The 2022-23 UEFA Quarter-Final is upon us. Watch it on Paramount+!
Having faced other teams in their groups, South Korea and Ghana will go head to head in the third match of Group H at Education City Stadium, Al Rayyan, on Mon Nov 28 live on FS1.
In a hurry? This match and all other World Cup matches will be available live on the following streaming services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
This match promises to be a thriller and whoever wins it boosts their chances of qualifying for the knockout rounds. Group H can be considered the group of death since it has other talented sides, namely, Portugal and Uruguay.
With all that is going on in his life and career, Cristiano Ronaldo will be looking to become the first men’s player to score at five World Cups. On the other hand, Uruguay’s Luis Suárez and Edison Cavani will be motivated to lead their country to the knockout stage in what could be their last World Cups.
After the heroic display in the 2010 edition, where they were a whisker away from qualifying for the semi-finals, Ghana has struggled to transition from the Asamoah Gyan era. Could this be their year?
On their part, Son Heung-min’s South Korea will be fired up to go as far as possible. Having tied for the Premier League’s highest top scorer with 23 goals last season, the Tottenham Hotspur attacker is more than ready to fire his team into the finals.
World Cup Group H Match Schedule
As usual, this year’s edition begins with group-stage matches that will be played across all eight World Cup groups. Each group consists of four teams. Ghana and South Korea are in Group H, alongside Portugal and Uruguay. Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal and Edison Carvani’s are the favorites to go through to the next stage. However, South Korea and Ghana certainly have the talent and squad depth to upset the two giants.
Ghana faces an uphill task to qualify for the tournament’s knockout stage. The Black Stars qualified for this year’s edition after holding a 1-1 draw with Nigeria. The team has also failed to win their last four matches this year. In order to do well in this competition, Ghana will have to rely on grit, passion, and luck.
South Korea has had more luck in this competition than Ghana. In fact, only Spain, Argentina, Germany, and Brazil have played more finals than South Korea. Although the Taegeuk Warriors have not been in the best form recently, they still have the talent and squad depth to go through to the next round.
Here is a complete list of all Group H stage matches that both teams will play. Keep in mind that the times are EST.
- Thursday, 24th November 2022, Uruguay Vs. South Korea (Education City Stadium)
- Thursday, 24th November 2022, Portugal Vs. Ghana (Stadium 974)
- Monday 28th November 2022, South Korea Vs. Ghana (Education City Stadium)
- Monday 28th November 2022, Portugal Vs. Uruguay (Lusail Stadium)
- Friday 2nd December 2022, South Korea Vs. Portugal (Education City Stadium)
- Friday 2nd December 2022, Ghana Vs. Uruguay ( Al Janoub Stadium)
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Where to Watch Qatar 2022
FIFA World Cup 2022 is one of the most-watched events worldwide. In the US, every Qatar 2022 match will be broadcast live through:
In order to stream these matches, consider signing up for a plan with your preferred streaming service provider. Both Fubo TV and YouTube TV offer all the networks listed above in their base plans. Alternatively, you can sign up for a plan with DIRECTV STREAM and Hulu+ Live TV. Both provide Telemundo, FS1, and Fox in their base plans. But you will have to upgrade to get Universo. Other reliable alternatives include Vidgo and Sling TV, which offer Fox and FS1.
If you prefer Spanish-language broadcast, Peacock is a great low-cost alternative.
After the group stages, the qualifying teams will proceed into the knockout stages, as explained below.
- Round of 16- Saturday 3rd December to Tuesday 6th December
- Quarter-Finals- Friday 9th December to Saturday 10th December
- Semi-Finals- Tuesday 13th December to Wednesday 14th December
- Third-Place Play-Off- Saturday, 17th December
- Final- Sunday 18th December
South Korea Vs Ghana: The Teams
As of October 2022, South Korea holds the 29th position in the FIFA rankings, whereas Ghana has been ranked 60. On paper, this match proves to be one of the most entertaining matches this year.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our deals page on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
South Korea Team News
- Nickname: Taegeuk Warriors
- Coach: Paulo Bento
- Captain: Son Heung-min
- Top Scorer: Cha Bum-kun (58)
- Most Caps: Cha Bum-kun (136)
In what will be Son Heung-min’s second appearance in the competition, South Korea can be considered the underdog of Group H. Although the captain has not been in his usual form, he will be motivated to lead his country to the best-ever campaign. After ending Germany’s title defense with a 2-0 victory in the previous edition, the South Koreans will be ready to upset big names in this year’s competition.
