This year’s bowl season, there is one college bowl game on Christmas Eve and that’s the Hawaii Bowl. In order to watch Middle Tennessee State take on San Diego State at , you’ll need a streaming service that offers ESPN.
Luckily, there are quite a few services that include ESPN, so you’ve got plenty of ways to watch the event.
In a hurry? Skip the wordy bits and jump in to try a service right away. These three have what you need, and more:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Everything you need is right here. Before the end of this guide, you’ll learn all about the available services you can use to stream the Hawaii Bowl.
Other information will include the time of the game and any other information you’ll need to be ready come game time!
Hawaii Bowl Schedule
All of the basic details for Hawaii Bowl streaming are listed right, here!
- Date: Dec 24, 2022
- Channel: ESPN
- Teams: Middle Tennessee (25) vs San Diego State (23)
- Last Year’s Results: Memphis at Hawaii (Was Cancelled)
The Hawaii Bowl will be played at Clarence T. C. Ching Athletics Complex, Honolulu and will air on ESPN. As long as you’ve got a streaming service, you’ll have a legal way to watch the Hawaii Bowl without cable!
If you’re a fan of college bowl games, you won’t want to miss the 2022 Hawaii Bowl! All you need to do is find a streaming service and you’ll be all set to watch!
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Middle Tennessee State vs San Diego State
The Hawaii Bowl will be a blast this year with Middle Tennessee State taking on San Diego State on Christmas Eve. The game features two teams with 7-5 records, but the level of play that San Diego State has faced is superior.
Middle Tennessee State has quite the air attack, with quarterback Chase Cunningham, who threw for 2,920 yards, 19 touchdowns, and nine interceptions this year. Though he has some remarkable statistics, he lacks the prototypical size NFL teams covet, so he may be out of luck in hearing his name called on draft day.
Leading San Diego State into the game is Junior quarterback Jalen Mayden. Jalen’s stats are in the typical window for a starting Mountain West quarterback. He threw for 1,721 yards this year, with ten touchdowns to seven interceptions. While ten touchdowns may start in the Mountain West, it isn’t great. However, 1,721 yards is decent for the Mountain West ordinarily, especially with an interception total under ten. San Diego State went 5-3 in conference play this year.
The critical match-ups in the Hawaii Bowl will be if San Diego State Aztecs can get their air attack going against a beleaguered Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders secondary. On Middle Tennessee’s side of things, can their poor rushing game compete with San Diego State’s excellent run defense?
An excellent rule of thumb is to compare the conferences the two bowl teams play in and add a win to one team’s record to compare the different levels of play. The rule of thumb for bowl games is to add a win to the Power-five team when they play a lesser school.
Middle Tennessee State plays in the Conference USA, which is primarily at the level two-stars and players only coaches have heard of play their college ball. San Diego State plays in the Mountain West Conference, where two-stars and three-stars make up most of the rosters.
So, to compare these two conferences, it is necessary to add half a win to San Diego State. So, because both teams feature 7-5 records, San Diego State should win the game because they played against superior competition. But we can’t count Middle Tennessee out.
How to Watch the Hawaii Bowl Without Cable
ESPN is an easy channel to find without cable, so if you’re trying to watch the Hawaii Bowl streaming, you shouldn’t have any trouble.
The benefit to streaming is that it’s cheaper than your average cable contract. Streaming services also offer features like on-demand libraries and cloud-based DVRs. Add in the fact that you don’t have to sign a contract, and it’s easy to see why people ultimately choose to start streaming and ditch cable.
Once you’re ready to start streaming, you’ll need a device. The devices you can use will depend on the service you’re using, but most services are compatible with a variety of devices.
Common device options include computers, Apple TV, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and more.
Watch the Hawaii Bowl online on FuboTV
Get 35 sports stations in FuboTV’s 120+ Live TV channels for $74.99/mo. The basic ESPN and ESPN2 are included in the base package. You can get other ESPN channels through the Sports and International add ons.
For more information on FuboTV:
- The best streaming service for sports fans
- Multiple sports add ons so you can catch up on even more sports
- 1000 hours of cloud DVR
- Watch FuboTV on Samsung and Hisense TV, web browsers, mobile devices, Roku, and Chromecast.
Our FuboTV review has the details.
Watch the Hawaii Bowl Streaming on Sling TV
Sling TV is one of the top choices in streaming because of the great prices. You can get the Sling Orange package, which includes ESPN and 30 other channels for just $40.00/mo. Each package also includes an on-demand library. Here are more details on Sling TV:
- Choose Sling Orange and pay just $40.00/mo
- Over 30+ channels (see Sling TV packages here)
- Limited local channels in select areas
- A cheap way to watch college football without cable
- An on-demand library is part of your plan
- Stream on Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, mobile devices, and more
Watch the Hawaii Bowl Online on DIRECTV STREAM
With DIRECTV STREAM,75+ channels are available for $79.99/mo. ESPN included. To get more, like RSNs, pay $20 per month extra.
