Don’t miss the Los Angeles Rams at the Los Angeles Chargers this Sunday at (EDT). See our Viewer’s Guide!
Sunday Night Football is one of three weekly branded primetime NFL games along with Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football. It airs each week on NBC so you don’t need cable to watch. Read on to find out how!
In a hurry? If you just want to enjoy the NFL season including Sunday Night Football, these TV providers will give you everything you need:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on Sling TV now.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
For National Football League fans, Sundays are sacred. And the day culminates with Sunday Night Football. Unlike the other games airing that day in their own markets, Sunday Night Football puts two teams on the national stage. So fans naturally want access.
Thanks to live streaming services like Fubo (free for 7 days) and DIRECTV STREAM, it’s easy to watch Sunday Night Football without cable. Let’s take a closer look.
Watch Sunday Night Football: At a Glance
All Sunday Night Football matchups air on NBC. This means that in most areas in the United States, you can watch for free by setting up an antenna.
If that’s not a viable option for you, NBC is widely available on streaming services. We recommend Fubo or DIRECTV STREAM, which offer it pretty much everywhere. But you have other options that we discuss below.
Since they’re streaming-only services, you won’t need a cable subscription, just the ability to connect to the internet.
Find out how to watch more than the local and primetime games in our NFL Out-of-Market Guide.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Live Streaming Services for Sunday Night Football
All the following streaming services offer your local NBC affiliate and much more:
- Fubo: Gives you everything you need to enjoy the entire NFL season including CBS, Fox, ESPN, and NFL Network in its 120+ channel lineup for $74.99/mo. You also get 1,000 hours of cloud DVR storage and simultaneous streaming on up to 10 devices at home and 2 away. (Fubo review)
- Sling TV: The Sling Blue plan gives you NBC and Fox along with 40+ other channels for just $40.00/mo. And you can add most other channels for a fee. It includes 50 hours of cloud DVR and streaming on up to three devices. (Sling TV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: This full-cable replacement service gives you all you need in its base plan for $74.99/mo. And it provides pretty much every channel you can think of as an option. Its one downside is that it does not currently offer NFL Network. All plans come with unlimited cloud DVR and streaming on unlimited at once at home. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Get 85+ live TV channels along with Disney+ and ESPN+. Subscribers can also take advantage of unlimited cloud DVR and simultaneous streaming on up to two devices. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: This service provides all the channels you need for the NFL season for $72.99/mo.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Sunday Night Football will also live stream on Peacock. However, you will need to sign up for the Peacock Premium service for $4.99/mo. See our Peacock review for complete details.
Sign Up for Peacock Premium for $4.99/mo!
If you don’t mind watching on a mobile device (phone or tablet), NFL+ is a good deal. For $4.99/mo, you get to live stream all your local Sunday afternoon games. And you also get to live stream all the primetime games — Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and Thursday Night Football.
You can even watch on-demand replays (if you can’t catch the game live, or you just want to see it again). Our NFL+ review has all the details.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our deals page on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices to Live Stream Sunday Night Football
All the live TV streaming services we’ve discussed above as well as Peacock support the vast majority of streaming devices in use today. These include the following:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Android TV smart TVs
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- LG smart TVs
- Samsung smart TVs
- VIZIO smart TVs
- Web Browsers
- Xbox One gaming systems.
Note that DIRECTV STREAM does not support Android TV, LG, VIZIO, and Xbox. Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, and Peacock also support PlayStation units.
About Sunday Night Football
Sunday Night Football is NBC Sports’s NFL brand. It mostly features all the Sunday night games of the regular season. But it also features preseason and post-season games as well as some Thursday night regular season matchups.
The first Sunday Night Football game aired in 2006 with the Hall of Fame game. This is the first (preseason) game each year. It is always a Sunday Night Football game except for years when there are scheduling conflicts (normally because of NBC’s coverage of the Olympics or other live sports).
In addition to airing all of the Sunday night games, NBC also airs two Thursday night games: the first of the season and the Thanksgiving game. This will be the case for at least the next few years.
Sunday Night Football features Mike Tirico doing the play-by-play announcing — taking over from Al Michaels, who has moved to Thursday Night Football.
Doing analysis with him is former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth. Rounding out the group is Melissa Stark who does sideline reporting.
Sunday Night Football Schedule
This season, two of the NBC Sunday Night Football games will actually air on Thursday: Sep 8th (Bills @ Rams) and Nov 24th (Patriots @ Vikings). That’s the season opener and one of the Thanksgiving games.
Here are all the SNF matchups. All the games air on NBC with a start time of and kickoff at (all times Eastern).
