It’s time for March Madness Final Four! Watch it all with FuboTV’s free 7-day trial!
Get all the details including complete men’s and women’s schedules in our March Madness Guide.
The Rutgers basketball programs are not as well covered on TV as other schools programs are. But most of the men’s games and a good chunk of the women’s games are. Read on to learn how to stream them all!
In a hurry? Big Ten Network is the primary venue for Scarlet Knights basketball. All these streaming services offer it and much more:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Rutgers basketball has been around since 1906 and have had years of success and struggle throughout their history. In 2014, the team joined the Big Ten Conference, one of the best and most competitive college basketball conferences nationally.
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights have been playing well of late and have made the NCAA Tournament each of the past two years and will likely garner a high seed in the 2023 version of March Madness.
TV Channels to Watch Rutgers Scarlet Knights Games
The best place to watch Rutgers basketball, both the men’s and women’s team, is the Big Ten Network (BTN). The men’s team, as they continue to improve and find themselves in the top-25 of the AP rankings most weeks, will have almost every game televised on the BTN while the women’s contests will be televised less frequently.
Rutgers has also been featured on ESPN, ESPNU, FS1, and Fox.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Streaming Rutgers Basketball
All of the following streaming services offer BTN, ESPN channels, and Fox Sports channels. Note that some or all may require add-ons or upper-level plans.
- FuboTV: Get 130+ channels including BTN and its subchannels with plans starting at $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- Sling TV: Start with Sling Orange or Sling Blue ($40.00/mo) or both ($55.00/mo) and add the Sports Extra ($11/mo or $15/mo) to get BTN as well as many other channels including MLB Network, NBA TV, and NHL Network. The Blue version includes NFL RedZone and the Orange has many other ESPN-related channels. (Sling TV review) (March Madness coverage and schedule)
- DIRECTV STREAM: The Choice plan ($99.99/mo) gives you BTN and a great selection of RSNs. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Get BTN as part of its 85+ live TV channel lineup along with Disney+ and ESPN+ for $69.99/mo. (Hulu Live review)
- Vidgo: Excellent plan for NCAA fans with 100+ channels for $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Offers 100+ channels including BTN for $72.99/mo.
One great thing about streaming services is that they all provide cloud DVR storage. (But note that Vidgo requires you get its Premium plan.) They also allow streaming on multiple devices at once.
If you have a device that can stream video, chances are it is supported by one or more services. All of them allow you to live stream on Amazon Fire TV, Android Mobile, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS (eg, iPhone), Roku, and web browsers. Smart TVs like LG, Samsung, and Vizio as well as gaming systems like Xbox are also widely supported.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Basketball
Rutgers has had a men’s Division I basketball team for the past 109 years, and for the majority of the first 50 years of the team’s existence, Rutgers was not affiliated with a conference.
In 1982, the school joined the Atlantic 10, in 1995 they moved to the Big East, and in 2014 Rutgers was accepted into the Big Ten where both the men’s and women’s teams compete today.
Both the men’s and women’s teams play their home games at Jersey Mike’s Arena on campus in Piscataway, New Jersey. It is an 8,000-seat multi-purpose arena that was built in the shape of a trapezoid. Jersey Mike’s Arena is most commonly known as the RAC (Rutgers Athletic Center), and it is famous for being one of the loudest basketball arenas in the NCAA.
The peculiar trapezoid shape, which came about as a cost-cutting technique by the architect, allows crowd noise to resonate and creates a noise that has been compared to the sound of a 747 taking off.
Rutgers’ biggest traditional basketball rivalry has been their cross-town opponent the Princeton Tigers. Princeton leads the series 75-45, but the teams have not played each other since 2013 because of conference realignment. In 1976, when Rutgers went to their lone Final Four, they played Princeton in the first round of that tournament and won by just a single point.
The Rutgers-Penn State rivalry has heated up over the past few years because they play in the same conference, and Seton Hall leads their rivalry with Rutgers 36-25.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Men’s Basketball
Rutgers made their deepest NCAA Tournament run in 1976 when they made the Final Four after a regular season that saw the team maintain a 31-0 record.
Rutgers men’s basketball has eight total March Madness appearances, and it looks like they will make their ninth this year in 2023.
Rutgers went from 1991 to 2021 without a single NCAA Tournament appearance, but Head Coach Steve Pikiell has the team moving in the right direction. The main squad this year features Aundre Hyatt, Mawot Mag, Caleb McConnell, Paul Mulcahy, Clifford Omoruyi, Derek Simpson, and Cam Spencer.
