BabyFirst is a channel dedicated to helping young minds grow with the help of their parents. And it’s no big deal getting it without cable. Read on to learn more!
In a hurry? BabyFirst is available from DIRECTV STREAM in its base plan for $69.99/mo with roughly 80 channels including all the ones you expect. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you are a new parent, you want the best for your baby. You want to stimulate his or her mind. BabyFirst delivers programming that helps to develop infant skills and to keep them growing throughout the toddler years.
For added convenience, you don’t need a cable subscription to enjoy this channel. You can subscribe directly. Or get it along with a couple of live TV streaming services.
What Is BabyFirst?
BabyFirst is an American television channel that offers shows that help parents grow the brains of their babies. First Media owns the California-based network that offers programs that encourage the skills of young children, including counting, vocabulary, and color recognition.
In 2001, this channel was founded by Sharon Rechter and Guy Oranim. It first hit the air on May 2006 on DIRECTV (the satellite version).
It made waves as the original channel to air continuous shows for children between the ages of six months and three years. Parents found the content extremely helpful, so the network expanded.
By 2008, BabyFirst became available in 10 territories around the world. In 2013, Steven McPherson and Rich Frank, two men with affiliations to ABC and Disney Channel, invested and became board members. They helped develop strong content and heightened advertising revenue.
In 2014, BabyFirst teamed with AT&T U-verse to develop a second-screen app, which enhanced the TV programming.
The channel airs 24-hour programming that is aimed at babies and toddlers. Approximately 90 percent of shows are original content.
- ABC Galaxy: Besides the bright colors, babies will be drawn to a new dimension with Giggs and Hugg, two cute creatures that travel through the ABC Galaxy. Along the way, your child will enjoy singing, dancing, and learning about letters. Blast off!
- Color Crew: There is no need to get out the Crayola box when the Color Crew is available. These cartoon crayons take babies on a journey to visit the colors of the world.
- GooGoo and GaaGaa: Music plays an important role in brain development. GooGoo and GaaGaa are two character babies that transform into various musical instruments during each episode. Your baby will go crazy for the upbeat rhythm.
- Harry the Bunny: Harry is quite an interesting bunny. His world is filled with colors, numbers, and letters. Preschoolers love hanging with him and following him on his home adventures.
- The Bottlekins: The Bottlekins, another musical favorite, are seven friends who each represent one of the notes on the diatonic scale. Children delight and sing while learning important concepts like tempo and pitch.
- Peekaboo, I See You: Named after the famous game played with young children, Peekaboo amuses toddlers as they try to guess what object the blue character is hiding behind. When you find him, get ready to yell, “I see you!”
- VocabuLarry: This show shares a character with Harry the Bunny. Kids love connecting with Larry — a colorful parrot. He makes learning new words fun. As he flies around each day, he discovers a new object and repeats it like a real parrot.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
BabyFirst is available as a standalone service. Or you can get it with other channels as part of the live TV streaming service.
You can purchase BabyFirst directly and watch from its website or its app that runs on Android mobile, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku.
The monthly price is $5.99, but it is much less expensive if you purchase a yearly plan. Currently, that’s $23.99 — an average of $2.00/mo.
This includes live TV stream, e-books, thousands of ad-free episodes, and the ability to learn on any of your home devices.
Live TV Streaming Services
- DIRECTV STREAM: This full-cable replacement service gives you roughly 80 live TV channels including all your local affiliates for $69.99/mo. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM. BabyFirst is included along with other favorites like Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Disney Junior, Freeform, Hallmark, Nickelodeon, and PBS Kids. If you sing-up online, it comes with unlimited cloud DVR storage and streaming on unlimited devices.
- Frndly TV: Offers affordable live TV streaming for only $6.99. This includes 30+ channels like Heartland TV, Recipe TV, and BabyFirst.
These services support many more devices than the standalone BabyFirst. They both support Amazon Fire TV, Android mobile, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS, and Roku. Frndly also support Android TV and DIRECTV STREAM supports Samsung smart TVs.
- Roku Channel: Includes free BabyFirst nursery rhymes and the best BabyFirst episodes.
- Amazon Prime: Members enjoy a ton of shows that cross a variety of genres. Young children aren’t left out. There are many free episodes from BabyFirst available.
- YouTube: The BabyFirst YouTube channel provides a lot of content that is added to weekly. Although a live stream is available, it’s not the direct television channel.
There are alternatives to BabyFirst that offer solid programming to very young children.
- Disney Junior: The Walt Disney Company promotes children’s programs through this channel. It is a revamped version of Playhouse Disney.
- Nick Jr: Paramount Global has distributed its Nickelodeon spinoff to preschoolers. Familiar shows like Dora the Explorer are shown along with other programs for the young audience.
- PBS Kids: The Public Broadcasting Service has always aired programs for young kids. Today, popular shows include Curious George and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood.
- YouTube Kids: YouTube has created a separate app just for young viewers. By providing wholesome content that can be easily explored by children, parents gain peace of mind that kids aren’t watching anything inappropriate.
- Kidoodle: Marketed as the “safe streaming platform” for kids. It is completely free to watch. Its content was selected by parents. Shows like StoryBots, Kit N Kate, and Blippi are just a few programs that the kids love.
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Even though there are many channels that offer programming for older children, BabyFirst is one of the few that only target infants. It’s essential to provide entertainment for the minds of young children, and the offered shows encourage learning at the most basic levels.
If you are interested in BabyFirst, we recommend DIRECTV STREAM.
Is BabyFirst dangerous?
Although some people believe too much screen time is negative, the programs on BabyFirst are wholesome and educational. This channel is meant to have parents watching along with their children and to encourage learning. BabyFirst does, however, recommend that parents be with their children when interacting with the content.
Does Hulu offer BabyFirst?
At one point, Hulu did offer BabyFirst TV to it subscribers. However, it has ceased to carry any episodes of the most popular toddler shows. Luckily, there are other options like DIRECTV STREAM for watching BabyFirst. This means that you still do not require a cable subscription to get quality entertainment for your youngsters.
How do I watch other entertainment channels?
Here is the list of more entertainment channels:
How can I watch other family and kids channels?
Here are our guides for watching related channels:
Ditch “Big Cable” Now — 3 Simple Steps to Cutting the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Supercharge your internet provider
- Protect yourself and power your streaming with the best VPN.
That’s it — you’ll save money, gain control, and enjoy TV more!