There has never been a better time for cord-cutters. NFL fans still stuck to the cable cord need to cut it because Thursday Night Football is only available through streaming. Read on to learn all you need to know!
In a hurry? You need Amazon Prime to watch Thursday Night Football. For the rest of the season, these streaming services will give you all the channels you need to watch live:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: A great overall streaming service offering 85+ live channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+. Try one month for $69.99.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Note that you will need to combine one of the services above with Amazon Prime Video to watch the whole season.
Table Of Contents
For cord-cutters, the NFL Thursday Night Football games may seem a little more complicated than Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football. Amazon Prime Video will live stream most of the games. To watch all of the games, you will need to combine it with a live TV streaming service.
So, what are your best bets to watch Thursday Night Football online or over the air?
Want complete access to the season? Read our NFL Out-of-Market Game Guide.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime Video
Being an NFL fan has become a bit more complicated the last few years. And it is now the case that you simply can’t watch all the games if you stick with cable. Many games are streaming only.
Amazon Prime Video is now the home of TNF airing one preseason and 15 regular season matchups. It will not, of course, air any playoff games. Most of the games live stream on Amazon Prime exclusively.
How to Watch TNF
If you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you already have Prime Video. Otherwise, see our Amazon Prime Video review for all you need to know. Once you’re all signed up, just open the Prime Video app on your preferred device at game time (or earlier, if you want all the pre-game chit-chat).
A major benefit to watching football on Prime Video is that Amazon’s X-Ray feature shows stats and lets you watch replays right from the game. These features aren’t available on all devices, unfortunately, but they are optimized for (of course) Amazon Fire TV.
Games will also be live streamed on Twitch, the Amazon-owned live-streaming service, with options for interaction with other viewers. Kind of like a giant virtual tailgate party.
Don’t worry, hometown fans — your local network affiliate will still air the Thursday night games that your team is playing in. For example, the Week 2 matchup between the Chargers and the Chiefs will be shown on local stations in both LA and Kansas City. Check your local listings for details.
Watch every Thursday Night Football game (live and replay) with Amazon Prime Video!
Amazon Prime’s Features & Benefits
Amazon Prime is a pretty good deal that includes a lot of benefits. Prime memberships can be purchased monthly or annually – annual membership costs under $15 per month. Amazon also offers a 30-day free trial for new subscribers.
- Access to TNF live streams airing on Amazon
- Free 2-day shipping
- Prime Music and Prime Video access
So if you’re a new Amazon Prime subscriber, you can get a 30-day free trial membership to watch Thursday Night Football online free for a month. You can stream Prime Video on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and more.
Our Amazon Prime review has more info.
Live TV Streaming Services
To watch all of the Thursday NFL games, you will also need a live TV streaming service.
- FuboTV: Provides everything you need to watch all non-Amazon games in its 120+ channel lineup for $74.99/mo. Also includes 1,000 hours of cloud DVR storage and streaming on up to 10 devices at home and 2 away. (FuboTV review)
- Sling TV: Get most of the NFL season for as little as $40.00/mo. Sling Blue comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR and streaming on three devices. (Sling TV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get all the channels you expect from cable and many other options starting at $74.99/mo. Comes with unlimited cloud DVR and streaming on unlimited devices at once. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Another full-cable replacement service with 85+ live TV channels along with ESPN+. Also comes with unlimited cloud DVR and streaming on up to two devices. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- Vidgo: Offers over 100 channels for $64.95/mo including ESPN and Fox. It’s a good service for NFL fans but a great one for college football fans. Allows you to live stream on up to three devices at once. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Provides a similar plan to Hulu for $64.99/mo.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices to Live Stream Thursday Night Football
Amazon Prime Video supports the vast majority of streaming devices currently in use. These include Amazon Fire TV, Android TV smart TVs, Apple TV, Chromecast, LG smart TVs, PlayStation (3+), Roku, Samsung smart TVs, VIZIO smart TVs, and Xbox gaming systems.
The live TV streaming services all support most of the same devices.
About Thursday Night Football
Depending on how you look at this, Thursday Night Football started back in 1978, when it was an occasional extension of Monday Night Football. The the weekly branded show didn’t start until the November 3, 2006 Thanksgiving game featuring the Denver Broncos at the Kansas City Chiefs.
It was primarily an effort to give part of the weekly viewership to the then young NFL Network. And the channel remained TNF’s primary home until last year, although it shared the event on many weeks with Amazon Prime and Fox.
Starting in 2022, Amazon Prime became the home of Thursday Night Football. NFL Football went back to a lesser role airing preseason as well as a smattering of other regular season games like the NFL International Series.
Thursday Night Football Announcers
TNF games will feature the iconic Sunday Night Football announcer Al Michaels for play-by-play and Kirk Herbstreit with color commentary. NFL Hall of Famer Tony Gonzales will offer his take in the pre- and post-game shows as well as halftime. He will be joined by cornerback Richard Sherman for additional analysis.
Thursday Night Football Schedule
Thursday Night Football started back in 2006 on NFL Network. More recently, many games also aired on Fox and Amazon Prime, giving you a few ways to watch.
