Sports fans with cable can turn on ESPN, but for those of you who don’t have cable, you still have options to watch the First Responder Bowl. This year’s game features Memphis vs Utah State on ESPN on Tuesday, December 27th (EST).
Streaming services all the rage right now, services that allow you to watch the Servpro First Responder Bowl online without cable. Keep reading to find out how.
In a hurry? All you need is ESPN, but these streaming services offer far more than that — try it for yourself:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
ESPN has traditionally been considered a cable channel, but now that streaming services are becoming a popular option for watching television, you can get the network without cable.
Many streaming services offer ESPN and various other channels. The following article has all the details you are going to need to determine if streaming is right for you, and if so, which service will be best.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
First Responder Bowl Schedule
The First Responder Bowl is played annually at SMU Gerald J. Ford Stadium in University Park, just outside Dallas, Texas. If you’re looking to watch this football game live, you’ll need to know exactly when and where it is airing:
- Date: Dec 27, 2022
- Kickoff Time:
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Teams: Memphis Tigers (38) vs Utah State Aggies (10)
- Last Year’s Results: Air Force (31) vs Louisville (28)
There are a variety of services you can use to watch the game, as well as other content on ESPN. If you are a sports fan, even beyond watching the First Responder Bowl live stream, there is plenty of other sports content on the channel all year round.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Memphis vs Utah State
This season’s First Responder Bowl, to be played on December 27, features a pair of 6-6 teams in Memphis and Utah State looking to end their campaigns on a positive note and with a winning record.
After Memphis dropped its season opener to a current top-25 team in Mississippi State, 49-23, the team reeled off four straight victories, two of those in American Athletic Conference play. However, four straight losses, all league contests, came after, and the team ultimately stumbled to its 6-6 mark.
Ironically, its final regular-season contest, a 34-31 loss to SMU, was played at SMU’s Gerald J. Ford Stadium in University Park, Texas, also the venue for the First Responder Bowl.
Ryan Silverfield has been in charge of the Tigers since their Cotton Bowl appearance in 2019, a 53-39 loss to Penn State. He had served in various assistant coaching roles with Memphis since 2016.
A couple of Memphis’ best players are defensive back Quindell Johnson and kicker Chris Howard; those were the program’s representatives on the All-AAC first team. Johnson’s four interceptions this season led the league and were the most by a Tiger since 2017, and he also had 73 tackles, two forced fumbles and a forced recovery. Meanwhile, Howard’s 20 field goals set the pace in the conference.
This is Memphis’ ninth-straight bowl selection, the longest such streak of any non-Power 5 program and ninth-longest overall. (The 2021 Hawaii Bowl, which was to feature Memphis, was canceled.)
Utah State opened its campaign with a 31-20 win over UConn, but a 55-0 setback to No. 1 Alabama kickstarted a four-game losing streak, which also included a 35-7 loss to FCS team Weber State. However, five wins in a six-game span followed. A 42-23 loss to Boise State ended its season.
The Aggies will have now played in 10 bowl games in 12 years. This is contrasted with Utah State having had participated in just six bowl games in the 119 years of program history that preceded that span.
Head coach Blake Anderson is completing his second season with the program, which followed a seven-year stint at Arkansas State. His first year in Logan was highly successful as it resulted in a Mountain West Conference championship while the team has had a sophomore slump in a sense in 2022.
One of Utah State’s strongest positions is safety, which has been marked by the stellar play of Ike Larsen and Hunter Reynolds. On the other side of the ball, Alfred Edwards has been a stalwart on the offensive line.
This will be the first meeting between Memphis and Utah State since 1977 and their eighth meeting overall.
Neither team had played in the First Responder Bowl before.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
How to Watch the First Responder Bowl Without Cable
Two other services you can use to watch the First Responder Bowl games are FuboTV and Sling TV. You can find an affordable alternative to cable through streaming services when you want to watch ESPN and other traditional cable channels.
