Note: TVG is now FanDuel and TVG 2 is FanDuel Racing. Otherwise, it’s all the same. FuboTV is the only service to upgraded the name at this time but it’s all the same!
If you love horse racing — especially if you like to place the occasional bet — TVG is an essential channel. And cord-cutters are in luck because you don’t need a cable subscription to watch.
In a hurry? A few of the biggest streaming services allow you to watch TVG. These are our top picks:
- FuboTV: This is the only service to offer it in its base plan, which features over 110 sports-heavy channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get TVG with its Choice plan including its best-in-industry RSN collection. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: Offers an outstanding overall entertainment service, which you can supplement with the Sports add-on featuring TVG and TVG2.
Table Of Contents
At this very moment, there’s a good chance that at least one horse or dog racing track is open for business in some part of the world. If you have access to the Television Games Network (TVG), you can watch and even place a bet at these tracks without having to leave home.
With convenient funding methods, bet sizes, and bet types, you can make legal wagers in a responsible and educated fashion from any place that has an internet connection.
What Is TVG?
TVG is owned by the FanDuel Group and is headquartered in Oregon. The FanDuel Group operates one of the largest fantasy sports platforms in the world, and if you have a FanDuel account, you can use it to bet on a number of sporting events in addition to horse racing such as baseball, football, and hockey games.
This network was originally founded in 1999 by the owners of the TV Guide Network, which was also known as TVG. That entity is now known as Pop TV and is not affiliated with the gambling industry in any way.
Over the next two decades, TVG would have several owners such as Macrovision and Betfair that took steps to help make the company into what it is today. FanDuel acquired the firm in Jul 2018 in an effort to gain market share after US states began legalized sports betting.
TVG has a variety of shows that are aimed at multiple segments of its audience. For instance, some of the shows are geared toward audiences who know little about horse racing and want to learn more about it.
There are also programs that offer an in-depth look at the world of horse racing. And there are shows that offer live betting odds and additional insight designed to help viewers make informed wagers.
If you like to watch live racing, you will likely want to check out Race Night on Monday through Thursday nights. TVG offers live coverage from more than 100 tracks throughout the United States and other countries such as Japan, Saudi Arabia, and Sweden.
Horseracing All Access should be considered mandatory viewing if you are looking to get an inside view of the world of horse racing. Each weekday morning, the folks at The Morning Line will provide you with weather reports, injury updates, and other information from tracks around the country.
Finally, you may want to tune into The Barstool Sports Advisors on Sunday mornings if you are a fan of witty banter and irreverent humor. This program is hosted by some of the most interesting personalities from Barstool Sports such as Dave Portnoy and Dan Katz.
TVG offers live and encore coverage of multiple key racing events such as the Travers Stakes and the Melbourne Cup. You can also watch replays of most races that take place at any track that is affiliated with TVG. Coverage of these events is provided by a number of quality commentators such as Tom Amoss, Peter Lurie, and Donna Barton Brothers.
You will also be able to watch show jumping, rodeo, and other events that involve horses or other large animals.
TVG2 is a digital cable channel that is also sometimes referred to as HRTV. This network used to be TVG’s main competitor before it was purchased by Betfair.
Today, TVG2 is used to provide additional coverage of live races and other events. It also features a number of documentaries and original programming that you won’t necessarily find on TVG.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Getting TVG Directly
You can get a subscription to TVG directly. It is reasonably priced at $9.99/mo. There is no yearly price.
Your subscription allows you access to the company’s app, which can be used to watch races, make wagers, and perform other tasks from wherever you happen to be. In most cases, you’ll be able to use your FanDuel account to fund your wagers and transfer winnings to your bank account.
Getting TVG With Live TV
Most of the major streaming services offer TVG. The major exceptions are Sling TV and Philo. All of those that do are full-cable replacement services. Their base plans come with all your local channels (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, and Telemundo).
And they all provide the basic live sports channels ESPN, ESPN2, and FS1. They all also offer TVG but only the first two offer TVG2:
- FuboTV: For $69.99/mo, it comes with 110+ TV channels with broad appeal even while they offer a ton of sports. TVG is in this base plan. To get TVG2, you need to get the Sports Plus add-on for $10.99/mo. It also comes with NFL RedZone, MLB Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, and 22 other channels. The plan comes with 750 hours of cloud DVR and streaming on up to 10 devices. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV): To get TVG, you need the Choice plan for $89.99/mo. But this comes with quite a lot. In all, you get roughly 100 channels. And this includes the best selection of regional sports networks in the industry. You also get unlimited cloud DVR storage and the ability to stream on up to 20 devices at once. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: This is probably the best overall entertainment service with 85+ live TV channels, an outstanding on-demand library, Disney+, and ESPN+ for $69.99/mo. If you get the Sports add-on for $9.99/mo extra, it includes TVG and TVG2. The base plan comes with unlimited cloud DVR (9 months storage) and streaming on up to two devices at the same time. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: Offers a similar plan to Hulu + Live TV without most of the extras but costing a bit less, $64.99/mo. TVG (but not TVG2) comes with the Sports Plus add-on for an additional $10.99/mo.
Note that TVG does not support TV Everywhere. So you can’t use any of these streaming services to log into the TVG app. If you want to use the TVG app, you must sign-up specifically with TVG or its partners.
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Streaming Devices for TVG
With the standalone subscription to TVG, you are somewhat limited in terms of streaming devices. You can use Android and iOS mobile devices, TV devices, and web browsers. But they do not support any smart TVs or gaming consoles.
All the live TV streaming services support the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile devices
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Samsung smart TVs
- Web browsers.
Additionally, both Hulu + Live TV and FuboTV support these devices:
- Android TV devices
- LG smart TVs
- VIZIO smartcast TVs
- Xbox One.
Finally, Hulu + Live TV supports the gaming systems PlayStation and Nintendo Switch.
But there’s more! See our live TV streaming reviews for complete lists.
If you enjoy watching content involving horses, greyhounds, or other large animals, you will likely want to subscribe to TVG. This is even more true if you enjoy making wagers on races or other events.
As a general rule, it may be easier to make full use of what this channel offers by creating a FanDuel account and getting a full TVG subscription. But there are many advantages to including it with your regular TV package.
The easiest way to gain access to TVG is to sign-up with FuboTV.
Alternative Sports Channels
These guides show you how to watch other channels that show a significant amount of sports:
- ACC Network
- Altitude Sports
- AT&T SN Pitts
- AT&T SN RM
- AT&T SN SW
- Bally Arizona
- Bally Detroit
- Bally Florida
- Bally Great Lakes
- Bally Indiana
- Bally Kansas City
- Bally Midwest
- Bally New Orleans
- Bally North
- Bally Ohio
- Bally Oklahoma
- Bally San Diego
- Bally SoCal
- Bally South
- Bally Southeast
- Bally Southwest
- Bally Sun
- Bally West
- Bally Wisconsin
- beIN Sports
- Big Ten
Ditch “Big Cable” Now — 3 Simple Steps to Cutting the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, gain control, and enjoy TV more!