English Premier League is back.
Stream it live on NBCUniversal channels with Fubo!
The Netherlands national team is one of the teams to watch at the 2022 FIFA World Cup. They are considered one of the very best teams but are they strong enough to go all the way? Learn your options to watch them below!
In a hurry? If you’re a fan of The Dutch Eleven (or Oranje if you prefer), you can watch all the games in Qatar on Fox channels in English and NBCUniversal channels in Spanish.These live TV streaming services allow you to watch them:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Netherlands at Qatar 2022
The Netherlands is currently ranked 8th in the world and is one of the favorites to win the World Cup in Qatar 2022 this fall. The team qualified for the tournament after winning Group G of the UEFA regional tournament earlier in the year.
The 2022 tournament represents the 11th time that the Netherlands has appeared at the World Cup. Its first appearance came in 1934 and resulted in an appearance in the knockout phase of the event. In 1938, the Netherlands would also advance to the first round of the knockout phase.
However, the Netherlands would not return to the event until 1974 when the country would finish as the runner-up. The Netherlands would also finish as the runner-up in the event in 1978 and 2010. In 2014, the nation would advance to the semifinal where it lost to Argentina on penalties.
In 2022, the Netherlands will start the tournament in a group alongside hosts Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal. The Dutch squad will likely be favored to win all three of its games during the group phase. Senegal looks as if it will be the toughest game for the Netherlands as it enters the tournament ranked 18th in the world. Ecuador is ranked 44th in the world while Qatar barely makes it inside of the top 50 entering group play.
Team Netherlands Squad
The Dutch team will have several players on its roster who play club football in Europe. Key members of the roster include Memphis Depay who plays for Barcelona, Matthijs de Ligt of Bayern Munich and Manchester City’s Nathan Ake.
Here is the complete 26-man team:
- Nathan Ake — Man City (Defender)
- Steven Berghuis — Ajax (Midfielder)
- Steven Bergwijn — Ajax (Forward)
- Daley Blind — Ajax (Defender)
- Jasper Cillessen — NEC Nijmegen (Goalkeeper)
- Jordy Clasie — AZ Alkmaar (Midfielder)
- Memphis Depay — Barcelona (Forward)
- Virgil van Dijk — Liverpool (Defender)
- Denzel Dumfries — Inter (Defender)
- Mark Flekken — Freiburg (Goalkeeper)
- Cody Gakpo — PSV Eindhoven (Forward)
- Ryan Gravenberch — Bayern Munich (Midfielder)
- Vincent Janssen — Royal Antwerp (Forward)
- Frenkie de Jong — Barcelona (Midfielder)
- Davy Klaassen — Ajax (Midfielder)
- Teun Koopmeiners — Atalanta (Midfielder)
- Matthijs de Ligt — Bayern Munich (Defender)
- Tyrell Malacia — Man United (Defender)
- Donyell Malen — Borussia Dortmund (Forward)
- Remko Pasveer — Ajax (Goalkeeper)
- Marten de Roon — Atalanta (Midfielder)
- Xavi Simons — PSV Eindhoven (Midfielder)
- Kenneth Taylor — Ajax (Midfielder)
- Jurrien Timber — Ajax (Defender)
- Stefan de Vrij — Inter (Defender)
- Wout Weghorst — Besiktas (Forward)
Netherlands Upcoming Schedule
The Netherlands will begin group play on November 21st when they take on Senegal at Al Thumama Stadium.
On November 25th, the team will take on Ecuador at Khalifa International Stadium before finishing group play against Qatar on November 29th at Al Bayt Stadium.
If the Dutch advance to the knockout phase, they would play on either December 3rd or 4th depending on where they finish in the group.
World Cup Channels
All three of the Netherlands group play matches will be televised in the United States on Fox. Those who want to watch the game in Spanish can do so by tuning into Telemundo for the first two matches and Universo for the third match.
- Mon Nov 21 : Senegal (Fox/Telemundo)
- Fri Nov 25 : Ecuador (Fox/Telemundo)
- Tue Nov 29 : Qatar (Fox/Universo)
How to Watch Team Netherlands With an OTA Antenna
Fox broadcasts its signal over the air, which means that you will likely be able to use an antenna to watch any games televised on this channel. Unfortunately, FS1 (which airs many other games) is a cable network, which means that you cannot watch games on this channel without access to a cable package or a streaming service.
Watch Every Netherlands Game in the World Cup
- United States: Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Uforia (App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN5 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming), STV (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio)
- Germany: ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App), Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV)
- Colombia: Deportes Rcn (TV, Streaming, App), DIRECTV Sports App (Streaming, App), Caracol Play (TV, Streaming, App), RCN Television (TV, Streaming, App), Caracol TV (TV, Streaming, App), Claro Sports (TV, Streaming, App)
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), SCTV (TV, Streaming), Indosiar (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Voot Select (Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), DD Sports (TV, App)
How to Stream Games in English and Spanish
There are several streaming services that offer access to the channels needed to watch your favorite team play in the World Cup. A few of these services offer the ability to watch games in both English and Spanish while others provide content in just a single language.
