The 2023 NFL football season has begun! Get all the information in our NFL Guide!
And you can follow the whole season with Fubo. Try it free!
Virginia has a strong basketball program and their men’s team is doing extremely well this season. Learn how to watch all their games below.
In a hurry? Both men’s and women’s games normally appear on the ESPN channels including its ACC Network. These streaming services offer all the channels and more:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The University of Virginia is among the most prestigious in the nation for its academic and sports programs. The school primarily competes in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), which is considered to be one of the Power Five elite conferences in the country.
Let’s take a closer look at the school’s basketball programs and how you can follow your favorite men’s and women’s players this year.
TV Channels to Watch Virginia Basketball
You can watch almost every game featuring the women’s team on ACC Network (ACCN) or its sister stations ACCNX or ACCRSN. ACCNX is a streaming service that carries games on ESPN.com or the ESPN app as opposed to on ESPN or ACCN itself.
As the name suggests, ACCRSN is a regional sports network that produces games that air in select markets. Games may also be available through ESPN3 for viewers that are outside of the primary markets.
The men’s team may also be featured on ACCN throughout the year. However, games will also be broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, and other networks affiliated with this sports broadcaster. If you prefer, you can listen to games on the Virginia Sports Radio Network while you follow along with the ACCN or ESPN broadcast.
Streaming Virginia Basketball
Since virtually all of the Cavaliers games air on ESPN-owned channels, you have a great selection of streaming services that will allow you to watch the whole season:
- Fubo (formerly FuboTV): Get over 130 channels for as little as $74.99/mo. (Fubo review)
- Sling TV: Customize your perfect channel lineup starting at $40.00/mo. (Sling TV review) (March Madness coverage and schedule)
- DIRECTV STREAM: This full cable replacement service offers plans that will always beat cable for as little as $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Get 85+ channels along with Disney+ and ESPN+ for $69.99/mo. (Hulu Live review)
- Vidgo: NCAA-focused channel lineup for $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Get over 100 channels for $72.99/mo.
All the streaming services offer a cloud DVR. But with Vidgo, you will need to upgrade to its Premium plan (but you get get a 90-day trial with its base plan).
They also all allow you to watch different channels at the same time on different devices. Sling only allows channels like ESPN to be streamed on a single device at once. But most services offer 3 simultaneous screens and Fubo and DIRECTV STREAM offer many more.
Additionally, you can live stream games on most devices in use today including Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and web browsers. If you want, you can also stream on smartphones and tablets. Most of the services also support smart TVs and gaming systems.
The men’s basketball program was created in 1905 and has a heated rivalry with Virginia Tech, which also competes in the ACC. In addition, it has played dozens of games against Louisville and North Carolina, both regional and conference foes. Finally, the school has had a long history of playing games against Maryland.
The women’s team has also established rivalries with many of these schools throughout its decades-long history of mostly sustained excellence.
Both teams play in the 14,623-capacity John Paul Jones Arena.
Virginia Men’s Basketball
In 2018, Virginia became the only No 1 seeded team to lose to a 16-seed in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. But in 2019, the school won its first and only national championship. Virginia also won the 2018 ACC tournament as well as regular season titles in 2020 and 2021.
During the 2022-23 season, the team has been sort of an ensemble cast led by Kihei Clark, Jayden Gardner, and Ben Vander Plas. They are dominating the ACC this year.
2022-23 Men’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Nov 7 : vs North Carolina Central (ACCN)
- Fri Nov 11 : vs Monmouth (ACCN)
- Mon Nov 14 : vs Northern Iowa (ACCN)
- Fri Nov 18 : vs Baylor (ESPN2)
- Sun Nov 20: vs Illinois (ESPN)
- Fri Nov 25 : vs Maryland-Eastern Shore (ACCN)
- Tue Nov 29 : @ Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 3 : vs Florida State (ESPN2)
- Tue Dec 6 : vs James Madison (ACCN)
- Sat Dec 17 : vs Houston (ESPN2)
- Tue Dec 20 : @ Miami (ACCN)
- Wed Dec 28 : vs Albany (ACCN)
- Sat Dec 31: @ Georgia Tech (ACCN)
- Tue Jan 3 : @ Pittsburgh (ACCN)
- Sat Jan 7 : vs Syracuse (ACCN)
- Tue Jan 10 : vs North Carolina (ESPN/2)
- Sat Jan 14 : @ Florida State (ESPN/2)
- Wed Jan 18 : vs Virginia Tech (ESPN/2/U)
- Sat Jan 21 : @ Wake Forest (ESPN/2/U)
- Sat Jan 28 : vs Boston College (ACCN)
- Mon Jan 30 : @ Syracuse (ESPN)
- Sat Feb 4 : @ Virginia Tech (ESPN/2/U)
- Tue Feb 7 : vs NC State (ACCN)
- Sat Feb 11 : vs Duke (ESPN/2)
- Wed Feb 15 : @ Louisville (ESPN/2/U)
- Sat Feb 18 : vs Notre Dame (ESPN/2/U)
- Wed Feb 22 : @ Boston College (ACCN)
- Sat Feb 25 : @ North Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Feb 28 : vs Clemson (ACCN)
- Sat Mar 4 : vs Louisville
Virginia Women’s Basketball
Camryn Taylor, Sam Brunelle and Mir McLean are the top players on the women’s roster this season. Taylor leads the team in points and blocked shots while McLean is pacing the team in steals and rebounds. Brunelle is third on the team in points while leading the team with 17 baskets from beyond the arc.
