In a hurry? Perhaps you just needed an overview of the necessary channels for NFL and you’re ready to roll. Whether you’re a new or existing Hulu goer, head over to Hulu now and watch some ball.
Table Of Contents
Channels with NFL Games
NFL playoff games can be found on the following channels, all of which are available on Hulu:
- CBS (Sunday afternoon games)
- ESPN (Monday Night Football — also on ABC and ESPN)
- Fox (Sunday afternoon games)
- NBC (Sunday Night Football)
- NFL Network (International and preseason games)
During the NFL regular season, Amazon Prime Video is the only way to watch Thursday Night Football games. There is no way around this. Whether you use cable, satellite, or live TV stream service, you must no directly to Amazon to get this weekly game. Thankfully, Amazon doesn’t stream any of the playoff matchups.
The specific channel that you need will largely depend on which conference your team is in. Games for AFC teams typically air on CBS while games for NFC teams typically air on Fox. Regular season games occasionally air on ESPN+, which Hulu + Live TV includes.
All of these channels are available in most markets on Hulu + Live TV (see this detailed review if you want to learn more about Hulu’s live TV plan). This means you can watch on your phone, smart TV, or other TV-connected devices.
2023 NFL Playoffs on Hulu Live
Hulu + Live TV allows you to watch every game of the 2023 NFL playoffs:
- Sat Jan 14 : Seattle Seahawks (23) at San Francisco 49ers (41) (Fox)
- Sat Jan 14 : Los Angeles Chargers (30) at Jacksonville Jaguars (31) (NBC)
- Sun Jan 15 : Miami Dolphins (31) at Buffalo Bills (34) (CBS)
- Sun Jan 15 : New York Giants (31) at Minnesota Vikings (24) (Fox)
- Sun Jan 15 : Baltimore Ravens (17) at Cincinnati Bengals (24) (NBC)
- Mon Jan 16 : Dallas Cowboys (31) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (14) (ESPN)
- Sat Jan 21 : Jacksonville Jaguars (20) at Kansas City Chiefs (27) (NBC)
- Sat Jan 21 : New York Giants (7) at Philadelphia Eagles (38) (Fox)
- Sun Jan 22 : Cincinnati Bengals (27) at Buffalo Bills (10) (CBS)
- Sun Jan 22 : Dallas Cowboys (12) at San Francisco 49ers (19) (Fox)
- Sun Jan 29 : NFC Conference Championship Game — San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles (Fox)
- Sun Jan 29 : AFC Conference Championship Game — Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs (CBS)
- Sun Feb 12 : Super Bowl LVII (Fox).
Hulu + Live TV Basics
Hulu + Live TV is the most popular live TV streaming service in the world. And it is pretty much a one-stop entertainment service. In terms of content, you really can’t beat it (and mostly, you can’t even match it):
- 85+ live TV channels
- Arguably the best general on-demand library in the business
- Disney+ (with ads)
Those 85+ live channels include pretty much everything you would expect for a great cable plan. But on this page we’ll focus on the live sports channels.
First, Hulu gives you all the channels you need to stream NFL live during the postseason as well as the regular season: ABC, CBS, ESPN, ESPN2, Fox, and NBC.
You also get a great selection of sports channels with CBS Sports Network, ESPNews, Fox Sports (FS1, FS2), and NFL Network. And also all the channels you need to follow the college football season: ACC Network, Big Ten Network, ESPN College Extra, ESPNU, and SEC Network.
All Hulu + Live TV subscribers get the ability to stream on up to 2 devices at once (upgradable). And the plan includes unlimited DVR storage (with a 9-month limit on individual items).
What You Need to Watch NFL Playoff Games on Hulu Live
With Hulu, you can stream live NFL playoff games, but you’ll need the right equipment.
The first thing you need is a reliable Internet connection and a Hulu + Live TV subscription.
Once you have a Hulu + Live TV subscription, you need a compatible device and the latest Hulu app.
Hulu with Live TV works on most mobile devices including Android phones and tablets, select models of Android TV, 4th generation or later Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV and Fire TV stick, iPhones and iPads (iOS), Nintendo Switch, Playstations, Xbox consoles, select models of Roku and Roku Stick, and other devices with Live TV compatibility.
We explain exactly which models of these streaming devices are compatible in this Hulu review.
It’s also a good idea to confirm Live TV network coverage available in your area. Not all NFL regular season games are available for every Hulu with Live TV user as coverage is subject to regional availability and blackout restrictions, but the playoffs and the Super Bowl aren’t subject to these limitations.
Finding NFL Games on Hulu Live
Hulu makes it easy to find games on game day with their NFL Football series page and NFL Games Sports collection. You can also search in the Hulu app for “NFL Football” to find games available live in your area.
Hulu also makes it easy to keep up with your favorite teams by giving you the option to add them to “My Stuff” where you can enable push notifications on your phone. This will remind you when the game comes on so you don’t miss a single play.
Alternatives to Hulu + Live TV for the NFL Playoffs
Hulu + Live TV is pretty hard for cord-cutters to beat. That’s especially true with its industry-leading on-demand library and the addition of Disney+ and ESPN+ to its plan. But it isn’t the perfect service for all viewers or even football fans. Here are its closest competitors:
- FuboTV: Get well over 100 channels for $74.99/mo including all the NFL channels. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Offers 75+ channels for $74.99/mo. Upgrading to the Choice plan for $99.99/mo includes the best RSN selection in the business as well as MLB Network and NBA TV. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Sling TV: This is a great low-cost service but it doesn’t offer any CBS channels. Sling Orange has ESPN as part of its lineup and Sling Blue has Fox and NBC.. (Sling TV review)
- Vidgo: Offers all the NFL channels except CBS and NBC for $59.95/mo. This is an especially good service for fans of college sports. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Get 100+ channels for $64.99/mo.
Hulu + Live TV isn’t the perfect streaming service for everyone — though it is for a great many people, especially those looking to watch the NFL playoffs. And for the rest, it’s still an excellent source. You simply can’t go wrong with it. Sign up today!
Further Resources On Hulu
If you want to know more about Hulu before signing up, check out these dedicated reviews. Most review specific aspects of the service:
- Overview of Hulu as a streaming service
- Hulu + Live TV guide and review
- Hulu Live’s channel line-up and add-ons
- Hulu Live’s local channels and regional availability
- Hulu device support.
Can I watch any NFL game on Hulu Live?
Hulu + Live TV allows you to watch every game that is broadcast in your area except for the Thursday Night Football games on Amazon Prime. Sunday afternoon NFL games are regionally broadcast at two different time slots. So no matter what streaming service you have, you don’t have access to all games.
For a good tool for dealing with this, get NFL RedZone. This is available as an add-on with Hulu + Live TV.
Does Hulu have live NFL playoff games?
No. The standard Hulu on-demand streaming plan does not allow you to watch NFL playoff games — or any NFL games. For that, you need Hulu + Live TV. It will allow you to watch every NFL playoff game live up through the Super Bowl, the Pro Bowl, and beyond.
Does Hulu have NFL Sunday Ticket?
No. At this writing, you can only get NFL Sunday Ticket via DIRECTV’s satellite TV service. The Ticket lets you watch all the games on Sunday afternoon during the NFL regular season. DIRECTV’s satellite TV service offers NFL Sunday Ticket for $293.94 (for the season).
How can I use Hulu Live to watch my favorite team?
We have written team viewer guides:
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!