The 2022-23 UEFA Round of 16 is upon us. PSG plays Bayern Munich on February 14th at . Watch it on Paramount+!
Half the teams were gone as 2022 World Cup entered its knockout phase. And with Game 8, only a quarter of the teams will remain. This match features Portugal vs Switzerland at Lusail Iconic Stadium on Tuesday, December 6th at (EST) on Fox and Telemundo. Read on for all the details.
In a hurry? The following services provide all the channels you need to watch Portugal and Switzerland — and every other match as well:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Cup Results For Groups G and H
The match involves the winner of Group H against the Group G second-place finisher. Here are the final results of the Group Stage matches:
- Brazil: 2-0-1 (6)
- Switzerland: 2-0-1 (6)
- Cameroon: 1-1-1 (4)
- Serbia: 0-1-1 (1)
- Portugal: 3-0-1 (6)
- South Korea: 1-1-1 (4)
- Uruguay: 1-1-1 (4)
- Ghana: 1-0-2 (3)
This match features the #15 ranked Switzerland (SUI) national team against #9 ranked Portugal (POR) lineup. It should be a hard-fought and close game!
Where to Watch Portugal-Switzerland and Other Round of 16 Matches
All of the Round of 16 matches, including this G2-H1 match, are televised live:
From this point on, all the matches are scheduled to air on Fox and Telemundo. You can watch both of these TV channels for free with a digital antenna — assuming you live near a transmitter tower — which should be most people in the US.
- Tuesday, December 6 : Portugal vs Switzerland (Fox)
These channels are also available from most of the major live TV streaming services. We recommend FuboTV if you are a serious soccer fan. But there are other excellent choices such as Hulu + Live TV, DIRECTV STREAM, Vidgo, and YouTube TV. And for Spanish-language fans, Peacock is a great choice.
The World Cup 2022 is coming down to it. Here’s what’s in store for the rest of the tournament:
- Quarter Finals, beginning December 8th
- Semi-Finals, beginning December 13th
- Third Place Playoff on December 17th
- Final on December 18th.
How to Watch Portugal vs Switzerland in Every Country
- United States: Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Uforia (App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio)
- Germany: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), Free (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), SCTV (TV, Streaming), Indosiar (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App)
Game Analysis: Portugal vs Switzerland
The experts have Portugal as a slight favorite entering the matchup, although there is a strong possibility that Switzerland is able to secure the victory on Tuesday.
Portugal’s Captain is Elite
Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal’s captain, is one of the most famous athletes in the world today and for good reason — he is often considered to be among the greatest players in the history of the sport.
He’s not the club’s only asset, however, as Manager Fernando Santos led Portugal to victory at Euro 2016 and the 2019 Nations League, which are the first two major titles the country has won.
Other Portuguese players to watch include:
- Rafael Leão (Forward, AC Milan, Serie A)
- Bruno Fernandes (Midfielder, Manchester United, Premier League)
- Bernardo Silva (Midfielder, Manchester City, Premier League)
- Otávio (Midfielder, Porto, Primeira Liga)
- Danilo Pereira (Defender, Paris Saint-Germain, Ligue 1)
- João Cancelo (Defender, Manchester City, Premier League)
- Rúben Diogo da Silva Neves (Midfielder, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Premier League)
Switzerland Never Gives Up
Despite the disadvantage in the matchup on paper, Switzerland will not be so easily defeated. In their final Group G match, they came from behind twice to beat Serbia 3-2 and advance to the Round of 16.
The highly cerebral Remo Freuler netted the deciding goal and his high soccer IQ has proven to be a great asset to the club in the past. Captain Granit Xhaka is another great asset, having been on the Switzerland team that won the Under-17 World Cup in 2009.
Other Swiss players to watch:
- Breel Embolo (Forward, Monaco, League 1)
- Xherdan Shaqiri (Midfielder,Chicago Fire, MLS)
- Renato Steffen (Winger, Lugano, Swiss Super League)
- Ricardo Horta (Forward, Braga, Primeira Liga)
- Diego Dalot (Defender, Manchester United, Premier League)
First Round Results, Offense and Defense
Despite Cristiano Ronaldo’s superstar status, Portugal was held to only four goals scored in the Group Stage, while Switzerland managed to net six. Both teams were 2-1-0 in the first round, with Portugal winning group H outright and Switzerland coming in second to Brazil after losing the Goal Difference tiebreaker.
Defensively, Switzerland allowed three goals to Portugal’s four, with the total number of goals scored by their opponents at 11 and 12, respectively.
Previous Match History
Another aspect that is often overlooked in tournament matchups is the history of the two clubs against one another. In tournaments and friendlies, the two nations have faced off 25 times in their history, with one of the first being the 1938 World Cup, in which Switzerland defeated Portugal in the finals.
Overall, Switzerland has won 11 contests, Portugal has nine victories, and five ended in a draw. Portugal won the most recent match, however, at the UEFA Nations League on June 5 of this year with a score of 4-0, including two goals scored by Cristiano Ronaldo.
Although Portugal would seem to have the advantage over Switzerland according to the experts, there is a strong possibility of an upset when the two teams face off on Tuesday. One thing that’s certain is that fans won’t want to miss this exciting matchup of two electric teams!
Portugal vs Switzerland represents the last of the Round of 16 matches. After it, were are down to 8 teams in the Quarter Finals. Make sure you don’t miss any of the action!
What other matches are being played in the Round of 16?
The Round of 16 is completed. Here are the standings:
- December 3: Netherlands vs USA (3-1)
- December 3: Argentina vs Australia (2-1)
- December 4: France vs Poland (3-1)
- December 4: England vs Senegal (3-0)
- December 5: Croatia vs Japan (1-1, 3-1 penalties)
- December 5: Brazil vs South Korea (4-1)
- December 6: Morocco vs Spain (0-0, 3-0 penalties)
- December 6: Portugal vs Switzerland (6-1)
What teams have been eliminated from the World Cup?
The following teams were eliminated at the Group Stage:
- Costa Rica
- Saudi Arabia
These teams were eliminated so far in the Knockout Stage:
- South Korea
- USMNT (USA)
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022