The 2024 Stanley Cup finals will be held next May to June and there will be many teams in the running for the top spot – from American teams like the Chicago Blackhawks, the Washington Capitals, Detroit Red Wings, Pittsburgh Penguins, Anaheim Ducks, or even a Canadian team like the Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens or the Vancouver millionaires, it is too early to imagine which NHL franchise will take home the Stanley Cup.
One thing is for certain, the final – named after Lord Stanley of Preston – will see the top National Hockey League (NHL) teams in North America, from Calgary to Las Vegas, competing in all sorts of arenas to win the Stanley Cup championship and take home the cup.
Will your favorite hockey club have what it takes to be the winning team? Not even Wayne Gretzky knows at this stage but read on to find out how to stream all the action between now and then.
In a hurry? The Stanley Cup Finals are on TNT! These services allow you to watch it all and more:
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on Sling TV now.
- Hulu + Live TV: This total entertainment streaming service provides a great on-demand selection and all the essential live TV channels.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
See our NHL Playoffs Viewer’s Guide for more information about watching all the games without cable!
Table Of Contents
Stanley Cup Finals Channels
The Stanley Cup playoffs are spread over ABC/ESPN and Turner channels. The early rounds play primarily on TBS, TNT, ESPN, and ESPN2. The Conference Finals will air on either ABC or ESPN.
The Stanley Cup Finals will air on TNT. This is the first time that it has broadcast the event.
ABC Sports events are normally also shown live on ESPN3. But that is not the case this year for the NHL playoffs.
Unlike last year, it does not appear that ESPN+ will simulcast any of these playoff games.
2024 Stanley Cup Finals Schedule
See our NHL Playoffs Viewer’s Guide for the complete schedule. The Stanley Cup will take place in June. Check back for more details!
We will have the schedule as soon as it is announced!
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Watch 2023 Stanley Cup Finals
This is the first year since 1994 when you will need “cable” to watch the entire Stanley Cup Finals. Every game will air on TNT.
But some of the earlier games will air on ABC. So if you’ve been thinking of setting up an antenna, now is the time to do it. You will be impressed with everything you get. And it is all digital and in HD. See our Antenna Guide for complete information on doing it!
But to watch all of the playoffs without cable or satellite, you must choose a live TV streaming service.
- Sling TV: This is the cheapest choice to watch the whole NHL season including almost all playoff games. You get TBS, TNT, ESPN, and ESPN2 for just $40.00/mo with Sling Orange. If you are wondering about the lack of ABC, all ABC Sports events are simulcast on ESPN3, which is included right in the Sling TV app! The plan is limited to one stream at a time, but this isn’t a big deal for most people. And it comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. (NHL guide, Stanley Cup Playoffs, schedule, and Final guide, and Sling TV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV): For NHL fans, this is the way to go. It has an unmatched selection of RSNs, which will allow you to watch pretty much every regular season matchup of your hometown team(s). But it also gives you all the channels you need for the playoffs. To get access to all the RSNs, you need the Choice plan for $108.99/mo. This also includes roughly 100 other channels. But to get NHL Network, you need to upgrade to the 130+ channel Ultimate plan for $119.99/mo. It includes unlimited cloud DVR storage and streaming on 20 devices at a time. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Provides 85+ live TV channels including ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, and TNT. But on top of that, you get Disney+ and ESPN+ for $76.99/mo. The plan provides unlimited cloud DVR and streaming on two devices. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: Good overall streaming service with all you need to watch the NHL playoffs for $72.99/mo.
Devices to Live Stream the Stanley Cup Finals
There are some minor exceptions, but all the live TV streaming services support most of the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iOS devices (eg, iPhone)
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Web browsers
Hulu + Live TV and YouTube TV also support the PlayStation.
You can watch all of the Stanley Cup Finals on ABC this year. So do it for free by hooking up an antenna. Or use one of the live TV streaming services we’ve highlighted above!
Who is on the hunt for the 2023 Stanley Cup?
These are the final seeds for the 2023 NHL postseason, which include the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions Avalanche and the runner-up Lightning. The eventual winners of each conference meet each other in the Stanley Cup finals.
What are the current standings of the 2023 Stanley Cup playoffs?
We are currently at the beginning of the first-round series of the 2023 Stanley Cup playoffs. Here are the current results.
- BOS (3) vs FLA (4)
- CAR (4) vs NYI (2)
- NJD (4) vs NYR (3)
- TOR (4) vs TBL (2)
- VGK (4) vs WIN (1)
- EDM (4) vs LAK (2)
- DAL (4) vs MIN (2)
- COL (3) vs SEA (4)
- FLA (4) vs TOR (1)
- CAR (4) vs NJD (1)
- SEA (3) vs DAL (4)
- EDM (2) vs VGK (4)
- FLA (4) vs CAR (0) (Eastern Conference)
- DAL (2) vs VGK (4) (Western Conference)
Who are the most recent Stanley Cup winners?
The Vegas Golden Knights defeated the Florida Panthers in 5 games, 4-1. Here are the results of each game:
- Sat Jun 3 : Panthers (2) vs Golden Knights (5)
- Mon Jun 5 : Panthers (2) vs Golden Knights (7)
- Thu Jun 8 : Golden Knights (2) vs Panthers (3)
- Sat Jun 10 : Golden Knights (3) vs Panthers (2)
- Tue Jun 13 : Panthers (3) vs Golden Knights (9)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Added some more links. Various changes to content. Small layout changes.
Updated some section headings. Added useful links. Misc content updates.
Added sub-section. Cross linking. Misc changes. Reformatting.
Added links to streaming services. Updated some section headings. Updated some sub-sections. Image changes.
Added buttons for streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Pricing updates. Various changes to content.
Added info about guide. Misc changes to content. Formatting changes.
Updated one section.
Changed some content in main section. Added a few links.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022