This year, there are a few games being added to Bowl Season. One of them is the Wasabi Fenway Bowl, which airs on Saturday, December 17, 2022 at (EST). It pits the Louisville Cardinals against the Cincinnati Bearcats. And you can watch it live without cable.
In a hurry? The Fenway Bowl will air on ESPN, which is available in the base plan of all these streaming services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The days when you needed cable to watch “cable” channels are gone. First, this was the case with satellite TV, but it didn’t much matter since these services acted pretty much the same as cable companies. But for about a decade now, you can stream these channels for reasonable prices and without any long-term contracts.
Since the Fenway Bowl airs on ESPN, there are a lot of streaming services to choose from. We’ll discuss all your options below.
Louisville Cardinals vs Cincinnati Bearcats
The inaugural Fenway Bowl will take place on Saturday, December 17 at between the Louisville Cardinals and the Cincinnati Bearcats. This will be the first-ever college football bowl game played under the Green Monster at Fenway Park in Boston, one of the most famous and popular baseball stadiums in America.
While most bowl games pit two teams with little history against each other and hope for interesting storylines and a good game, this year’s Fenway Bowl does not. In fact, this will be the 54th meeting between two bitter rivals in a matchup that first took place almost a century ago in 1929.
The two schools, only about 80 miles apart, played for the “Keg of Nails” trophy every year before conference realignment broke up the rivalry. Cincinnati leads the series 30-22-1 though Louisville won the last two matchups.
Cincinnati, a current member of the American Athletic Conference (AAC), enters the game at 9-3 and was ranked as high as #20 in the AP Poll. Their middle linebacker, Ivan Pace Jr, was voted AAC defensive player of the year and may just be the best player on the field. Cincinnati will make the jump to the Big 12 conference next year, but they enter the Fenway Bowl with an interim coach after former Head Coach Luke Fickell left for Wisconsin.
Louisville, a member of the Power 5 ACC, comes into the matchup with a 7-5 record including wins in their last five games. Their defense finished second in the nation in sacks and third in the nation in turnovers. The bottom line is that the Fenway Bowl is shaping up to be a hard-fought defensive matchup.
Fenway Bowl Schedule
Here is all the information that you need to watch the Fenway Bowl:
- Date: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Channel: ESPN
- Teams: Louisville Cardinals (24) vs Cincinnati Bearcats (7)
- Last Year’s Results: None — all new bowl game!
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Fenway Bowl: Online Without Cable
Since the Fenway Bowl is on ESPN, you can’t watch it for free. (Well, you can watch it for free — but not long-term.) But because ESPN is such a popular channel, you have a number of options to stream it. FuboTV and Sling TV are our top two options depending upon exactly what you are looking for.
Streaming is an alternative to cable and satellite. You get roughly the same access to channels. The cost is the same or cheaper. You get more features (like DVR included). And best of all: no long-term contracts, which are standard with cable/satellite — if you want to get any kind of reasonable price. (Generally, cable is the same price as streaming — but only if you sign up for 2 years!)
Fenway Bowl on FuboTV
FuboTV started as a streaming service for sports but over the years has become one of the best general services with over 120 channels for $74.99/mo. Overview:
- ESPN and ESPN2 in its base plan
- 35+ sports channels out of the 120+ live channels
- All your local stations (CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, and more)
- 1,000 hours of permanent cloud DVR storage
- Stream on up to 10 devices at once
- Excellent on-demand library
See our FuboTV review for more.
Fenway Bowl on Sling TV
The least-expensive full cable replacement service is Sling TV with plans starting at just $40.00/mo. Sling Orange provides ESPN and Disney channels. In a nutshell:
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3
- 30+ channels with unmatched add-ons available
- 50 hours of cloud DVR storage
- Solid on-demand library
- Sling TV Bowl Games
See our Sling TV review for all the details.
Fenway Bowl on DIRECTV STREAM
If you want an established brand, DIRECTV STREAM is a great choice. Its plans start at $74.99/mo for over 75 channels with no major holes in its lineup. Sports fans may want to upgrade to the Choice Package because of its unmatched RSN selection for $99.99/mo. Here’s an overview of its base plan:
- ESPN and ESPN2 included
- 75+ channels with great options
- All your local stations
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage (for up to 9 months)
- Unlimited simultaneous device use
- On-demand library included
Get all the details in our DIRECTV STREAM review.