Here is the final 26-man team that will represent South Korea
- Kim Seung-gyu (Al-Shabab)
- Jo Hyeon-woo (Ulsan Hyundai)
- Song Bum-keun (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- Kim Young-gwon (Ulsan Hyundai)
- Kim Jin-su (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- Hong Chul (Daegu FC)
- Kim Min-jae (Napoli)
- Kwon Kyung-won (Gamba Osaka)
- Kim Moon-hwan (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- Kim Tae-hwan (Ulsan Hyundai)
- Cho Yu-min (Daejon Hana Citizen)
- Yoon Jong-gyu (FC Seoul)
- Jung Woo-young (Al-Sadd)
- Lee Kang-in (Mallorca)
- Jeong Woo-yeong (Freiburg)
- Lee Jae-sung (Mainz)
- Kwon Chang-hoon (Gimcheon Sangmu)
- Hwang Hee-chan (Wolves)
- Hwang In-beom (Olympiacos)
- Na Sang-ho (FC Seoul)
- Son Jun-ho (Shandong Taishan)
- Paik Seung-ho (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- Song Min-kyu (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- Son Heung-min (Tottenham)
- Cho Gue-sung (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- Hwang Ui-jo (Olympiacos)
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Ghana Team News
- Nickname: Black Stars
- Coach: Otto Addo
- Captain: André Ayew
- Top Scorer: Asamoah Gyan (51)
- Most Caps: André Ayew (110)
After finishing bottom of their Africa Cup of Nations group, Ghana will rely on Otto Addo’s outstanding coaching skills and grit to upset the giants in the group and even reach the finals of this year’s competition. Ghana secured qualification after a 1-1 play-off draw in Nigeria. Since then, the Black Stars have shown great potential required to do well in this competition. However, they must quickly put their embarrassing AFCON defeat behind them. Atletico Bilbao’s Inaki Williams, Tariq Lamptey, and Mohammed Salisu will make their debut in November. If Ghana manages to keep Thomas Party fit, they have what it takes to go through.
Below is the final 26-man squad that will represent Ghana.
- Lawrence Ati-Zigi (St. Gallen)
- Ibrahim Danlad (Asante Kotoko)
- Abdul Manaf Nurudeen (Eupen)
- Tariq Lamptey (Brighton)
- Abdul-Rahman Baba (Reading)
- Denis Odoi (Club Brugge)
- Joseph Aidoo (Celta Vigo)
- Mohammed Salisu (Southampton)
- Alexander Djiku (Strasbourg)
- Gideon Mensah (Bordeaux)
- Alidu Seidu (Clermont)
- Daniel Amartey (Leicester)
- Daniel-Kofi Kyereh (St Pauli)
- Mohammed Salisu (Southampton)
- Salis Abdul Samed (Lens)
- Mohammed Kudus (Ajax)
- Thomas Partey (Arsenal)
- Andre Ayew (Al Saad)
- Elisha Owusu (Gent)
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh (Hearts of Oak)
- Osman Bukari (Red Star Belgrade)
- Kamal Sowah (Club Brugge)
- Antoine Semenyo (Bristol City)
- Felix Afena-Gyan (Roma)
- Abdul Fatawu Issahaku (Sporting CP)
- Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace)
- Kamaldeen Sulemana (Rennes)
- Inaki Williams (Athletic Bilbao)
Prior Matches Between Ghana and South Korea
South Korea and Ghana have yet to meet in this tournament. However, South Korea lost to Ghana in a friendly on 10th June 2014. The teams have also met in international club-friendly matches three times, and Ghana has won two games and lost one.
What’s the Venue For Ghana vs South Korea’s World Cup Match?
This group H match between Ghana and South Korea will occur in the iconic Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan, Qatar, on the outskirts of capital city Doha. With a capacity of 40,000 seats, it’s among the largest stadiums in Qatar.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
What to Know Before You Go
Only two teams will qualify for the knockout stages, and South Korea and Ghana hope to be among them. To do that, both teams must get a favorable result in this Group H match. Stay tuned to discover if Ghana and South Korea will qualify for the next round.
Will the South Korea vs. Ghana match be available for free to watch?
FS1 will be the broadcasting home of South Korea vs. Ghana, so it will require a cable subscription to watch. If someone were to stream the match, they would still need to subscribe to a streaming service to see the game, such as FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Vidgo, or Sling TV.
Will South Korea vs. Ghana be available on the radio, and if so, what channel?
The game will be on the radio and on the Fox Sports family of networks, namely SiriusXM channel 83. While the game will be on the radio, there will not be a special broadcast just for the radio. Instead, the radio broadcast will merely be the audio for the TV broadcast.
Has South Korea ever faced off against Ghana before?
Before this World Cup match, the teams played nine times. The record between the opponents is equal, with both teams winning four of their engagements and the final fixture being a draw. The first match was in 1982, and the most recent fixture was in 2014.
Is South Korea the better soccer team compared to Ghana?
Ghana is currently 53rd in the FIFA rankings, while South Korea is 36th. While this might seem close enough, it would suggest a South Korean victory. Though neither team might win the World Cup, South Korea certainly has the edge in this early Group Stage fixture.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check our our match schedule too, including today’s games.
Sling TV: Top Halloween Selections Every Horror Fan Will Love - 10/22/2022
Coming Soon: New Arrivals On Hulu Live In August And Beyond- 07/31/2022
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu- 07/17/2022