- September 11: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (19) @ Dallas Cowboys (3)
- September 18: Chicago Bears (10) @ Green Bay Packers (27)
- September 25: San Francisco 49ers (10) @ Denver Broncos (11)
- October 2: Kansas City Chiefs (41) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (31)
- October 9: Cincinnati Bengals (17) @ Baltimore Ravens (19)
- October 16: Dallas Cowboys (17) @ Philadelphia Eagles (26)
- October 23: Pittsburgh Steelers (10) @ Miami Dolphins (16)
- October 30: Green Bay Packers (17) @ Buffalo Bills (27)
- November 6: Tennessee Titans (17) @ Kansas City Chiefs (20)
- November 13: Los Angeles Chargers (16) @ San Francisco 49ers (22)
- November 20: Cincinnati Bengals (37) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (30)
- November 27: Green Bay Packers (33) @ Philadelphia Eagles (40)
- December 4: Indianapolis Colts (19) @ Dallas Cowboys (54)
- December 11: Kansas City Chiefs (34) @ Denver Broncos (28)
- December 18: New England Patriots (24) @ Las Vegas Raiders (30)
- December 25: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (19) @ Arizona Cardinals (16)
- January 1: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens
- January 8: TBD
You can watch Sunday Night Football without cable using any of these services.
Have any other questions about how to watch Sunday Night Football online without cable or satellite? Just comment below for help!
How do I watch NFL games this season when it’s not Sunday?
One nice thing about NFL is that the season is well structured. Most weeks, the schedule is as follows:
- Thursday Night Football: Amazon Prime Video with kickoff at
- Sunday “Mornings”: CBS and Fox with kickoff at
- Sunday Afternoons: CBS and Fox with kickoff at
- Sunday Night Football: NBC with kickoff at
- Monday Night Football: ESPN and/or ABC with kickoff at .
Note that CBS live games are simulcast on Paramount+, Fox live games are simulcast on the Fox Sports app, and ESPN/ABC live games are sometimes simulcast on ESPN+.
Will Sunday Night Football air playoff games?
This year, one of the wild card games will be featured on Sunday Night Football. There will, however be other playoff games that NBC will air. They will feature a divisional playoff matchup on Sunday, January 22nd at . They will not be airing the conference finals or Super Bowl this year.
Will Sunday Night Football air any preseason games?
Sunday Night Football airs only one preseason matchup: the Hall of Fame game Jaguars at Raiders game Thursday, August 4th at . Otherwise, the schedule is limited to 17 Sunday night and 2 Thursday night regular season games and one post-season wild card game.
Can I watch Sunday Night Football on NFL Redzone?
No, NFL Redzone is limited to Sunday afternoon games (the “early” one around 1 pm and the “later” one around 4-ish). It shows “whip-around” coverage of all most exciting bits of all the games going on any given Sunday afternoon. It does not show entire games, and it does not cover the Sunday night game (which is almost exclusively NBC).
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
How can I watch Sunday football for free?
You can watch free football all day long on Sunday with just an antenna, which costs less than $50. Sunday afternoon games are on Fox and CBS, and Sunday night games are on NBC — all three of those are “OTA” over-the-air, sometimes also called free-to-air. Anyone with the means to pick them up can watch for free.
If you’re interested in watching more than just broadcast channels, you should take a look at Sling TV — prepay one month ($40.00/mo) and you can get a free antenna from them.
Where can I live stream Sunday Night Football?
Sunday Night Football appears exclusively on NBC. If you’d rather stream it than pick it up on antenna, you can do so through one of the fine live streaming services mentioned above. Another option would be to subscribe to Peacock Premium, NBCUniversal’s streaming service, which live streams all of NBC’s live sports.
Or, if you want to watch on your phone or tablet, you can sign up for NFL+, which gives you mobile access to all the nationally televised and local (to you) games.
How can I live stream NFL games without cable?
Streaming every single NFL game is near impossible, with or without cable. This is because the only way to watch out-of-market Sunday afternoon games from the US is with NFL Sunday Ticket, which is currently exclusive to DirecTV Satellite customers. See our out of market NFL guide.
What is the NFL Sunday Night Football schedule?
It’s an exciting one! The first Sunday night game will be 9/11, and the last (of the regular season) will be January 1. Check it out in the article above.
How do I watch the games of specific NFL teams?
We’ve created viewer’s guides for all of the NFL teams:
More Info on NFL Without Cable
If you still have questions, these resources should help:
- NFL Honors
- NFL Combine
- NFL Draft
- NFL Preseason
- NFL Regular Season
- Thursday Night Football
- Sunday Night Football
- Monday Night Football
- NFL Playoffs
- Super Bowl
- Out-of-Market NFL Games
- NFL in Canada.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some sub-sections. Updated some section headings. Added some more links.
Misc changes. Reformatting.
Linking. Small layout changes.
Updated some sub-sections. Added some links. Misc content updates.
Added new section. Updated some sub-sections. Updates to a section. Changed some content in main section. Removed section.
Added some links. Reformatting. Misc changes to content.
Added buttons for streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. More links. Misc changes to content.
Added new section. Added sub-section. Added info about guide. Reworked one section. Updated one section. Changed some content in main section. Cleaned up list.
Pricing updates. Put related links. Changed a few bits of content.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022