DIRECTV STREAM features include:
- ESPN and ESPN2 in the base package
- The choice package ($108.99/mo) also has 100+ channels including ESPNews and ESPNU together with 20+ RSNs
- Unlimited cloud DVR
- Watching on unlimited devices
- Chromecast, Samsung TV, web browsers, mobile devices, etc
Read our DIRECTV STREAM review here.
Watch the Hawaii Bowl Online via Hulu + Live TV
Add all of the on-demand content in and you will have plenty to watch. Plans are available starting at $76.99/mo.
Here are more highlights about Hulu Live:
- Over 85+ channels on Hulu Live
- Watch ESPN, FS1, FX, TNT, local channels, and dozens of other channels
- Hours and hours of on-demand content are included
- Unlimited cloud-DVR is included, offering 9 month storage
- You can stream on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, computers, mobile devices, etc.
The Hulu + Live TV review can help to answer any of your Hulu-related questions.
Superpower Your Sports Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
i Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.
Other Ways to Watch the Hawaii Bowl Live Stream
You’ve already learned about some good options, but we’ve got a few other choices that might work for you. Here are the additional services that you can use to watch the Hawaii Bowl online without cable:
- Vidgo — Provides 5 ESPN channels and all the conference networks and more for $69.99/mo. check out our Vidgo review for more.
- YouTube TV – You’ll pay $72.99/mo for over 100 channels.
You can ask any questions you have about how to watch the Hawaii Bowl online, in the comments. You can also check out our College Bowl Games guide.
How do watch more NCAA football bowl games online other than the Hawaii Bowl?
Our schedule below has all the details you need on how you can watch all the bowl games this season without cable.
- Fri Dec 16 : Bahamas Bowl — Miami (Ohio) vs University of Alabama at Birmingham (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 16 : Cure Bowl — UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Fenway Bowl — Cincinnati vs Louisville (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Cricket Celebration Bowl — Jackson State vs NC Central (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : Las Vegas Bowl — Florida vs Oregon State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LA Bowl — Washington State vs Fresno State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LendingTree Bowl — Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : New Mexico Bowl — SMU vs BYU (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Frisco Bowl — North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 19 : Myrtle Beach Bowl — Marshall vs UConn (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Famous Idaho Potato Bowl — Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Boca Raton Bowl — Liberty vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 21 : New Orleans Bowl — Western Kentucky vs South Alabama (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 22 : Armed Forces Bowl — Baylor vs Air Force (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Independence Bowl — Louisiana vs Houston (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Gasparilla Bowl — Wake Forest vs Missouri (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 24 : Hawaii Bowl — Middle Tennessee vs San Diego State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 26 : Quick Lane Bowl — New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Camellia Bowl — Georgia Southern vs Buffalo (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : First Responder Bowl — Memphis vs Utah State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Birmingham Bowl — Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Guaranteed Rate Bowl — Wisconsin vs Oklahoma State (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Military Bowl — UCF vs Duke (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Liberty Bowl — Kansas vs Arkansas (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Holiday Bowl — Oregon vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Texas Bowl — Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs Minnesota (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Cheez-It Bowl — Oklahoma vs Florida State (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Alamo Bowl — Texas vs Washington (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Duke’s Mayo Bowl — Maryland vs NC State (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Sun Bowl — Pittsburgh vs UCLA (CBS)
- Fri Dec 30 : Gator Bowl — Notre Dame vs South Carolina (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Arizona Bowl — Ohio vs Wyoming (Barstool Sports)
- Fri Dec 30 : Orange Bowl — Tennessee vs Clemson (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Music City Bowl — Iowa vs Kentucky (ABC)
- Sat Dec 31 : Sugar Bowl — Alabama vs Kansas State (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Fiesta Bowl — TCU vs Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Peach Bowl — Ohio State vs Georgia (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : ReliaQuest Bowl — Mississippi State vs Illinois (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 2 : Cotton Bowl — Tulane vs USC (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : Citrus Bowl — LSU vs Purdue (ABC)
- Mon Jan 2 : Rose Bowl — Penn State vs Utah (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 9 : National Championship — TCU vs Georgia (Fox)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Added buttons for streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Mentioned offers. More links.
Added FAQ section. Added new section. Added some links. Formatting changes. Various changes to content.
Added links to streaming services. Put related links. Formatting changes. Various changes.
Added buttons for streaming services.
Added links to streaming services. Pricing updates. Image changes. Reworded some things. Cleaned up list.
Pricing updates. Image changes. Changed a few bits of content.
Pricing updates. Reworded some things.
Changed some content in main section. Updates to a section. Cross linking.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022