By the end of this article, you should have a good idea about all of the services that are offered for you to watch ESPN and the First Responder Bowl live stream without cable.
Streaming services are a cheap and simple solution for watching cable channels without a costly cable bill. With cable, you’re often locked in a contract for at least a year, but streaming services don’t typically have contracts to sign or additional fees. On average, streaming services cost around $69.99 per month, which is much cheaper than cable.
There are variety of streaming devices you can use to watch streaming services. You might already have some of these devices such as your personal computer, mobile device, or gaming console.
Beyond that, you can stream these services on Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV devices, and more.
Watch the First Responder Bowl Online with FuboTV
FuboTV is the best streaming service for college football and other sports. For $74.99/mo you get 120+ channels including over 35 that are sports-focused.
- 120+ live channels
- All of FuboTV on-demand content is included
- Watch ESPN, FS1, USA, and several other channels
- Save 1000 hours of content in the cloud-DVR
- Plans starting at $74.99/mo
- No contracts!
- Watch the First Responder Bowl online with Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Apple TV, mobile devices, etc.
Our FuboTV review has all the details.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Watch the First Responder Bowl Live Stream on Sling TV
Another streaming service option is Sling TV. This is truly the cheapest way to watch the First Responder Bowl live stream without cable. Your package, the Sling Orange package, costs $40.00/mo and comes with over 30 channels, including ESPN. You can also add on channel bundles and individual channel options for an additional price, which allows you to customize your package. Here are more specs:
- Pay $40.00/mo for Sling Orange, which comes with 30+ channels, and includes ESPN
- Combine the two packages Sling Orange + Sling Blue for $55.00/mo for even more cable channels
- Use TV Everywhere apps such as the WatchESPN app using your Sling TV login
- The cheapest way to view college football live without cable
- Stream on mobile devices, Apple TV, your home computer, and more
- Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you have any questions about this service, don’t forget to check out our informative Sling TV review. And for bowl season specifically, see Sling TV Bowl Game Guide.
Watch the First Responder Bowl with DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM has roughly 75 channels for $74.99/mo including ESPN. Many RSNs available for $20` per month extra.
- ESPN and ESPN2 in the base package
- More channels on Choice package including the RSNs for more coverage on sports
- Unlimited hours of cloud DVR only if you sign up online
- Huge on demand content on DIRECTV
- Stream on unlimited devices
- Watch on Chromecast, Samsung TV, Roku, mobile devices, etc
Find out more in our DIRECTV STREAM review.
Get DIRECTV STREAM Free for 5 Days
Watch the First Responder Bowl Streaming on Hulu Live
One of the more popular ways to watch ESPN is Hulu with Live TV. Pricing starts at $69.99/mo for over 85 channels. You can add on additional, premium channels like HBO for an extra fee. The service comes with unlimited cloud-based DVR with 9 months of storage.
You also get the popular Hulu on-demand service with thousands of hours of television and movie content. You will also get multiple other cable channels like FOX Sports.
- Pay $69.99/mo for 85+ channels
- Add premium channels and pay a little more
- No contracts so cancel anytime
- Comes with Hulu on-demand and unlimited cloud DVR with 9 months of storage
- Stream on mobile devices, Apple TV, Roku and more
Find out more details about the service in our Hulu with Live TV review.
More Ways to Watch the First Responder Bowl Online
By now you should know ways to watch the First Responder Bowl online without cable. In the event FuboTV, Sling TV, DIRECTV STREAM and Hulu TV do not work for you, here are a few other services that will allow you to watch ESPN without a cable subscription:
- Vidgo — For $69.99/mo you get 100+ channel including ESPN. See our Vidgo review for the details.
- YouTube TV – Pay $72.99/mo for over 100 channels.
If you are interested in finding out how to watch other bowl games beyond the First Responder Bowl check out our guide on all of the 2022 College Bowl Games here. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to reach out in the comments section, and we will get back to you right away!
Who has won the First Responder Bowl in past years?
