The 2022-23 UEFA Round of 16 is upon us. PSG plays Bayern Munich on February 14th at . Watch it on Paramount+!
Update: Brazil shocked no one when they defeated South Korea 4-1. What was shocking was their surprise loss to Croatia in a penalty shootout (4-2) in the Quarter Finals, sending Neymar and the Seleção Canarinhos home.
The Round of 16 has started at the World Cup 2022. And Game 6 features the top-ranked team, Brazil, against a weaker South Korean team. But if Cameroon can take down Brazil, South Korea can too! The match will be broadcast on Monday, December 5th at (EST) on Fox and Telemundo. Read on for all the details.
In a hurry? The following streaming services will allow you to watch every match including Brazil vs South Korea:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Cup Results For Groups G and H
The winner of Group G faces off against the second-place finisher of Group H at Stadium 974 in Ras Abu Aboud, Doha. Here are the final results of the Group Stage matches:
- Brazil: 2-0-1 (6)
- Switzerland: 2-0-1 (6)
- Cameroon: 1-1-1 (4)
- Serbia: 0-1-1 (1)
- Portugal: 3-0-1 (6)
- South Korea: 1-1-1 (4)
- Uruguay: 1-1-1 (4)
- Ghana: 1-0-2 (3)
This match features the #1 ranked Brazil team against #28 ranked South Korea team.
Where to Watch Brazil-South Korea and Other Round of 16 Matches
All the matches, including the G1-H2 match, are televised live on these channels:
This match, and all the remaining matches, will be broadcast on Fox and Telemundo. Both of these channels are free to watch over the air. All you need is an antenna if you live relatively close to a transmitter tower.
- Monday, December 5 : Brazil vs South Korea
You can also watch through various streaming services. Our top choice is FuboTV, which is especially good for soccer fans. There are other good options like Hulu + Live TV, DIRECTV STREAM, Vidgo, and YouTube TV. And if you just want Spanish-language coverage, check out Peacock.
After the Round of 16, there are several other stages:
- Quarter Finals, beginning December 8th
- Semi-Finals, beginning December 13th
- Third Place Playoff on December 17th
- Final on December 18th.
How to Watch Brazil vs South Korea in Every Country
- United States: SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming)
- Canada: TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio)
- Germany: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Indosiar (TV, Streaming), SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
Game Analysis: Brazil vs South Korea
Brazil and South Korea last met on June 2, 2022, when Brazil beat South Korea five to one, and this World Cup clash should have the same outcome. After all, Brazil has nine wins in a row, and during seven of those matches, Brazil stopped the other team from scoring a single point against them.
So far, in the World Cup, Brazil, who was in Group G, trounced Serbia and Switzerland. In the game against Cameroon, they did not even play some of their better players, so they had more time to rest and would not get injured. The team easily won this group, and the chemistry between Neymar and Raphinha, Antony, Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo and Gabriel Martinelli appeared incredibly strong.
Unfortunately, forward Neymar received an ankle injury against Serbia and was one of the players who did not play during the Cameroon game. The 30-year-old player realizes this may be his last chance to win a World Cup, so you can imagine he wants to heal as quickly as possible. You may not see him in the opening lineup when his team takes on South Korea, but he should be available if his team needs help. That is, unless he has ligament damage, in which case, he may be out for the rest of World Cup action.
Until mid-2021, the loss of Neymar would have been a tremendous blow, but Coach Adenor Leonardo Bacchi (or “Tite,” as he’s more commonly known) has done an incredible job of developing players that he refers to as fast little legs. This team also has a solid fan base who believes that the team can win the entire tournament, and they do not want to disappoint them.
Before the matchup between South Korea and Portugal, goalkeeper Kim Young-gwon said that his team needed a miracle to advance to the Group of 16. While the team got their miracle on an odd injury call at almost the last minute of the game and ended up defeating Cristiano Ronaldo’s team, it is doubtful they can beat the Brazilian team. It is the World Cup, and anything can happen, and the team can escape 18 months of military service if the team can get their name etched on the World Cup trophy.
The scene at the stadium to get South Korea into the World Cup was unreal. First, they wildly celebrated the victory over Portugal before the stadium went eerily quiet for about 10 minutes, until the officials announced that Uruguay had beaten Ghana 2-0. That let South Korea advance to the Group of 16, but this match will likely be the end of their World Cup hopes.
Sports don’t get better than the World Cup. And the knockout stages are the most exciting part of it. Don’t miss a minute of the action.
Who are some key players to keep an eye on this match?
The Seleção Canarinho have a lot of players trying to live up to the legend of Pele. Forwards Gabriel Jesus (Arsenal, Premier League) and Richarlison (Tottenham Hotspur, Premier League), La Liga defenders Alex Telles (Sevilla) and Éder Militão (Real Madrid), and Serie A Juventus teammates Alex Sandro and Danilo.
The Korean side features Premier Leaguers Son Heung-min (Tottenham Hotspur) and Hwang Hee-chan (Wolverhampton Wanderers), both forwards, along with striker (and overnight hearthrob) Cho Gue-sung (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors, K League 1).
What other matches are being played in the Round of 16?
The Round of 16 is completed. Here are the standings:
- December 3: Netherlands vs USA (3-1)
- December 3: Argentina vs Australia (2-1)
- December 4: France vs Poland (3-1)
- December 4: England vs Senegal (3-0)
- December 5: Croatia vs Japan (1-1, 3-1 penalties)
- December 5: Brazil vs South Korea (4-1)
- December 6: Morocco vs Spain (0-0, 3-0 penalties)
- December 6: Portugal vs Switzerland (6-1)
What teams have been eliminated from the World Cup?
The following teams were eliminated at the Group Stage:
- Costa Rica
- Saudi Arabia
These teams were eliminated so far in the Knockout Stage:
- South Korea
- USMNT (USA)
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022