The XFL is back the DC Defenders are ready to dominate as it did when the league began back in 2020. Read on to learn how to watch every game without cable!
In a hurry? If you want to watch the 2023 DC Defenders season, along with the other XFL games, we have the streaming services that you need:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Channels to Watch DC Defenders Games Live
The XFL games will air across several different channels this season. These channels are ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and FX.
These are the networks you’ll need to stream DC Defenders online without cable. You can subscribe to a streaming service to access these networks. Read on to see your best bets.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
How to Watch The DC Defenders Online Without Cable
Streaming is a lot like regular cable, but for most people the cost is the biggest benefit. After you subscribe, you just need to set up a compatible streaming device and then you can watch all your favorite sports, shows, and news programs.
Most services work across multiple streaming devices like your computer, smartphone or tablet, many smart TVs, or devices like Roku or Amazon Fire. We encourage you to learn about your options.
Watch DC Defenders on FuboTV
FuboTV has the best section of sports channels for fans. More than a third of the channels are dedicated to sports. The Pro plan is $74.99/mo. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days. Also, it has:
- 130+ channels
- Has local channels ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox
- Channels include ESPN, ESPN2, and FX
- 1000 hours of cloud DVR
- Streaming on 10 devices at once.
You can find out more in our FuboTV Review here.
Sling TV For Watching DC Defenders
- $40.00/mo (Orange or Blue) $55.00/mo (Orange & Blue)
- ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 are in the Sling Orange package
- FX is in the Sling Blue package
- 30+ channels (Sling Orange) and 40+ channels (Sling Blue)
- 1 streaming device (Sling Orange) and 3 streaming devices (Sling Blue)
- 50 hours of cloud DVR
Our Sling TV review has more details.
See DC Defenders on DIRECTV STREAM
Another recommendation to watch DC Defenders online, along with the other XFL teams, is DIRECTV STREAM. It has live local networks and plenty of other options for sports and entertainment. The details:
- $74.99/mo for 75+ channels
- ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and FX are available
- Unlimited cloud DVR
- Streaming on unlimited devices at the same time
Hulu + Live TV For Streaming DC Defenders
- 85+ live channels
- Huge on-demand library
- Unlimited cloud DVR (with storage for 9 months)
- All the XFL channels: ABC, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, and FS2
You can also read more about it in our Hulu + Live TV review.
Stream DC Defenders on Vidgo
Vidgo has all the channels you need to watch the XFL season. There are 100+ sports and entertainment channels for you to watch. Try one month for $59.95. You should also know there are:
- Local channels: ABC and Fox
- 100+ live TV channels
- ESPN channels: ESPN and ESPN2
- FX is also available
Here is our Vidgo review for more information.
Other Ways to Watch DC Defenders
FuboTV, Sling TV, DIRECTV STREAM, Hulu + Live TV and Vidgo are at the top of our list, but they’re not the only options to watch XFL and stream DC Defenders games this season.
- Digital Antenna: With a digital antenna, you can watch local channels in your area for free. This includes ABC. Therefore you can watch all the games aired on ABC for free.
- YouTube TV: The base package is $64.99/mo and it has ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and FX. Our YouTube TV review has more information.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Streaming Devices to Watch the DC Defenders Games
These streaming services are compatible with most devices at home. All the services offer the following:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android Mobile
- Android TV smart TVs
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Web Browsers.
- FuboTV: Hisense, LG, Samsung, Vizio smart TVs and Xbox gaming consoles
- Sling TV: LG, Samsung, Vizio smart TVs, Oculus VR, Xbox, and more
- Hulu + Live TV: Xbox, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation gaming consoles
- DIRECTV STREAM: Samsung TV smart TVs and proprietary device
- YouTube TV: Xbox and PlayStation gaming consoles
See our individual reviews for more details on the streaming devices.
DC Defenders Overview
DC Defenders of the North Division is bound to generate interest and shake things up in the XFL. In the truncated 2020 XFL season, the Defenders finished at the top of their conference and set a league record for the most lopsided win with a 27-0 shutout over the New York Guardians. Will the Defenders be able to stay at the top of their division in 2023?
With Reggie Barlow as head coach and manager, the DC Defenders are in an excellent position to become a top XFL franchise. The professional development of the Defenders’ front office has succeeded in retaining Audi Field in Washington, DC — and its pristine natural grass — for home games.
The DC Defenders roster is strong and features a lot of talent from the NFL, USFL, Canadian Football League, and elsewhere.
DC Defenders Offense
In the quarterback department of the Defenders, the three spots are filled by Eric Dungey, D’Eriq King, and Jordan Ta’amu. Although none of them were selected in the NFL draft, Ta’amu had an impressive season with the BattleHawks in 2020 and was the second pick in the 2022 USFL draft by Tampa Bay Bandits with which he had an excellent season.
