The NFL season is in full swing for 2023-24, and fans from all around the country get to watch their favorite teams on a weekly basis. The Indianapolis Colts is a popular franchise that has fans throughout the state of Indiana, but this franchise also has fans out of state.
In a hurry? To watch all the Indianapolis Colts out-of-market games on Sunday, you will need NFL Sunday Ticket. But that is not the only way to watch the games.
- ExpressVPN: Get the games you want to watch no matter where you are with private browsing and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fubo: Watch all local and primetime games as well as all the action Sunday afternoon with NFL RedZone. Sign up for a free trial!
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Available through YouTube and YouTube TV.
- DAZN Canada is streaming every NFL game live, which means preseason, regular games, playoff games, and of course the Super Bowl.
In most cases, you won’t be able to watch the Colts games on a consistent basis if you’re not located in the team’s respective region because of regionalized broadcasting. On the other hand, there are ways of getting around this issue, so keep reading below for more information.
Table Of Contents
This Week’s Indianapolis Colts Game
- Sun Dec 3 : @ Tennessee Titans (CBS)
Or just see when the next Colts game is…
How to Watch Out-of-Market Indianapolis Colts Games
The National Football League makes being a fan very easy because each respective team will play only one game per week. All of the games are broadcast across the nation for the entire season. On the other hand, following some teams can be difficult when it comes to viewership rights. Games during the regular season are regionally broadcasted, and most Sunday afternoon games are limited to two showings via CBS or Fox.
This is wonderful news for local fans because they can tune in to their local CBS or Fox affiliate to watch NFL games free of charge. Of course, this is known as in-market viewing, but fans who reside in distant locations are generally out of luck. For example, Indianapolis Colts games won’t be shown to viewers in Los Angeles in most cases because that region is considered to be out-of-market.
Other pro leagues have gotten around this broadcasting issue by using distinct platforms. Basketball and baseball fans can watch their favorite teams consistently on platforms such as NBA League Pass and MLB TV. The same thing goes for pro soccer and hockey as their games are shown on ESPN+.
NFL Sunday Ticket is the solution for out-of-market Colts fans. You will need to subscribe to YouTube or YouTube TV.
What Channels Do I Need to Watch Out-of-Market Indianapolis Colts Games?
Thanks to advancements in technology, there are many ways to view out-of-market Colts games. Here are some of the best routes, so keep reading below.
1. NFL Sunday Ticket is the best option for Indianapolis Colts fans, but it’s only available with a satellite provider’s subscription. NFL Sunday Ticket is the undisputed leader and ultimate source for watching NFL games as all of the games will be broadcasted. This service also offers plenty of NFL content via shows/documentaries.
2. NFL+ Premium provides out-of-market games via on-demand access. The general cost is $9.99 per month, but there’s a catch. Fans won’t get to watch live games, and all of the games are replayed. NFL+ Premium does provide live, in-market games for primetime viewers via mobile devices. All out-of-market games during the preseason can also be enjoyed with a mobile device. (NFL+ review)
3. NFL RedZone is a bit different as this platform doesn’t necessarily focus on out-of-market games, per se. The main focus is directed to teams that are within the 20-yard line, hence the name. This fantasy football source can be viewed for 7 hours every Sunday afternoon, and fans can switch from game to game. (NFL RedZone Out-of-Market)
4. VPN has become a popular source because it can be used as a tool for watching Colts games that are otherwise blacked out in your local area. VPN means virtual private network. Fans can utilize this service to watch Colts games undetected from various regions. (Viewing Out-of-Market NFL Games With a VPN)
6. Friends, Sports Bars, and other options can be used when all other routes have been explored. If you lack access to the platforms/services that are listed above, then visiting a friend or sports bar could be a great social experience. Most individuals enjoy watching live sports events with other like-minded people.
Watch the Colts on NFL RedZone
NFL RedZone is widely available through live TV streaming services like DIRECTV STREAM: DIRECTV STREAM’s Choice plan costs :directv-price-price:. It has 100+ channels including NFL Network, unlimited cloud DVR, and streaming on unlimited devices. NFL RedZone is included in the Sports Plus add-on. (See our full DIRECTV STREAM review.)
Read our NFL RedZone page for more details.
Use a VPN to Watch Indianapolis Colts Games Out of Market
VPN service is one of the most powerful tools for cord-cutters. Colts fans can bypass regional restrictions, but you’ll still need a subscription to a streaming service to watch the games.
For more information on how to watch NFL out-of-market games, check the VPN Guide.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Devices to Live Stream Out-of-Market Indianapolis Colts Games
There are several devices that you can use to watch Colts games. This includes Samsung smart televisions and some gaming devices. Fans can purchase an Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, iPhone/iPad, Android mobile, or Amazon Fire TV/Firestick.
Since Roku doesn’t support VPNs, you’ll need to use a router to set up the VPN. All major VPNs have step-by-step instructions.
NFL RedZone is a good option for Sling TV and Fubo TV subscribers. The best possible option for watching every Colts game is by signing up with NFL Sunday Ticket, which requires YouTube or YouTube TV.
Can I watch out-of-market Indianapolis Colts games with DIRECTV STREAM?
Yes, you can. In general, DIRECTV STREAM focuses on in-market games that are relative to your area. However, you can sign up for the Choice plan ($108.99/mo) to watch Indianapolis Colts on NFL Network and get the Sports plus add-on to view NFL RedZone.
What radio stations are the Indianapolis Colts on?
Local fans can listen to Indianapolis Colts games on 93.5 FM & 107.5 FM (The Fan), WLHK 97.1 FM (97.1 HANK) as well as on Colts.com and Colts mobile app. Fans located anywhere can get Colts game audio on Colts.com, NFL+ or NFL+ Premium (US only), and Sirius XM NFL Radio (Channel 813).
Do Indianapolis Colts games sell out?
Many Indianapolis Colts games sell out (the exact status varies from game to game). Irrespective of sell-out status, local fans can watch the games on TV and other devices without facing any blackouts as the NFL no longer imposes its blackout policy. The policy was last implemented in 2014.
Can I watch other out-of-market NFL games apart from the Indianapolis Colts?
You’ll find everything you need to know about any NFL team on HotDog. Just start with our main NFL page and branch out from there. We cover everything from the preseason to the draft as well as every game throughout the season, all the way through the Super Bowl.
We’ve got individual viewer’s guides for watching out-of-market NFL games for each team:
Page Updates ▼▲
Changed some content in main section.