Fenway Bowl on Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV offers a very special service. It starts with the Hulu bundle: its exceptional on-demand library of current and old shows, Disney+, and ESPN+. Then it adds 85+ live channels, including ESPN. Here are the basics:
- ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPNews
- 85+ live TV channels
- All your local stations
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage (9 month limit)
- Stream on up to 2 devices at once
- Industry-standard on-demand library, ESPN+, and Disney+
Get all the information in our Hulu + Live TV review.
Fenway Bowl on Other Services
There are other live TV streaming services that will allow you to watch all of Bowl Season:
- Vidgo: Get all the base ESPN and Conference channels in its 110+ channel lineup for $64.95/mo. (See our Vidgo review.)
- YouTube TV: Get a great selection of 100+ channels for $64.99/mo.
Devices to Live Stream the Fenway Bowl
Gone are the days when streaming meant sitting at your computer. All of the streaming services we’ve discussed allow you to watch on the most popular streaming devices today. These include:
- Amazon Fire TV (Firestick)
- Android Mobile
- Android TV-based Smart TVs
- iOS (iPad, iPhone)
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Web Browsers
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
It’s easy to watch Fenway Bowl — and almost all the other bowl games — without cable. Just choose any of the streaming services we’ve discussed above and you will be all set.
To find out more about all the College Football Playoffs (CFP) and other NCAA National Championship games this December and January, see our College Bowl Games guide.
How do I watch the Fenway Bowl for free?
Since the Fenway Bowl is broadcast on ESPN, it isn’t available for free over the air. But that doesn’t mean you can’t watch it for free. FuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, and YouTube TV all offer free trials. You can also, of course, visit a friend or visit a sports bar.
Who won the Fenway Bowl last year?
This will be not only the first ever Fenway Bowl, but also the first Division I Bowl Game played in New England. Fenway Park is one of the most recognizable and popular stadiums in North America, and it is only fitting to see two bitter rivalries clash there.
How do I watch more bowl games online?
Here is our 2022 guide to watching all the bowl games:
- Fri Dec 16 : Bahamas Bowl — Miami (Ohio) vs University of Alabama at Birmingham (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 16 : Cure Bowl — UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Fenway Bowl — Cincinnati vs Louisville (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Cricket Celebration Bowl — Jackson State vs NC Central (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : Las Vegas Bowl — Florida vs Oregon State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LA Bowl — Washington State vs Fresno State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LendingTree Bowl — Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : New Mexico Bowl — SMU vs BYU (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Frisco Bowl — North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 19 : Myrtle Beach Bowl — Marshall vs UConn (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Famous Idaho Potato Bowl — Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Boca Raton Bowl — Liberty vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 21 : New Orleans Bowl — Western Kentucky vs South Alabama (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 22 : Armed Forces Bowl — Baylor vs Air Force (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Independence Bowl — Louisiana vs Houston (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Gasparilla Bowl — Wake Forest vs Missouri (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 24 : Hawaii Bowl — Middle Tennessee vs San Diego State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 26 : Quick Lane Bowl — New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Camellia Bowl — Georgia Southern vs Buffalo (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : First Responder Bowl — Memphis vs Utah State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Birmingham Bowl — Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Guaranteed Rate Bowl — Wisconsin vs Oklahoma State (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Military Bowl — UCF vs Duke (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Liberty Bowl — Kansas vs Arkansas (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Holiday Bowl — Oregon vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Texas Bowl — Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs Minnesota (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Cheez-It Bowl — Oklahoma vs Florida State (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Alamo Bowl — Texas vs Washington (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Duke’s Mayo Bowl — Maryland vs NC State (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Sun Bowl — Pittsburgh vs UCLA (CBS)
- Fri Dec 30 : Gator Bowl — Notre Dame vs South Carolina (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Arizona Bowl — Ohio vs Wyoming (Barstool Sports)
- Fri Dec 30 : Orange Bowl — Tennessee vs Clemson (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Music City Bowl — Iowa vs Kentucky (ABC)
- Sat Dec 31 : Sugar Bowl — Alabama vs Kansas State (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Fiesta Bowl — TCU vs Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Peach Bowl — Ohio State vs Georgia (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : ReliaQuest Bowl — Mississippi State vs Illinois (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 2 : Cotton Bowl — Tulane vs USC (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : Citrus Bowl — LSU vs Purdue (ABC)
- Mon Jan 2 : Rose Bowl — Penn State vs Utah (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 9 : National Championship — TCU vs Georgia (Fox)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022