They will be combined with wide receivers KD Cannon, Simmie Cobbs, and Josh Hammond (Jacksonville Jaguars). The teams also features running backs Ryquell Armstead (Jaguars), Artavis Pierce (Chicago Bears), Abram Smith, and Pooka Williams (Cincinnati Bengals). And the tight end position will be held by Briley Moore, Kahale Warring (Houston Texans), and Ethan Wolf (New Orleans Saints).
Also notable on the offensive line is tackle Kyle Murphy formerly of the Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints.
DC Defenders Defense
The solid defense shown by the team in 2020 will likely be strengthened by former NFL head coach Gregg Williams, who is taking over as defensive coordinator and assistant coach.
Based on their points in favor and points against differential during the 2020 season, the Defenders are in clear need to improve their defensive line. Williams has a lot to work with.
The Defenders have a deep defensive roster. The line includes Davin Bellamy, Fadol Brown (Oakland Raiders, Packers), Dame Ndiaye, Jacub Panasiuk, Niles Scott (Bengals), Joseph Wallace.
The linebacker squad is led by the colorful Reggie Northrup of the CFL and most recently USFL, who also happens to be into mixed martial arts. Additionally, there is Francis Bernard (Dallas Cowboys), Jamal Brooks, Terrill Hanks (Birmingham Stallions), Anthony Hines, Andre Mintze (Denver Broncos), and Aaron Sterling.
The defensive backs include safety Kentrell Brice (Packers) and cornerbacks Parnell Motley (Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Francisco 49ers, Broncos) and DeJuan Neal.
All in all, the Defenders have managed to assemble a player roster that appears to be deeper when compared to the 2020 season. Now that they have been shuffled to the XFL North Division, which means that they will have to prevail against the St Louis BattleHawks, a team that sportsbook managers in Las Vegas believe has the best chance to win the tournament.
All in all, however, the DC Defenders should be able to make the 2023 playoffs easily.
DC Defenders 2023 Schedule
Here are the 10 weeks of the DC Defenders schedule for 2023:
- Sun Feb 19 : Seattle Sea Dragons at D.C. Defenders (ESPN)
- Sat Feb 25 : D.C. Defenders at Vegas Vipers (FX)
- Sun Mar 5 : St. Louise Battlehawks at D.C. Defenders (FX)
- Sun Mar 12 : Vegas Vipers at D.C. Defenders (ESPN2)
- Sat Mar 18 : D.C. Defenders at St. Louise Battlehawks (FX)
- Mon Mar 27 : Houston Roughnecks at D.C. Defenders (FX)
- Sun Apr 2 : D.C. Defenders at Orlando Guardians (FX)
- Sun Apr 9 : D.C. Defenders at Seattle Sea Dragons (ESPN2)
- Sun Apr 16 : Arlington Renegades at D.C. Defenders (ESPN)
- Sat Apr 22 : D.C. Defenders at San Antonio Brahmas (ABC)
The semifinals will be on April 29 and 30. If the Defenders perform well, they will be participating in the semifinals. The Championship is set for May 13.
That’s everything we know about how to watch the DC Defenders online without cable. But, even if you only plan to watch DC Defenders games you may want to have access to the rest of the XFL schedule and FuboTV is your best pick.
Check out the XFL full schedule here. Do you have any questions? Feel free to ask in the comments.
What were the 2020 results of the D.C. Defenders?
The XFL returned in 2020 after not playing for years. Unfortunately, COVID-19 disrupted the season and the season had to be suspended. DC defenders only go to play some of their games.
- Sat Feb15 at 2 p.m. ET vs. New York Guardians on ABC
- Sat Feb 8 at 2 p.m. ET vs. Seattle Dragons on ABC
- Sun Feb 23 at 6 p.m. ET at LA Wildcats on FS1
- Sun Mar 1 at 7 p.m. ET at Tampa Bay Vipers Eon ESPN2
Sun Mar 8 at 3 p.m. ET vs. St Louis Battlehawks on FS1 Sun Mar 15 at 4 p.m. ET vs. Dallas Renegades on FS1 Sun Mar 22 at 8 p.m. ET at Houston Roughnecks on FS1 Sat Mar 28 at 2 p.m. ET vs. Tampa Bay Vipers on ABC Sat Apr 4 at 2 p.m. ET at New York Guardians on ABC Sun Apr 12 at 3 p.m. ET at St Louis Battlehawls on ABC and FS1
How can I watch other XFL teams’ matchups?
To watch other teams playing this season see our comprehensive guide below:
- Arlington Renegades
- DC Defenders
- Houston Roughnecks
- Orlando Guardians
- San Antonio Brahmas
- Seattle Sea Dragons
- St Louis BattleHawks
- Vegas Vipers
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022