2022-23 Men’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Nov 7: vs Columbia
- Thu Nov 10: vs Sacred Heart
- Sat Nov 12: vs UMass Lowell
- Fri Nov 18: vs Temple (ESPNU)
- Tue Nov 22: vs Rider (BTN)
- Sat Nov 26: vs Central Connecticut
- Wed Nov 30: @ Miami (ESPNU)
- Sat Dec 3: vs Indiana (BTN)
- Thu Dec 8: @ Ohio State (ESPN2)
- Sun Dec 11: vs Seton Hall (FS1)
- Sat Dec 17: vs Wake Forest (BTN)
- Fri Dec 23: vs Bucknell (BTN)
- Fri Dec 30: vs Coppin State (BTN)
- Mon Jan 2: @ Purdue (BTN)
- Thu Jan 5: vs Maryland (BTN)
- Sun Jan 8: vs Iowa (BTN)
- Wed Jan 11: @ Northwestern (BTN)
- Sun Jan 15: vs Ohio State (BTN)
- Thu Jan 19: @ Michigan State (FS1)
- Tue Jan 24: vs Penn State (BTN)
- Sun Jan 29: @ Iowa (BTN)
- Wed Feb 1: vs Minnesota (BTN)
- Sat Feb 4: vs Michigan State (Fox)
- Tue Feb 7: @ Indiana (BTN)
- Sat Feb 11: @ Illinois (FS1)
- Tue Feb 14: vs Nebraska (BTN)
- Sat Feb 18: @ Wisconsin (BTN)
- Thu Feb 23 : vs Michigan (FS1)
- Sun Feb 26 :@ Penn State
- Thu Mar 2 : at Minnesota
- Sun Mar 5 : vs Northwestern
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Women’s Basketball
The Rutgers women’s basketball team began play in 1974, some 65 years after the men’s team, but in their short history the Rutgers women have accomplished a lot.
They were the runner-up of the NCAA Tournament in 2007, made it to two Final Fours, and have made 26 appearances in the NCAA Tournament since 1986.
Although they are struggling this year, the Rutgers women’s team has a rich tradition of really good basketball.
2022-23 Women’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Nov 7: vs Hofstra
- Fri Nov 11: vs Seton Hall
- Sun Nov 13: vs NJIT
- Wed Nov 16: vs North Carolina Central
- Sat Nov 19: vs Tennessee
- Sun Nov 20: vs South Dakota State
- Mon Nov 21: vs Texas
- Sun Nov 27: vs Cornell
- Wed Nov 30: @ Boston College
- Sun Dec 4: vs Ohio State (BTN)
- Wed Dec 7: @ Illinois
- Sat Dec 10: vs Hampton
- Thu Dec 15: vs Princeton
- Sun Dec 18: vs New Orleans (BTN)
- Fri Dec 30: @ Penn State
- Mon Jan 2: vs Maryland (BTN)
- Sat Jan 7: vs Nebraska (BTN)
- Thu Jan 12: @ Minnesota (BTN)
- Sun Jan 15: @ Maryland
- Thu Jan 19: vs Michigan (BTN)
- Sun Jan 22: @ Michigan State
- Thu Jan 26: vs Penn State
- Sun Jan 29: @ Indiana
- Sun Feb 5: vs Wisconsin
- Thu Feb 9: vs Purdue
- Sun Feb 12: @ Iowa (FS1)
- Wed Feb 15: vs Northwestern
- Mon Feb 20: @ Wisconsin (BTN)
- Thu Feb 23: @ Michigan
- Sun Feb 26 : vs Illinois
Rutgers basketball flies under a lot of people’s radars when it comes to basketball partly because of the school’s well-known, tough-nosed brand of football, and partly because of their status in the crowded Big Ten.
With the basketball team’s recent success, however, Rutgers basketball continues to garner respect from the rest of the nation as they have a great shot at a high seed in this year’s March Madness. Tune into the BTN to see both teams play their final games down the stretch.
FuboTV is our recommendation for Rutgers basketball. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Watch Other College Basketball Teams
Here are all our NCAA basketball team viewer’s guides:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Arizona Wildcats
- Auburn Tigers
- Baylor Bears
- Clemson Tigers
- College of Charleston Cougars
- Dayton Flyers
- Duke Blue Devils
- Florida Atlantic Owls
- Florida State Seminoles
- Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Houston Cougars
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Kansas Jayhawks
- Kansas State Wildcats
- Kentucky Wildcats
- Louisville Cardinals
- LSU Tigers
- Marquette Golden Eagles
- Maryland Terrapins
- Miami Hurricanes
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oregon Ducks
- Providence Friars
- Purdue Boilermakers
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- San Diego State Aztecs
- Seton Hall Pirates
- South Carolina Gamecocks
- Stanford Cardinal
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas Longhorns
- UCLA Bruins
- UConn Huskies
- Villanova Wildcats
- Virginia Cavaliers
- West Virginia Mountaineers
- Xavier Musketeers
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Image cropped from Aquan Smart attempts to lay the ball over the Rutgers defense at Xfinity Center, December 14th, 2020 by All-Pro Reels under CC BY-SA 2.0.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022