The Southeastern Conference is the most popular in NCAA football. But that doesn’t make them especially easy to watch because their games are spread over a number of channels. We have all the details below!
In a hurry? SEC games are mostly shared by CBS Sports and ESPN. As a result, getting access is a bit more expensive than it is, say, for ACC games. The cheapest way to go is with Sling Orange for just $40.00/mo. You will need to combine it withSports Extra add-on for $11/mo to get SEC Network and Paramount+ Premium for the CBS games. Sign up for Sling TV now and get your first month for half off!
Table Of Contents
SEC Football Channels
The Southeastern Conference has contracts with CBS and Walt Disney Television (which owns ESPN). So most games air on these channels:
- ESPN3 (ABC)
- SEC Network (SEC Network Plus)
There are various games on other channels. These will usually be away games with teams that have contracts with different channels. But over 90% of the games SEC teams play will be on one of the channels listed above.
Note that CBS tends to air more games for bigger football teams. For example, in 2022, CBS aired 5 of the Georgia Bulldogs games. But they aired only one of the Kentucky Wildcats games (who are a powerhouse in basketball but not so much in football).
We will discuss how to get all these channels below.
Streaming SEC Football With Sling Orange
Sling Orange should be the basis for SEC football fans’ streaming. It comes with ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 for $40.00/mo. ESPN3 simulcasts pretty much all ABC Sports broadcasts, so any SEC games that air on ABC will be on ESPN3. And ESPN3 shows a lot of non-football SEC action.
In all, Sling Orange comes with 32 channels including The Disney Channel, MotorTrend, Freeform, and QVC. It also comes with 25 channels that it shares with the Sling Blue plan. These include Adult Swim (Cartoon Network), AMC, BBC America, BET, CNN, Comedy Central, HGTV, Lifetime, Nick Jr, TBS, and TNT.
Since many games air on SEC Network and SEC Network Plus, you will likely want to get the Sports Extra add on for $11/mo. It also comes with ESPNU, ESPNews, ACC Network, ACC Network Extra, Longhorn Network, MLB Network, MLB Network Strike Zone, NBA TV, beIN Sports, NHL Network, Pac-12 Network, and Tennis Channel.
Sling Orange comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage.
One downside for some viewers: Sling Orange only allows you to watch on a single device at once. So if there are others in your household, they will not be able to watch live TV while you are watching the game.
The main downside of Sling TV is that it does not include any CBS channels. But this is easy to fix.Paramount+ Premium provides access to your local CBS channel for $11.99/mo. You also get Showtime and a ton of on-demand content commercial-free.
The other option is to set up a digital antenna. We recommend that all cord-cutters do this. Depending on where you live, you can get ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, and dozens of other independent channels and Spanish-language networks. Get more information in our Sling Local TV Guide.
Sling TV Advantages
Sling TV is known primarily for its low price. There is no way to get ESPN for less money. At $40.00/mo, it is far less expensive than Fubo, DIRECTV STREAM, Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, or even Vidgo, which is generally considered a low-cost service.
In addition to its great price, Sling TV offers unmatched customization. Check out our add-on discussion for all the channel packages and single-channel options. No one matches Sling in this regard and you can get whatever you want!
Sling also provides top-level access to streaming devices. You can use the service on most devices: Amazon Fire TV, Android Mobile, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS devices, Roku devices, most smart TVs, and gaming platforms Xbox and Oculus.
The Southeastern Conference consists of 14 teams, which spans from Texas in the west to Florida in the east.
- Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Missouri Tigers
- Ole Miss Rebels
- South Carolina Gamecocks
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas A&M Aggies
- Vanderbilt Commodores
2023 SEC Football Schedule
- Sat Aug 26 : Hawaii Rainbow Warriors at Vanderbilt (SECN)
- Thu Aug 31 : Florida at Utah Utes
- Thu Aug 31 : South Dakota Coyotes at Missouri
- Sat Sep 2 : Ball State Cardinals at Kentucky (SECN)
- Sat Sep 2 : Virginia Cavaliers at Tennessee (ABC)
- Sat Sep 2 : Mercer Bears at Ole Miss (SECN+)
- Sat Sep 2 : UMass Minutemen at Auburn (ESPN)
- Sat Sep 2 : Western Carolina Catamounts at Arkansas (SECN+)
- Sat Sep 2 : Southeastern La Lions at Mississippi State (SECN)
- Sat Sep 2 : UT Martin Skyhawks at Georgia (SECN+/ESPN+)
- Sat Sep 2 : New Mexico Lobos at Texas A&M (ESPN)
- Sat Sep 2 : Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Vanderbilt (SECN+)
- Sat Sep 2 : Middle Tennessee at Alabama (SECN)
- Sun Sep 3 : Florida State Seminoles at LSU (ABC)
- Sat Sep 2 : North Carolina Tar Heels at South Carolina (ABC)
- Sat Sep 9 : Vanderbilt at Wake Forest Demon Deacons (ACCN)
- Sat Sep 9 : Ball State Cardinals at Georgia (SECN)
- Sat Sep 9 : Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Kentucky (SECN+)
- Sat Sep 9 : Ole Miss at Tulane Green Wave (ESPN2)
- Sat Sep 9 : Texas A&M Miami (FL) Hurricanes (ABC)
- Sat Sep 9 : Kent State Golden Flashes at Arkansas (SECN)
- Sat Sep 9 : Austin Peay Governors at Tennessee (SECN+)
- Sat Sep 9 : Texas at Alabama (ESPN)
- Sat Sep 9 : Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders at Missouri
- Sat Sep 9 : McNeese Cowboys at Florida
- Sat Sep 9 : Grambling State Tigers at LSU (SECN+/ESPN+)
- Sat Sep 9 : Arizona Wildcats at Mississippi State (SECN)
- Sat Sep 9 : Furman Paladins at South Carolina (SECN+)
- Sat Sep 9 : Auburn at California Golden Bears (ESPN)
- Sat Sep 16 : LSU Tigers at Mississippi State (ESPN)
- Sat Sep 16 : Kansas State Wildcats at Missouri
- Sat Sep 16 : Alabama at South Florida (ABC)
- Sat Sep 16 : South Carolina Gamecock at Georgia (CBS)
- Sat Sep 16 : ULM Warhawks at Texas A&M (SECN)
- Sat Sep 16 : Samford Bulldogs at Auburn (SECN+/ESPN+)
- Sat Sep 16 : Tennessee at Florida Gators (ESPN)
- Sat Sep 16 : Vanderbilt at UNLV Rebels (CBSSN)
- Sat Sep 16 : BYU Cougars at Arkansas (ESPN2)
- Sat Sep 16 : Akron Zips at Kentucky (ESPNU)
- Sat Sep 16 : Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Ole Miss (SECN)
- Sat Sep 23 : Charlotte 49ers at Florida
- Sat Sep 23 TBD: Arkansas at LSU Tigers
- Sat Sep 23 TBD: Auburn at Texas A&M Aggies
- Sat Sep 23 TBD: UAB Blazers at Georgia
- Sat Sep 23 TBD: Mississippi State at South Carolina Gamecocks
- Sat Sep 23 TBD: Memphis Tigers at Missouri
- Sat Sep 23 TBD: Ole Miss at Alabama Crimson Tide
- Sat Sep 23 TBD: UTSA Roadrunners at Tennessee
- Sat Sep 23 TBD: Kentucky Wildcats at Vanderbilt
- Sat Sep 30 TBD: Florida at Kentucky Wildcats
- Sat Sep 30 TBD: Georgia at Auburn Tigers
- Sat Sep 30 TBD: LSU at Ole Miss Rebels
- Sat Sep 30 TBD: Alabama Crimson Tide at Mississippi State
- Sat Sep 30 TBD: South Carolina Gamecocks at Tennessee
- Sat Sep 30 TBD: Arkansas Razorbacks at Texas A&M
- Sat Sep 30 TBD: Missouri Tigers at Vanderbilt
Apart from the games on CBS, Sling Orange is your choice for watching SEC football. If you want the CBS games too, sign up for Paramount+ or just set up a digital antenna!
Try out Sling TV with a 50% discount your first month!
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022