If you want the option to watch in either English or Spanish, you should strongly consider signing up for FuboTV. Service starts at $74.99/mo and comes with more than 120 channels including Fox, FS1, Telemundo, and Universo. You’ll also get access to other sports networks such as ESPN and TyC that provide quality content throughout the year. See our FuboTV packages page and World Cup Guide for more information.
DIRECTV STREAM starts at $74.99/mo and comes with all the channels needed to watch the Netherlands throughout World Cup play. We have more info about its channel lineup. Hulu + Live TV is another quality streaming service that starts at $69.99 and also comes with ESPN+ and Disney+ as part of the core package. (Note that you will have to add the Espanol package to get Universo.)
If you only want or need to watch the tournament in English, consider signing up for SlingTV. For $40.00/mo, you can get access to Fox and FS1 through the Sling Blue package. Vidgo also offers Fox and FS1 through its basic package for $69.99/mo.
If you’re looking to stream games in Spanish, you’ll want to consider subscribing to Peacock. This service costs $4.99 a month and includes live streams of every game!
How to Watch Outside of US
As the World Cup is a global event, it’s no surprise that those living outside of the United States will want to watch it as well. If you are living in the United Kingdom, you can do so by tuning into BBC or ITV while Irish viewers will be able to follow the action on RTE 2. Anyone watching in New Zealand can do so through Sky Sports while the Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) will cover the action in Australia.
In Mexico, TV Azteca and Sky Mexico will cover the action while Bell Media will carry most games for those watching in Canada.
And those watching in the Netherlands itself can watch with Nederlandse Omroep Stichting (NOS).
Streaming Devices to Watch Dutch Eleven Games On
One of the primary benefits of signing up for a streaming service is that you can watch content on a number of devices. Most of the streaming services mentioned on this page are compatible with Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast. You can also watch your favorite team play using a Roku device or through an iOS or Android app.
Alternatively, you can access a streaming service through a web browser wherever it is running. You can even hook up computers to smart TVs via HDMI cables and watch that way!
You can learn more about all the available devices in these articles:
What to Know Before You Go
The World Cup is one of the most anticipated events on the international soccer schedule. Whether you are a fan of the Netherlands or simply enjoy quality play, there are multiple ways to follow the action this November.
Where can I watch the Netherlands for free in the World Cup?
You can easily watch the Netherlands play in this event for free as nearly all of its games will be on Fox or Telemundo. So, you would just need an antenna and television to see the Oranje attempt to win this competition for the first time. However, note that the Dutch’s third match may be moved to FS1 and is slated for coverage on Universo.
When was the last time the Netherlands won the World Cup?
The Netherlands is one of the world’s powers in this sport that has not been able to overcome the last hurdle and lift its greatest trophy. However, the Dutch have reached the final on three occasions, a feat that only five other nations have accomplished. With that said, its players, staff, and fans are frustrated that their team is the only one on that short list to have never won it.
Can I listen to the Netherlands in the World Cup on the radio?
All 64 matches at this competition will be broadcast on SiriusXM, so you can listen to the Netherlands play its 3-7 matches in it through that service. Commentary will be provided by Fox Sports with all games airing on channel 83 with the exception of some simultaneous contests. Channel 157 is the other option. So, to listen to the Netherlands take on host Qatar on November 29th, you may need to tune to that channel.
When did the Netherlands qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022?
The Netherlands qualified for a trip to Qatar and this showcase event on November 16, 2021, when a 2-0 win over Norway at home in Rotterdam sealed the top spot in its qualification group for the Dutch. The Norwegians ended up finishing third, five points back, while Turkey was second, two tallies behind. The Oranje have now qualified for seven of the past nine editions and rectified surprisingly missing out on the event in 2018.
Who is the captain of Team Netherlands?
Virgil van Dijk is the captain of Team Netherlands. The 31-year-old defender has played his club ball for Liverpool since 2018. Prior to moving to Merseyside, van Dijk represented Groningen (2011-13), Celtic (2013-15), and Southampton (2015-18). He is known for his world-class aerial ability and strength as well as his leadership skills. This will be his first World Cup as he started playing with his national team in 2015, after its most recent appearance here.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check out today’s games.
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
Page Updates ▼▲
Added useful links. Misc changes.
Added sub-section. Updates to a section. Updated some sub-sections.
Added new section. Added sub-section. Mentioned channel info. Updated one section. Changes to some of the sections. Added useful links.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022