In 1991, the women’s squad made its only appearance in the national title game, which it lost 70-67 to Tennessee in overtime. The team would return to the Final Four in 1992 where it would lose to Stanford 66-65. Virginia’s women’s team last made it to the tournament in 2018 and last won the ACC conference tournament title in 1993.
This year’s team is doing okay but struggling in conference play under new head coach Amaka Agugua-Hamilton. She was hired to replace Tina Thompson who led the team the four previous seasons.
2022-23 Women’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon, Nov 7 : vs George Washington (ACCNX)
- Thu, Nov 10 : vs UMBC (ACCNX)
- Sun, Nov 13 : vs Wake Forest (ACCN)
- Wed, Nov 16 : @ Loyola Chicago
- Sun, Nov 20 : @ American University (ESPN+)
- Wed, Nov 23 : vs Campbell
- Sat, Nov 26 : vs Minnesota (ACCNX)
- Sun, Nov 27 : vs East Carolina (ACCN)
- Wed, Nov 30 : @ Penn State (ACCN/B1G)
- Sun, Dec 4 : vs UNC Wilmington (ACCNX)
- Wed, Dec 7 : @ William & Mary
- Sun, Dec 18 : vs Morgan State (ACCNX)
- Wed, Dec 21 : @ Duke (ACCNX)
- Thu, Dec 29 : vs Georgia Tech (ACCNX)
- Thu, Jan 5 : @ Virginia Tech (ACCN)
- Sun, Jan 8 : @ NC State (ACCN)
- Thu, Jan 12 : vs North Carolina (ACCNX)
- Sun, Jan 15 : vs Boston College (ACCN)
- Thu, Jan 19 : vs Florida State (ACCNX)
- Sun, Jan 22 : @ Notre Dame (ACCN)
- Thu, Jan 26 : @ Syracuse (ACCNX)
- Sun, Jan 29 : vs Virginia Tech (ACCN)
- Thu, Feb 2 : @ North Carolina (ACCN)
- Sun, Feb 5 : @ Pittsburgh (ACCN)
- Thu, Feb 9 : vs Louisville (ACCNX)
- Sun, Feb 12 : vs NC State (ACCN)
- Sun, Feb 19 : vs Duke (ACCNX)
- Thu, Feb 23 : @ Clemson (ACCNX)
- Sun, Feb 26 : @ Miami (ACCN)
During the course of the 21st century, UVa has created and sustained one of the most successful college basketball programs in the country. Both the men’s and women’s teams are routinely in the hunt for conference titles, national tournament berths, and national titles.
We recommend Fubo for Virginia Cavaliers basketball fans. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
How can I watch the Cavaliers-Cardinals game?
The Virginia Cavaliers and Louisville Cardinals have one of the biggest rivalries in men’s basketball. Since they are in the same conference, the teams meet often. And since there is a lot of interest, the games are usually on major TV channels. This year, it should be on either ESPN or ESPN2.
How can I watch college basketball games featuring different teams?
We have guides for many of the top NCAA basketball teams:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Arizona Wildcats
- Auburn Tigers
- Baylor Bears
- Clemson Tigers
- College of Charleston Cougars
- Dayton Flyers
- Duke Blue Devils
- Florida Atlantic Owls
- Florida State Seminoles
- Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Houston Cougars
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Kansas Jayhawks
- Kansas State Wildcats
- Kentucky Wildcats
- Louisville Cardinals
- LSU Tigers
- Marquette Golden Eagles
- Maryland Terrapins
- Miami Hurricanes
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oregon Ducks
- Providence Friars
- Purdue Boilermakers
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- San Diego State Aztecs
- Seton Hall Pirates
- South Carolina Gamecocks
- Stanford Cardinal
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas Longhorns
- UCLA Bruins
- UConn Huskies
- Villanova Wildcats
- Virginia Cavaliers
- West Virginia Mountaineers
- Xavier Musketeers
Page Updates ▼▲
Added useful links.
Added some links.
Reworked one section.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022