A lot has changed for New Orleans Saints fans in recent years. Legendary quarterback Drew Brees ended his career with the team in 2020 after spending more than a decade in New Orleans, and long-time head coach Sean Payton followed him into retirement at the end of the 2021 campaign.
The Saints still play in the Superdome and have a star-studded roster that includes All-Pro wide receiver Michael Thomas and Pro-Bowl running back Alvin Kamara, but the future does not look as certain for gridiron fans in the Big Easy as it once did.
In a hurry? NFL Sunday Ticket offers US fans the ability to watch out-of-market NFL games. But there are more options on how you can watch these games from anywhere:
- ExpressVPN: Get the games you want to watch no matter where you are with private browsing and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fubo: Watch all local and primetime games as well as all the action Sunday afternoon with NFL RedZone. Sign up for a free trial!
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Available through YouTube and YouTube TV.
- DAZN Canada is streaming every NFL game live, which means preseason, regular games, playoff games, and of course the Super Bowl.
The Saints are always sold out, but you will have no problem watching the Black and Gold if you live in New Orleans because every game is shown on the local Fox affiliate station.
If you’re a Saints fan in another part of the country though, you’ll have to do more than switch on your TV to see your favorite team play.
Who dat? Who dat playing today? Find out!
Table Of Contents
This Week’s New Orleans Saints Game
- Sun Dec 10 : vs Carolina Panthers (Fox)
How to Watch Out-of-Market New Orleans Saints Games
If you are a Saints fan and live somewhere other than the Big Easy, you’ll only be able to watch your local team and any out-of-market games chosen by your regional networks.
CBS covers AFC games and Fox sends TV crews to NFC contests, and they show every game in its local market as long as all of the tickets are sold. The networks then pick a couple of premium contests for their games of the week, and these are the matchups nationwide audiences get to see.
Out-of-market NFL broadcasts almost always involve strong teams that are vying for playoff spots because those are games casual fans want to watch. You may occasionally see a team with a losing record on national TV, but it will usually be because the game has attracted a lot of attention for other reasons.
The Saints are not currently the kind of team that gets a lot of nationwide exposure, so fans who want to see them in action have to look beyond the networks. Other professional sports leagues like the NHL, NBA, and MLB make this easy with online season passes, but the NFL does not offer fans this option.
What Channels Do I Need to Watch New Orleans Saints Games Out of Market?
If you want to enjoy watching Taysom Hill catching touchdowns and Cameron Jordan terrorizing backfields, you have a few options even if you don’t live in New Orleans.
- NFL Sunday Ticket: If you want to watch any out-of-market NFL live game from the comfort of your own home, signing up for YouTube or YouTube TV and buying the NFL Sunday Ticket package is the only way to do it officially. NFL Sunday Ticket costs almost $449 per year, but you will be able to watch any game you like. NFL Sunday Ticket prices often drop once the NFL season gets underway, and discount packages are available for college students. (NFL out-of-market guide)
- NFL+ Premium: This is the option for NFL fans who want to see out-of-market action but don’t want to pay for Sunday Ticket package. You can watch in-market games on a tablet or smartphone, but you will only be able to watch out-of-market highlights or listen to live audio. NFL+ Premium costs about $10 per month, and the NFL offers a free 7-day trial. (NFL+ review)
- NFL RedZone: NFL RedZone is a channel that covers every pro football game at the same time. Coverage switches from one game to another whenever a team turns the ball over or reaches the red zone. NFL RedZone is included in many cable TV and streaming packages. (NFL RedZone Out-of-Market)
- SiriusXM: All NFL games are broadcast on satellite radio, and the NFL also includes these audio feeds in its Premium package.
- Friends and sports bars: If all else fails, you will still be able to see the Saints play if you visit a sports bar that shows every game. You could also ask family members or friends with an NFL Sunday Ticket subscription or sports streaming package (such as DIRECTV STREAM).
- NFL Game Pass International: This is a service that the NFL offers to overseas fans. All of the games are streamed live, but you will not be able to login if you have a North American IP address unless you use a VPN. More about that in a moment.
Watch the New Orleans Saints on NFL RedZone
With the emergence of popular streaming services, many of them offer a sports package that includes NFL RedZone. One of our favorites is Fubo (formerly called FuboTV): Fubo’s standard channel package costs $74.99/mo and provides over 130 channels of entertainment. For an added $10.99/mo, the Sports Plus add-on includes NFL RedZone and nearly 30 other live sports channels. (See our Fubo review.)
You can record games throughout the NFL season with the cloud DVR storage that comes with live TV streaming services. Steam on multiple devices too at home and away.
See also our NFL RedZone page for more details.
Use a VPN to Watch New Orleans Saints Games Out of Market
VPN providers don’t provide content like streaming platforms, but they could help you watch out-of-market New Orleans Saints games. This is because VPNs can make it appear as if you’re logging in from a different location, so you can bypass regional restrictions.
Most of the respected VPNs regularly check to make sure their servers have no problem accessing popular entertainment portals, so you should not have much difficulty logging into NFL+ Premium or NFL Game Pass International if you use one.
The full details on how you can stream out-of-market NFL games with a VPN in our guide.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Devices to Live Stream Out-of-Market New Orleans Saints Games
If you want to watch the New Orleans Saints play on one of the streaming services mentioned in this article, you will be able to access the stream using any kind of connected device.
This means laptops, phones, and tablets running on Windows, Chrome, Android, or iOS will work fine. You will also be able to watch Saints streams on smart TVs, Apple TV, or a device connected to an Amazon Firestick.
Some streaming services have features that are designed to prevent VPN access, but they rarely present much of a challenge. If you run into trouble, just check with your VPN provider for instructions.
Baseball, basketball, and hockey enthusiasts who want to watch out-of-market games have it easy. NFL fans have a few options. If you can live with just audio commentary and highlights, a few more options open up. None of these options are as good as an online pass, but they are the only choices NFL fans have until something changes.
We think Fubo with NFL RedZone is the best choice for most fans. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
Can I watch the NFL on DIRECTV STREAM?
Last year, DIRECTV STREAM was offering Sunday Ticket through its satellite subscription option. But this year Sunday Ticket is on YouTube and YouTube TV. The good news is DIRECTV STREAM offers NFL Network in its Choice Plan and NFL RedZone in its Sports plus add-on.
What radio stations are the New Orleans Saints on?
New Orleans Saints audio is broadcast on their flagship station WWL 870 AM / 105.3 FM (in English) and KGLA 830 AM / 105.7 FM (in Spanish) in New Orleans. Listeners from other regions can tune in to affiliate local stations. Saints radio broadcasts are also available online on the Saints mobile app, WWL.com, and Sirius XM NFL Radio.
Do New Orleans Saints games sell out?
Yes, the New Orleans Saints have sold out season tickets for every game since 2006. Fortunately, even if a game does not sell out, local fans do not have to worry about broadcast blackouts. This is because the NFL does not enforce the blackout rule anymore. As a result, local fans can catch the action for every game on TV, phones, and other devices.
Can I watch more out-of-market NFL games on Sundays, other than the Saints?
You’ll find everything you need to know about any NFL team on HotDog. Just start with our main NFL page and branch out from there. We cover everything from the preseason to the draft as well as every game throughout the season, all the way through the Super Bowl.
We’ve got individual viewer’s guides for watching out-of-market NFL games for each team:
Page Updates ▼▲
Reworked one section.