World of X Games is an ABC series that highlights X Games and the athletes involved in it.
In a hurry? The following streaming services have ABC in their channel lineup so you can catch all the action:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 100+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
Quick History of the Event
Over two decades since the inaugural games were held in New Port, Rhode Island, the X Games has continued to thrill sports lovers, garnering thousands of spectators yearly. The event is hosted, produced, and broadcast by ESPN, with coverage shown on ABC, its sister network.
The passing years have seen new events added to the extreme sports lineup, and every year, participants contend to win gold, silver, and bronze medals, and of course, the prize money.
The X Games achieved extensive media exposure and popularity because of steady fan attendance, professional athletes, and top sponsors. They are not held in the United States alone.
In 2003, the global championships had five continents compete in eleven sports and was hosted in Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, and Whistler, British Columbia. In recent years, the European games have been hosted in Tignes, France, and Oslo, Norway.
Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen, Colorado hosted the winter X games until 2019. The X Games will also be held in Norway, Sydney, and Minneapolis. While it is almost nearly impossible to watch every event, ABC keeps you up-to-date in its weekly show, World of X Games, highlighting noteworthy action sportsperson, artists, athletes, event previews, and recaps.
As the popularity of the X Games has grown, so has the popularity of Over-the-Air (OTA) Antennas, Streaming Devices, and Streaming Services. Now more than ever, cord-cutters are able to catch all the X Games action, without the high price of a cable TV bill.
To begin, let’s take a look at what events are available for free with an OTA Antenna.
World of X Games TV Schedule on ABC
The last episode of World of X Games streamed May 29 on ABC and May 30 on ESPN. Next year’s schedule has not been released. Check back later!
See the complete schedule here.
How to Watch World of X Games Online
If you are not able to utilize free OTA TV, ESPN and ESPN2 will be showing live broadcasts of the X Games as well. Here is a brief overview of the many options available to cord-cutters:
- FuboTV offers great coverage of sports including ESPN with a total of over 100 channels for $69.99 per month. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV‘s Orange plan offers a way to watch ESPN without cable plus ESPN2, ESPN3, and 30+ other channels. Save $10 on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM offers ESPN in its basic package that offers 65+ channels for $69.99/mo. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu Live TV‘s service also offers ESPN at $69.99 monthly.
- For $64.99 per month, you can watch ABC, along with more than 85 other channels on YouTube TV. Also included in the package are major networks like NBC, CBS, and 5 ESPN channels.
Living a life without cable does not mean you need to miss out on your favorite shows or events. As the list of options for cord-cutters continues to build, the above services will allow you to enjoy the thrilling events of World of X Games and catch up highlights of the games you miss.
Access won’t be free like it is with an Antenna, but it will still be much less expensive than a bloated cable tv bill.