NBA G League, as any basketball fan knows, is the NBA’s minor league basketball organization (renamed in 2017 from D League to G League when Gatorade became the title sponsor). As of the 2019-2020, the league has 28 teams, all of which are either single-affiliated or owned by an NBA team.
To catch all the G League action, there’s a number of different ways to watch NBA G League online without cable. Unfortunately, there’s no centralized way to watch it, as some games are aired on ESPN+, some on NBA TV, and the rest through two other streaming services. We have the complete breakdown below of how to watch NBA G League online!
In a hurry? All of the following offer great coverage of sports:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: This total entertainment streaming service provides a great on-demand selection and all the essential live TV channels.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
How to Watch NBA G League without Cable: At a Glance
Streaming services now give cord-cutters immense flexibility and options when it comes to the content you want, the ability to cancel or make changes at any time, and the level of price you want. More and more, consumers are stepping away from expensive cable bills and rigid contracts and into the world of streaming. For all the best ways to watch the NBA itself online, check out our NBA streaming guide. Several streaming services offer NBA G League online, though as mentioned, if you want to regularly watch ALL the NBA G League games, you’ll need to sign up for a couple different services. If it’s specific games, or the occasional game you’re looking for, you can find everything you need – and affordable options! – below. ESPN+ and NBA TV between them offer most of the games, while the rest are streamed on NBAGLeague.com or on Twitch.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Watch NBA G League Online with ESPN+
ESPN+ is ESPN’s official streaming service, launched in 2018. It’s a good way to watch some sports without cable, particularly soccer, though it’s limited in its basketball coverage. For basketball games, some college teams, FIBA basketball, and some NBA G League games are included. Check the G League schedule here to see which of the upcoming NBA G League games you can stream online on ESPN+. The service costs only $4.99 a month, so it’s a low-cost, low-risk way to get access to NBA G League streaming online. Overview of ESPN+ Features:
- (Limited) live sports, including baseball, soccer, basketball and more
- Global sports like FIBA, UEFA, EFL and more
- You can stream on the go on your devices anywhere in the U.S.
- Game replays of select games after they air, plus the ability to pause and rewind live games
- ESPN+ works on most devices, including Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Fire TV devices, iOS and Android devices, PS4, Xbox One and Roku smart TVs
- Some original shows, like 30 for 30, O.J.: Made in America and more.
- Exclusive programming, like Draft Academy, ESPN FC and more
ESPN+ is particularly good for fans of global sports like soccer and rugby, which can be incredibly hard to find streaming for in the U.S. Its coverage is a bit hit or miss for major U.S. sports like football and basketball – but keep in mind, this is an incredibly cheap service, and if you’re a huge NBA fan looking to complete your viewership by catching some NBA G League online streaming, this is a good route.
How to Watch NBA G League on NBA TV
NBA TV is a go-to for basketball fans! This is of course the main channel for the NBA, and includes live games, NBA news, and highlights. A few ways to watch NBA TV online have sprung up among the plethora of streaming services: below are the ways to access NBA TV and use it to watch NBA G League live online. Sling TV (free 7-day trial) offers NBA TV as an add-on channel, and fuboTV (free 7-day trial) offers an NBA TV live stream as part of its main package.
Watch NBA G League Games on NBA TV with Sling TV
Sling TV has a couple different packages, but to watch NBA G League streaming, you’ll want to sign up for the Sports Extra bundle, which includes streaming of NBA TV. This gets you a live stream of NBA TV, so you’ll get a ton of basketball content, plus several other sports channels. The basic packages start at $30 per month for 30-40 channels, and then you would add the Sports Extra on top. Sling TV Details:
- Three packages options are available
- The Sports Extra bundle includes NBA TV
- Additional channel bundles can be added to any package
- An on-demand library is included
- Watch on Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, and more
- Read our Sling TV review!
Watch NBA G League Games on the NBA TV Live Stream with fuboTV
fuboTV is slightly more expensive than some streaming platforms but it has a killer array of channels: more than 100 including NBA TV, 30+ other sports channels, kids programming, news, local content (in select locations), TV shows and more. To watch NBA G League live, sign up for the main package at $69.99 per month. Features of fuboTV include:
- $69.99/month — cancel any time
- No contracts to sign
- 100+ channels
- Add more channels for a fee
- Great option to watch NBA online with NBA TV, TNT, regional sports networks, and more
- A cloud-DVR is included
- Watch on Roku, Apple TV, iOS/Android, Chromecast, computers, and more
- Our fuboTV review has more details
Other Ways to Watch NBA G League
There are a couple other ways to watch NBA G League without cable online, for the games that aren’t streamed on NBA TV or ESPN+. Per this season’s upcoming schedule, many NBA G League games will be streamed live on NBAGLeague.com itself, the main website for the league. Occasionally, some NBA G League games are streamed through Twitch, a video streaming platform primarily used by gamers and owned by Amazon. You’ll want to check the G League schedule to find out which ones before signing up for a Twitch account. Once you do have an account, you can follow the NBA G League page for streaming notifications. It’s another way to watch NBA G League without cable. Any any questions or comments as you read this guide? Drop us a comment below and we’ll get back to you!
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Pricing updates. Formatting changes.
Cross linking. Reformatting.
Additional links. Formatting changes.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022