If you’re here looking for information on how to watch the Cure Bowl online without cable, you’ll want to keep reading because you’re in the right place! This year UTSA and Troy will be going against each other on Friday, December 16, 2022 at Exploria Stadium.
In a hurry? All of the streaming services discussed below offer ESPN, two of them you can try for free:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
We’ve got plenty of details you’ll need in the following sections. The main details you’ll find are when and where you can watch the Cure Bowl live stream.
If you don’t have cable, you’ll learn all you need to choose an available streaming service and get set up before the game!
UTSA Roadrunners vs Troy Trojans
The Cure Bowl is an intriguing matchup this year, featuring an impressive pair of teams, the conference champions UTSA and Troy. UTSA is in San Antonio and is the Conference USA champion this year. That conference has teams predominantly composed of unheralded players, such as two-stars and players only a college coach will have heard of recruiting. That means there will be situations where a player may drop the ball with their performance, but UTSA has fought hard all year to be elite at this level of the sport.
Troy is from Alabama and the Sun Belt, and that conference comprises the lowest-end recruits to play at the FBS level. Still, they were an elite team this year, so expect them to perform well. UTSA and Troy are #22 and #23, respectively, in the NCAA rankings. Overall, this game should still feature hard-hitting football of the highest quality.
An excellent rule of thumb to analyze bowl games is to compare the two teams’ records and subtract a win when comparing large, power-five schools to lesser competition. It makes sense to grade the teams a half-win apart because of their conference affiliation.
This year, UTSA finished 11-2, as did Troy. To apply the formula, UTSA should win the game. When using words like ‘should win,’ usually, that grades out to six of ten times in college football. So, UTSA should win six of ten versus Troy.
Key players in this year’s Cure Bowl include UTSA’s quarterback, Frank Harris, who passed for 3,865 yards this season, along with 31 touchdowns to seven interceptions. He has an offhand chance to go pro, and the senior leaves the Roadrunners in capable hands.
Troy features average college quarterback play, but the player to watch is tailback Kimani Vidal, who has rushed for 1,059 yards and nine touchdowns. That means he is an all-conference capable back that needs a year or two of development but has the potential to wind up in the NFL.
The critical element to the game will be the vaunted Roadrunner offense against the tough Troy D.
Cure Bowl Schedule
The Cure Bowl is played at the Exploria Stadium in Orlando on the first day of bowl games:
- Date: Dec 16, 2022
- Kickoff Time:
- Channel: ESPN
- Teams: UTSA (12) vs Troy (18)
- Last Year’s Results: Northern Illinois (41) vs Coastal Carolina (47)
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
How to Watch the Cure Bowl Streaming Without Cable
If you want to watch the Cure Bowl live stream, we recommend using FuboTV or SlingTV. Of course, there are other services available. You’ll find out about each available option so that you can choose the right way to watch the Cure Bowl online for you.
There are many reasons to consider streaming live TV. For one, it’s cheaper than cable. The packages are often similar, and in some cases, there are more features. You can also stream live TV from anywhere you have an internet connection.
No matter what package you choose, your package should come in considerably cheaper than the average cable package. Most streaming packages start at around $50 per month, though there are some cheaper and others more expensive.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be ready to connect to your streaming device. Device options will vary but could include Chromecast, Apple TV, mobile devices, Roku, computers, and other devices.
Watch the Cure Bowl Live Stream with FuboTV
FuboTV features over 120 channels and ESPN is one of them. You’ll pay $74.99/mo, but the first week is free to try. This is a great package for sports fans, with over 35 sports channels included.
Check out more on FuboTV:
- Over 120 channels are included
- 3-day replay is included as part of the on-demand library
- You can also save content to a cloud-DVR of 1000 hours
- Watch the Cure Bowl on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, and more
You can sign up for the trial. Our FuboTV review should be able to answer any questions that you have about this streaming service.
Watch the Cure Bowl Online on Sling TV
ESPN is included in Sling TV’s Orange plan for just $40.00/mo. It is pretty much customisable with the ability to add at least 10 other sports networks.
More information on Sling TV:
- Sling Orange plan offers ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN3
- The plan costs $40.00/mo
- Limited on demand library
- 50 hours of cloud DVR
- You can watch Sling TV channels on Apple and Android devices, Smart TVs, OCulus, and much more
- Sling TV Viewer’s Guide
Read this Sling TV review to learn more.
Watch the Cure Bowl Online on DIRECTV STREAM
Get ESPN on DIRECTV STREAM with the base package for $74.99/mo. This plan also includes 75+ channels. For $20 extra you can get many regional sports networks.