Beginning in 2022, Thursday Night Football will become primarily the property of Amazon Prime Video. The kickoff time for most games is .
Here is the TV schedule for Thursday games (mostly Thursday Night Football) this season (2022-23) in Eastern Time:
- Hall of Fame Week, Aug 4 : Jacksonville Jaguars (11) @ Las Vegas Radiers (27) (NBC)
- Preseason Week 1, Aug 11 : New York Giants (23) @ New England Patriots (21) (NFLN)
- Preseason Week 1, Aug 11 : Tennessee Titans (10) @ Baltimore Ravens (23)
- Preseason Week 2, Aug 18 : Chicago Bears (27) @ Seattle Seahawks (11) (ESPN)
- Preseason Week 3, Aug 25 : Green Bay Packers (10) @ Kansas City Chiefs (17) (NFLN)
- Preseason Week 3, Aug 25 : San Francisco 49ers (0) @ Houston Texans (17) (Prime Video)
- Week 1, Sep 8 : Buffalo Bills (31) @ Los Angeles Rams (10) (NBC)
- Week 2, Sep 15 : Los Angeles Chargers (24) @ Kansas City Chiefs (27) (Prime Video)
- Week 3, Sep 22 : Pittsburgh Steelers (17) @ Cleveland Browns (29) (Prime Video)
- Week 4, Sep 29 : Miami Dolphins (15) @ Cincinnati Bengals (27) (Prime Video)
- Week 5, Oct 6 : Indianapolis Colts (12) @ Denver Broncos (9) (Prime Video)
- Week 6, Oct 13 : Washington Commanders (12) @ Chicago (7) Bears (Prime Video)
- Week 7, Oct 20 : New Orleans Saints (34) @ Arizona Cardinals (42) (Prime Video)
- Week 8, Oct 27 : Baltimore Ravens (27) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (22) (Prime Video)
- Week 9, Nov 3 : Philadelphia Eagles (29) @ Houston Texans (17) (Prime Video)
- Week 10, Nov 10 : Atlanta Falcons (15) @ Carolina Panthers (25) (Prime Video)
- Week 11, Nov 17 : Tennessee Titans (27) @ Green Bay Packers (17) (Prime Video)
- Week 12, Nov 24 : Buffalo Bills (28) @ Detroit Lions (25) (CBS)
- Week 12, Nov 24 : New York Giants (20) @ Dallas Cowboys (28) (Fox)
- Week 12, Nov 24 : New England Patriots (26) @ Minnesota Vikings (33) (NBC)
- Week 13, Dec 1 : Buffalo Bills (24) @ New England Patriots (10) (Prime Video)
- Week 14, Dec 8 : Las Vegas Raiders (16) @ Los Angeles Rams (17) (Prime Video)
- Week 15, Dec 15 : San Francisco 49ers (21) @ Seattle Seahawks (13) (Prime Video)
- Week 16, Dec 22 : Jacksonville Jaguars (19) @ New York Jets (3) (Prime Video)
- Week 17, Dec 29 : Dallas Cowboys (27) @ Tennessee Titans (13) (Prime Video)
- Week 18, Jan 5: TBD
Note: Thanksgiving football is a bit different, as there are multiple games aired across a number of stations that Thursday. For more info, see our guide on how to watch Thanksgiving football without cable.
It couldn’t be easier to watch Thursday Night Football. Just sign up for Amazon Prime and you are good to go. If you already have it, great — you don’t need to do anything. If not, it’s a great overall service, even without NFL!
More Info on NFL Without Cable
If you still have questions, these resources should help:
- NFL Honors
- NFL Combine
- NFL Draft
- NFL Preseason
- NFL Regular Season
- Thursday Night Football
- Sunday Night Football
- Monday Night Football
- NFL Playoffs
- Super Bowl
- Out-of-Market NFL Games
- NFL in Canada.
How to Watch Your Favorite Team
Is Thursday Night Football on NBC?
NBC will air the Hall of Fame Week game between the Jaguars and the Raiders on August 4. It will also carry the first game of the regular season when the Bills take on the Rams in Los Angeles on September 8. After that, it’s exclusively Prime Video for ten weeks. NBC will be carrying the Thanksgiving week matchup between New England and Minnesota on November 23. See our schedule above for more details.
Local carriage deals vary from media market to market, so your local NBC station may carry some or all of your local games. See your local listings for details.
Is Thursday Night Football still on NFL Network?
Not anymore. Starting this year, Amazon Prime Video is the exclusive regular-season home of almost all the Thursday Night Football matchups. NFL Network will have a couple pre-season games: Giants vs Patriots in New England (Aug 11) and Packers vs Chiefs in Kansas City (Aug 25).
Can you watch Thursday Night Football on Sling TV?
No. Sling TV does have lots of pro football for the price, though. Depending on which team/division you follow, you’ll want different channels, and Sling TV’s strength is its flexibility. It also works well with an antenna (they actually have a deal where they give you one free). See our full Sling review for more info.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022