Last year’s matchup had the Air Force Falcons of the Mountain West edging out the ACC Louisville Cardinals 31-29, despite the efforts of Cardinals’ star quarterback Malik Cunningham. Previous results of the game are:
- 2020: Louisiana vs UTSA (31-24)
- 2019: Western Kentucky vs Western Michigan (23-20)
- 2018: Boise State vs Boston College, no contest (game canceled on account of weather)
- 2017: Utah vs West Virginia (30-14)
- 2016: Army vs North Texas (38-31)
- 2015: Washington vs Southern Miss (44-31)
- 2014 (December): Louisiana Tech vs Illinois (35-18)
- 2014 (January): North Texas vs UNLV (36-14)
- 2013: Oklahoma State vs Purdue (58-14)
- 2012: Houston vs Penn State (30-14)
- 2011: Texas Tech vs Northwestern (45-38)
How will I watch the 2022 bowl games?
Here is our comprehensive guide on how to watch FBS College Football Bowl Games — including the College Football Playoff and Championship Game — this year:
- Fri Dec 16 : Bahamas Bowl — Miami (Ohio) vs University of Alabama at Birmingham (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 16 : Cure Bowl — UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Fenway Bowl — Cincinnati vs Louisville (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Cricket Celebration Bowl — Jackson State vs NC Central (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : Las Vegas Bowl — Florida vs Oregon State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LA Bowl — Washington State vs Fresno State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LendingTree Bowl — Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : New Mexico Bowl — SMU vs BYU (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Frisco Bowl — North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 19 : Myrtle Beach Bowl — Marshall vs UConn (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Famous Idaho Potato Bowl — Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Boca Raton Bowl — Liberty vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 21 : New Orleans Bowl — Western Kentucky vs South Alabama (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 22 : Armed Forces Bowl — Baylor vs Air Force (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Independence Bowl — Louisiana vs Houston (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Gasparilla Bowl — Wake Forest vs Missouri (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 24 : Hawaii Bowl — Middle Tennessee vs San Diego State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 26 : Quick Lane Bowl — New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Camellia Bowl — Georgia Southern vs Buffalo (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : First Responder Bowl — Memphis vs Utah State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Birmingham Bowl — Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Guaranteed Rate Bowl — Wisconsin vs Oklahoma State (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Military Bowl — UCF vs Duke (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Liberty Bowl — Kansas vs Arkansas (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Holiday Bowl — Oregon vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Texas Bowl — Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs Minnesota (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Cheez-It Bowl — Oklahoma vs Florida State (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Alamo Bowl — Texas vs Washington (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Duke’s Mayo Bowl — Maryland vs NC State (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Sun Bowl — Pittsburgh vs UCLA (CBS)
- Fri Dec 30 : Gator Bowl — Notre Dame vs South Carolina (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Arizona Bowl — Ohio vs Wyoming (Barstool Sports)
- Fri Dec 30 : Orange Bowl — Tennessee vs Clemson (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Music City Bowl — Iowa vs Kentucky (ABC)
- Sat Dec 31 : Sugar Bowl — Alabama vs Kansas State (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Fiesta Bowl — TCU vs Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Peach Bowl — Ohio State vs Georgia (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : ReliaQuest Bowl — Mississippi State vs Illinois (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 2 : Cotton Bowl — Tulane vs USC (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : Citrus Bowl — LSU vs Purdue (ABC)
- Mon Jan 2 : Rose Bowl — Penn State vs Utah (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 9 : National Championship — TCU vs Georgia (Fox)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Added a few links.
Added new section. Added buttons for streaming services. Added some more links. Various content updates. Changes to formatting.
Added new section. Added links to streaming services. Added links. Changes to formatting. Misc content updates.
Added buttons for streaming services. Added links to streaming services. Various changes to content.
Pricing updates. Image changes. Various changes.
Pricing updates. Formatting. Changed a few bits of content.
Changed some content in main section. Cross linking.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022