Series. It also comes with ESPN+ and Disney+.
You also get unlimited cloud DVR storage with Hulu + Live TV as well as simultaneous streaming on two devices. See our Hulu + Live TV review for more.
Other Ways to Watch the ALCS
Sadly, TBS is not as well supported by live TV streaming services as we might like. But you do have one other option:
- YouTube TV: Watch more than 85 channels for $64.99 per month.
If you still have questions about how to watch the ALCS without cable, please let me know in the comments. You can find details about other ways to watch sports online without cable in many of our other guides, too.
Live Streaming Devices for the ALCS
The live TV streaming services we’ve discussed all provide support for the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Web browsers
There are other devices that have patchy support: Android TV-based smart TVs as well as Xbox and Playstation gaming systems.
What were the results of the 2021 American League Championship Series?
The Houston Astros bested the Chicago Red Sox 4-2. The Red Sox got to a surprising 2-1 lead, but the Astros came back with two straight wins in Chicago and a final win at home to win the series.
- Fri Oct 15 8:00 pm: Red Sox (4) at Astros (5) (Fox)
- Sat Oct 16 4:30 pm: Red Sox (9) at Astros (5) (Fox)
- Mon Oct 18 7:00 pm: Astros (3) at Red Sox (12) (FS1)
- Tue Oct 19 7:30 pm: Astros (9) at Red Sox (2) (FS1)
- Wed Oct 20 5:00 pm: Astros (9) at Red Sox (1) (FS1)
- Fri Oct 22 8:00 pm: Red Sox (0) at Astros (5) (FS1)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now — 3 Simple Steps to Cutting the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, gain control, and enjoy TV more!