We admit it: Alabama’s trouncing of Cincinnati in last year’s Cotton Bowl was not the greatest game. But it did set up an amazing championship game. And we expect next year’s game to be more competitive. This year the catch will be Tulane vs USC and it will take place on January 2, at AT&T Stadium (Arlington, TX).
When the end of the year comes, the Cotton Bowl comes along with it. This year the event is called the Goodyear Cotton Bowl, sponsored by Goodyear. And you don’t need cable to watch it!
In a hurry? Here are three services that have the one necessary channel you need to watch Cotton Bowl 2022:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 120+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The Cotton Bowl is always an exciting game, with top-ranked teams like 2020’s #8 Oklahoma’s defeat of #10 Florida. But what if you don’t have cable? Can you watch the Cotton Bowl online without cable TV with a service like FuboTV?
You sure can! Catch all the touchdowns live at this year’s semifinal bowl season. You can watch the Cotton Bowl online in several different ways, which we’ll explain in the guide below.
Cotton Bowl Schedule/Results
When is the Cotton Bowl, and what channel will air the action?
- Date: Jan 2, 2023
- Channel: ESPN
- Teams: Tulane (46) vs USC (45)
- Last Year’s Results: Alabama (27) vs Cincinnati (6)
Note that the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl are the two College Football Playoff games. The 2022 Cotton Bowl Classic is sure to be an exciting game. You won’t want to miss this one!
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Tulane vs USC
Whether you’re a fan of plucky upstarts or you relish rooting for college football royalty, the 2022 Cotton Bowl Classic is sure to be must-see TV. As Tulane pushes to finish out a season for the ages, can the Green Wave hold their own against talent-laden Southern Cal?
A Most Unexpected Matchup
The Cotton Bowl battle between USC and Tulane undoubtedly comes as a surprise to both programs — though for decidedly different reasons. Coming off a dreadful two-win campaign in 2021, Tulane was hardly a popular pick to crash one of this year’s New Year’s Six bowls. Nonetheless, the Green Wave reeled off 11 wins in 13 games, including a convincing victory over top-25 UCF in the AAC Championship Game. Improbable as it was, the run earned Tulane its first trip to a major bowl since 1940.
In Southern California, the resurgent Trojans had seemed destined for championship contention under new coach Lincoln Riley and quarterback transfer Caleb Williams. Instead, a pair of losses to conference rival Utah sent USC tumbling out of the playoff picture entirely. A Cotton Bowl berth is no small consolation prize, but it marks a disappointing finale for the Men of Troy.
Team Versus Talent
Although Tulane certainly owes a share of its recent success to standout running back Tyjae Spears, it’s ultimately all about teamwork for the Green Wave. Nearly all of the team’s starters are returning veterans, bringing leadership and experience to both sides of the ball. The defense is particularly formidable, with linebacker Dorian Williams leading a unit that finished 11th in the country in scoring.
Conversely, the USC roster is once again loaded with star talent at multiple positions. Heisman winner Caleb Williams deservedly receives much of the hype, but players like Austin Jones and Jordan Addison can create plenty of havoc as well. So, too, can dominant defensive lineman Tuli Tuipulotu.
The Bottom Line
In the end, this intriguing matchup may come down to injuries and absences. With several key players banged up or looking ahead to the draft, including superstar passer Caleb Williams, USC may find itself with less of a talent advantage than expected. These losses might just provide the opening Tulane needs to finish its Cinderella season, but we’ll have to tune into the 2022 Cotton Bowl to find out.
How to Watch the Cotton Bowl Without Cable TV
These services are essentially alternatives to cable TV that offer a similar package of channels. The benefits, when compared to cable, are lower prices, increased flexibility, and ease of use. They are also non-contract, so you can cancel at any time.
To use one of these services, you will just need a subscription ($40-$69.99 per month, depending on the package), an internet connection, and a compatible device. You can use streaming players like Apple TV, Roku, a computer, smartphone, and several others.
Find out more about these services below.
Stream the Cotton Bowl Live on FuboTV
- Free trial available, followed by $74.99/mo
- 120+ channels available of which 35+ feature sports
- No contract, cancel any time
- Enjoy the Cotton Bowl live stream as it airs on ESPN
- Local channels: CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox
- Football channels including NFL Network, ESPN, Pac 12 Network, Sec Network, FS1 & FS2, and more
- Cloud DVR included
- Stream on 10 devices simultaneously for any plan you choose
Watch the Cotton Bowl Without Cable on Sling TV
Sling TV is another great option. It’s a perfect choice for folks on a budget, as it starts at just $40.00/mo. This makes it one of the most affordable ways to watch live TV. Here’s the rundown:
- Plans from $40.00/mo
- No contract or commitment
- ESPN included in Sling Orange, along with 30+ other channels
- Great way to watch college football without cable
- Works on all your favorite devices
If you’re more of a hands-on learner, sign up to get started! Save 50% With Sling TV.
