What better way to kick off the new year than by watching some college football? One highly anticipated matchup every year is the Sugar Bowl. The 2022 Sugar Bowl’s game day is on December 31st at (EST) featuring Alabama vs Kansas State. It will air live on ESPN.
In a hurry? These services offer all you need to watch the Sugar Bowl online without cable:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on Sling TV now.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The guide below will teach you how to watch the Sugar Bowl live stream and other college football bowl games without a cable subscription.
2022 Sugar Bowl Schedule
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. When and where is the Sugar Bowl going down? What channel will it air on?
- Date: Dec 31, 2022
- Channel: ESPN
- Teams: Alabama (45) vs Kansas State (20)
- Last Year’s Results: Baylor Bears (21) vs Ole Miss Rebels (7)
The match will be held at the Caesars Superdome.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Alabama vs Kansas State
The Alabama Crimson Tide are favored to win this year’s game against the Kansas State Wildcats, although it is expected to be a close game.
The quarterback spot is a bit of a question mark for both teams. Alabama’s star QB, Bryce Young may opt to skip the game and avoid the risk of injury, as he has been heavily scouted by NFL teams ahead of next year’s draft and is likely to be a first-round pick. If he does, Paul Tyson will likely start under center.
For Kansas State, Adrian Martinez was the team’s starter to begin the year, but after an October injury, was replaced by Will Howard. Martinez has since returned, but on a snap count as he still needs adequate rest. Coach Chris Klieman has suggested that both quarterbacks might play in this year’s Orange Bowl.
Key Players to Watch
With the quarterback situation an unknown, Kansas’ best chance to score the upset will be by getting the ball to explosive running back Deuce Vaughn, who rushed for 100 yards eight times this season and is also an excellent pass catcher, with 378 receiving yards on 42 catches in 2022. On the other side of the ball, Kansas has defensive end Felix Anudike-Uzomah, who was crowned Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year this season.
Alabama has had issues with their receiving corps this year, with 25 dropped passes and season-ending injuries to two of their best wide-outs. They’ll need standout freshman Kendrick Law to step up and not only get past Anudike-Uzomah but get a few extra yards after the catch as well.
This year’s contest features the 10-2 Crimson Tide against the 10-3 Wildcats. No matter which teams comes out on top, fans are sure to have a great time watching the game unfold!
How to Watch the Sugar Bowl Online without Cable TV
The bowl season starts on 16 December 2022 and ends with the College Football playoff Championship game on 9 Jan 2023.
- Online streaming services that function over the internet
- Do not require cable
- Provide live access to many popular TV channels
- Provide access to ESPN, which will host the Sugar Bowl
- Work on most devices, ranging from smartphones to Roku/Apple TV to computers
- No contract – cancel at any time
- Plans from $40 per month
These services are essentially cable TV alternatives. They provide a similar set of channels as a basic cable lineup, but are far cheaper and more flexible. Learn more about each service in the guide below.
Watch the Sugar Bowl with Fubo
Fubo is our top recommended streaming service and will provide a great way to watch the Sugar Bowl and other Bowl games without cable TV.
For $74.99/mo, you can sign up and immediately enjoy live access to over 120 live most popular channels. This includes ESPN, which will host the Sugar Bowl, as well as local channels and many more. In short Fubo provides you will all the channels you need to watch every single bowl game this year.
In addition, Fubo also comes with a large on-demand library to enjoy any time. From TV shows to movies to live news and sports, Fubo has it all.
Watch the Sugar Bowl Online on Sling TV
Sling TV is another fantastic option that is particularly appealing to budget-minded shoppers. The service costs just $40.00/mo, making it one of the best deals in streaming. And you get a lot of value for that low price tag, including access to the Sugar Bowl live stream!
Sling works over the internet, and on most devices. Use it on your Roku, Apple TV, etc. or on your smartphone, computer or tablet. It’s very user-friendly and you can be signed up and streaming within just a few minutes.
Sling has several channel packs to choose from, ranging from 30 to 100+ channels depending on what you choose. There is ample opportunity to customize your channel lineup.
Watching the Sugar Bowl online with DIRECTV STREAM
If you want to get the most out of DIRECTV STREAM, go for the Choice plan, that is for $20 extra per month ($108.99/mo). You get 100+ channels and 3 more ESPN channels: ESPNU, ESPNews. You also get the best collection of RSNs and HBO max!
In addition, to live content, you’ll have on-demand content to enjoy. TV Everywhere apps can also be used. If you want to save content, you’ll even have an unlimited cloud-based DVR (only for online sign ups). Watch on Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, mobile devices, Samsung TV, web browsers, etc.