DIRECTV STREAM features:
- Base plan is $74.99/mo
- Over 75+ live channels
- ESPN is included in the base package
- Unlimited cloud DVR and watching on unlimited devices
- Watch on Apple TV, Samsung smart TVs, Android and iOS phones, Chromecast, Web browsers, etc.
Check out this DIRECTV STREAM review for more.
Watch the Cure Bowl Online on Hulu Live
Hulu with Live TV offers ESPN and 85+ other live channels starting at $69.99/mo. In addition to live content, Hulu Live also features an on-demand library filled with thousands of hours of content.
Here are more Hulu Live highlights:
- Watch 85+ channels including ESPN
- Hulu on-demand is also included
- Unlimited cloud-DVR is included with 9 month storage
- You can watch on Chromecast, Apple TV, mobile devices, Roku, etc.
Make sure to look at our Hulu with Live TV review if you have any questions.
Remember, there are no contracts, so you can cancel at any time.
Superpower Your Sports Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
i Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.
Other Ways to Watch the Cure Bowl Online
There is one more available streaming service if you’re looking for a final way to watch the Cure Bowl online without cable. The other service you can use is:
- Vidgo — A bit more expensive but with all the NCAA conference channels. Read our Vidgo review has more info.
- YouTube TV – Service starts at $72.99/mo and includes 100+ channels.
There are dozens of College Football Bowl Games and Playoffs in the coming days and we have details about all of them! If you have any questions, feel free to add them to the comments!
What are the results of past Cure Bowls?
Last year’s Cure Bowl was between the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers and the MAC champions, the Northern Illinois Huskies. The Chanticleers, led by Sun Belt Player of the Year Grayson McCall, won 47 to 41. The first-ever Cure Bowl was played waaaaaaay back in 2015, in which San Jose Stage defeated Georgia State 27-16.
How can I stream other bowl games?
Here is this year’s guide to watching the bowl games, including the National Championship Game on January 9:
- Fri Dec 16 : Bahamas Bowl — Miami (Ohio) vs University of Alabama at Birmingham (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 16 : Cure Bowl — UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Fenway Bowl — Cincinnati vs Louisville (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Cricket Celebration Bowl — Jackson State vs NC Central (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : Las Vegas Bowl — Florida vs Oregon State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LA Bowl — Washington State vs Fresno State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LendingTree Bowl — Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : New Mexico Bowl — SMU vs BYU (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Frisco Bowl — North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 19 : Myrtle Beach Bowl — Marshall vs UConn (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Famous Idaho Potato Bowl — Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Boca Raton Bowl — Liberty vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 21 : New Orleans Bowl — Western Kentucky vs South Alabama (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 22 : Armed Forces Bowl — Baylor vs Air Force (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Independence Bowl — Louisiana vs Houston (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Gasparilla Bowl — Wake Forest vs Missouri (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 24 : Hawaii Bowl — Middle Tennessee vs San Diego State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 26 : Quick Lane Bowl — New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Camellia Bowl — Georgia Southern vs Buffalo (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : First Responder Bowl — Memphis vs Utah State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Birmingham Bowl — Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Guaranteed Rate Bowl — Wisconsin vs Oklahoma State (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Military Bowl — UCF vs Duke (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Liberty Bowl — Kansas vs Arkansas (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Holiday Bowl — Oregon vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Texas Bowl — Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs Minnesota (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Cheez-It Bowl — Oklahoma vs Florida State (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Alamo Bowl — Texas vs Washington (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Duke’s Mayo Bowl — Maryland vs NC State (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Sun Bowl — Pittsburgh vs UCLA (CBS)
- Fri Dec 30 : Gator Bowl — Notre Dame vs South Carolina (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Arizona Bowl — Ohio vs Wyoming (Barstool Sports)
- Fri Dec 30 : Orange Bowl — Tennessee vs Clemson (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Music City Bowl — Iowa vs Kentucky (ABC)
- Sat Dec 31 : Sugar Bowl — Alabama vs Kansas State (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Fiesta Bowl — TCU vs Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Peach Bowl — Ohio State vs Georgia (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : ReliaQuest Bowl — Mississippi State vs Illinois (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 2 : Cotton Bowl — Tulane vs USC (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : Citrus Bowl — LSU vs Purdue (ABC)
- Mon Jan 2 : Rose Bowl — Penn State vs Utah (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 9 : National Championship — TCU vs Georgia (Fox)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Added FAQ section. Added new section. Added sub-section. Cross linking. Formatting. Reworded some things. Removed section.
Added new section. Added info about guide. Various content updates.
Added links to streaming services. Added some links. Mentioned offers. Changed a few bits of content.
Added buttons for streaming services. Reworded some things.
Added buttons for streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Pricing updates. Image changes.
Added a few links. Changed a few bits of content.
Pricing updates. Image changes. Added some more links.
Updated one section. Reworked one section.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022