Cotton Bowl Online Streaming on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM starts from $74.99/mo, and you get over 75 channels. For $99.99/mo (Choice Plan), get dozens of regional sports networks and 100+ channels.
Here are additional features:
- ESPN and ESPN2 are included in the base package
- The base package is $74.99/mo
- You can get ESPNU and ESPNews from the Choice package ($99.99/mo)
- You can watch all college football matches including the bowl games with DIRECTV STREAM
- Unlimited cloud DVR (online sign-up only)
- Watch live on Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, select Smart TVs, mobile devices, computers, etc
Read our DIRECTV STREAM review to learn more.
Watch the Cotton Bowl Online With Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV presents a great way to watch the Cotton Bowl without cable. In fact, it’s a great way to watch all the bowl games and all your favorite TV programming. Plus you also get ESPN+ and Disney+!
Here are the basics:
- Pay $69.99/mo with no contract/commitment
- Get ESPN and 85+ other great channels to stream live
- ESPN+ and Disney+ included!
- Unlimited cloud DVR (9 month storage)
- Watch ESPN and ABC games
- Watch live TV on Roku, Apple TV, computers, mobile devices, and more
- In addition to live TV, enjoy endless on-demand entertainment
You can find the full scoop in our Hulu + Live TV review. Try one month for $69.99.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Other Options to Watch Cotton Bowl Online
FuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, Hulu Live TV, and Sling TV are our top recommendations for Cotton Bowl streaming, but they aren’t the only options. Some other similar services that offer the Cotton Bowl live stream include:
- Vidgo: $59.95/mo for 110+ channels including all the NCAA conference networks. See our Vidgo review.
- YouTube TV: $64.99/mo for over 100 channels.
That’s all you need to know to watch Cotton Bowl without cable TV!
Now, just kick back and enjoy the game! If you’re curious about other games, check out our guide on how to watch college bowl games.
How can I stream more bowl games online without cable?
Here is a comprehensive guide to watching the bowl games:
- Fri Dec 16 : Bahamas Bowl — Miami (Ohio) vs University of Alabama at Birmingham (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 16 : Cure Bowl — UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Fenway Bowl — Cincinnati vs Louisville (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Cricket Celebration Bowl — Jackson State vs NC Central (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : Las Vegas Bowl — Florida vs Oregon State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LA Bowl — Washington State vs Fresno State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LendingTree Bowl — Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : New Mexico Bowl — SMU vs BYU (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Frisco Bowl — North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 19 : Myrtle Beach Bowl — Marshall vs UConn (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Famous Idaho Potato Bowl — Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Boca Raton Bowl — Liberty vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 21 : New Orleans Bowl — Western Kentucky vs South Alabama (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 22 : Armed Forces Bowl — Baylor vs Air Force (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Independence Bowl — Louisiana vs Houston (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Gasparilla Bowl — Wake Forest vs Missouri (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 24 : Hawaii Bowl — Middle Tennessee vs San Diego State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 26 : Quick Lane Bowl — New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Camellia Bowl — Georgia Southern vs Buffalo (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : First Responder Bowl — Memphis vs Utah State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Birmingham Bowl — Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Guaranteed Rate Bowl — Wisconsin vs Oklahoma State (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Military Bowl — UCF vs Duke (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Liberty Bowl — Kansas vs Arkansas (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Holiday Bowl — Oregon vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Texas Bowl — Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs Minnesota (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Cheez-It Bowl — Oklahoma vs Florida State (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Alamo Bowl — Texas vs Washington (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Duke’s Mayo Bowl — Maryland vs NC State (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Sun Bowl — Pittsburgh vs UCLA (CBS)
- Fri Dec 30 : Gator Bowl — Notre Dame vs South Carolina (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Arizona Bowl — Ohio vs Wyoming (Barstool Sports)
- Fri Dec 30 : Orange Bowl — Tennessee vs Clemson (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Music City Bowl — Iowa vs Kentucky (ABC)
- Sat Dec 31 : Sugar Bowl — Alabama vs Kansas State (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Fiesta Bowl — TCU vs Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Peach Bowl — Ohio State vs Georgia (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : ReliaQuest Bowl — Mississippi State vs Illinois (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 2 : Cotton Bowl — Tulane vs USC (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : Citrus Bowl — LSU vs Purdue (ABC)
- Mon Jan 2 : Rose Bowl — Penn State vs Utah (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 9 : National Championship — TCU vs Georgia (Fox)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022