Sign up today for the 5-day free trial. There are no commitments or contracts to sign, so you can cancel anytime if you do not want the service.
Check out our DIRECTV STREAM review for more info.
Watch the Sugar Bowl Without Cable via Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is one of the most popular cable alternatives, and for good reason. It’s affordable, easy to use, and offers an excellent lineup of channels.
Hulu + Live is just $76.99/mo, and does not require a contract. That gets you over 85 channels, ranging from sports networks like ESPN to news on FOX News and CNN to entertainment on FX, TNT and many more.
There’s something for the whole family. Since ESPN is covered, you can watch the Sugar Bowl without cable plus watch college football all season long easily.
In addition to all the live TV, Hulu also offers an impressive on-demand library. You will never be without something to watch with literally thousands of viewing options. Find out more in our Hulu + Live TV review.
Ready to test it out? Try one month for $76.99.
Superpower Your Sports Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
i Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.
Other Options to Watch the Sugar Bowl Online
If the options listed above don’t appeal to you, there are some other ways to stream Sugar Bowl without cable. Most offer free trials:
- Vidgo — Stream almost all NCAA for only $69.99/mo. Read our Vidgo review for more.
- YouTube TV is another popular streaming service that costs $72.99/mo for 100+ channels.
Have any questions about how to watch the Allstate Sugar Bowl online? Comment below to let us know.
How will I stream other bowl games other than the Sugar bowl?
The guideline below contains all the bowl games, the football teams participating, the time the matchup takes place, and the channels that will air the game.
- Fri Dec 16 : Bahamas Bowl — Miami (Ohio) vs University of Alabama at Birmingham (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 16 : Cure Bowl — UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Fenway Bowl — Cincinnati vs Louisville (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Cricket Celebration Bowl — Jackson State vs NC Central (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : Las Vegas Bowl — Florida vs Oregon State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LA Bowl — Washington State vs Fresno State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LendingTree Bowl — Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : New Mexico Bowl — SMU vs BYU (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Frisco Bowl — North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 19 : Myrtle Beach Bowl — Marshall vs UConn (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Famous Idaho Potato Bowl — Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Boca Raton Bowl — Liberty vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 21 : New Orleans Bowl — Western Kentucky vs South Alabama (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 22 : Armed Forces Bowl — Baylor vs Air Force (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Independence Bowl — Louisiana vs Houston (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Gasparilla Bowl — Wake Forest vs Missouri (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 24 : Hawaii Bowl — Middle Tennessee vs San Diego State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 26 : Quick Lane Bowl — New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Camellia Bowl — Georgia Southern vs Buffalo (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : First Responder Bowl — Memphis vs Utah State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Birmingham Bowl — Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Guaranteed Rate Bowl — Wisconsin vs Oklahoma State (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Military Bowl — UCF vs Duke (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Liberty Bowl — Kansas vs Arkansas (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Holiday Bowl — Oregon vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Texas Bowl — Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs Minnesota (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Cheez-It Bowl — Oklahoma vs Florida State (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Alamo Bowl — Texas vs Washington (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Duke’s Mayo Bowl — Maryland vs NC State (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Sun Bowl — Pittsburgh vs UCLA (CBS)
- Fri Dec 30 : Gator Bowl — Notre Dame vs South Carolina (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Arizona Bowl — Ohio vs Wyoming (Barstool Sports)
- Fri Dec 30 : Orange Bowl — Tennessee vs Clemson (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Music City Bowl — Iowa vs Kentucky (ABC)
- Sat Dec 31 : Sugar Bowl — Alabama vs Kansas State (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Fiesta Bowl — TCU vs Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Peach Bowl — Ohio State vs Georgia (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : ReliaQuest Bowl — Mississippi State vs Illinois (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 2 : Cotton Bowl — Tulane vs USC (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : Citrus Bowl — LSU vs Purdue (ABC)
- Mon Jan 2 : Rose Bowl — Penn State vs Utah (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 9 : National Championship — TCU vs Georgia (Fox)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some section headings. Updated some sub-sections. Various changes.
Added some more links. Various changes. Formatting.
Added FAQ section. Added new section. Added links to streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Mentioned offers. Pricing updates.
Added some links. Formatting changes.
Added table of contents. Added buttons for streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Pricing updates. Image changes.
Pricing updates. Image changes. Various changes.
Mentioned channel info. Pricing updates. Added some more links. Misc content updates.
Updated one section. Changes to some sections. Additional links.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022