The suspense at the World Cup 2022 reaches the next level now that the Semifinals are on! The second of two semifinals matches will be played Wednesday, December 14 at (EST). The unstoppable Moroccan underdogs will challenge the reigning champs France at Al-Bayt Stadium in Al Khor. All the finals matches are being broadcast live on Fox and Telemundo — keep reading on how to get a front-row seat to find out who’s going to the Final!
In a hurry? Here are our top choices for watching France vs Morocco:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Morocco, the upset king of this World Cup, is pulling surprise after surprise out of its hat — first defeating Spain (3-0 penalty shootout), then even more shockingly, Portugal (1-0). But can the Atlas Lions continue to keep their sheet clean against the guys who took it all last time, France? One thing is for sure: this will be a match worth watching.
Semi Finals Schedule
The World Cup 2022 Semi Finals bring us down to just 4 teams and 2 matches. Both matches have a kick-off time of on December 13 and 14.
- Tuesday, December 13 : Argentina vs Croatia (Fox/Telemundo)
- Wednesday, December 14 : France vs Morocco (Fox/Telemundo)
How to Watch France vs Morocco
Now that we’re down to just two matches at World Cup 2022, they’re both on the same two channels:
So, the France-Morocco match will be broadcast on Fox and Telemundo.
We would be remiss if we didn’t let you know that you can actually tune into either of these channels 100% free with an antenna.
- Wednesday, December 14 : France vs Morocco (Fox/Telemundo)
But if antennas just aren’t your style, we’ve still got you covered. Streaming services can give you a similar (or better!) level of service to cable, with all the channels and features you’re used to. For the real soccer fans out there, we recommend fuboTV (see our Streaming Guide). But if you’re just excited about the World Cup and looking to save a few bucks, Sling TV is a great option for just $40.00/mo (viewer’s guide).
After the Semifinals there are just two matches left:
- Third Place Playoff, match on December 17th
- Final, match on December 18th.
How to Watch France vs Morocco in Every Country
- United States: Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio)
- Germany: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), Molotov (TV, Streaming, App), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), Indosiar (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), DD Sports (TV, App), Sports18 (TV)
Game Analysis: France vs Morocco
In this matchup, the experts believe that France will defeat Morocco in a low-scoring match.
Didier Deschamps’ France has been one of the favorites to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup from the beginning, as they won the previous World Cup four years ago in Russia. They most recently reminded the world — and Harry Kane — how they won the last Cup in the England vs France Quarter Final.
The key players in their powerhouse offense include Kylian Mbappé and Olivier Giroud, who have combined for nine goals and two assists in the country’s five matches thus far in this year’s tournament. And French team captain and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris just became France’s all-time most capped player when he won his 143rd game in the match versus England.
Despite France’s advantage on paper, many consider Morocco to be “the team of destiny.” They are the first African national team to ever reach the World Cup Semifinals. They achieved that feat by defeating Brazil in the World Cup Quarter Final, who were considered a heavy favorite not only in that match but also to win it all in the finals.
History of the two teams
Morocco and France faced each other many times in unofficial competitions in the 1960s and, since then, have had five international friendlies against one another. They have never met in a World Cup or any other major tournament.
In the five matches, France has three victories, Morocco has one, and one ended in a draw. The most recent encounter was a thriller played in France in 2007, which ended in a 2-2 tie after Moroccan player Youssef Mokhtari netted the tying goal with just over five minutes left to play.
While France has two members who have scored a majority of their goals during their games, Morocco holds an advantage in that anyone on their team is capable of scoring at any time. Youssef En-Nesyri is the only player on the Moroccan team to have netted more than a single goal during the team’s magical run thus far. Other scorers include Zakaria Aboukhlal, Romain Saïss, and Hakim Ziyech.
That said, Les Bleus have scored a total of 11 goals during this year’s tournament, while Morocco has only managed five. The defensive side favors Morocco, however, with four shutout matches this World Cup. They have only allowed one goal during regular time in the tournament thus far, and that was an own goal during their match against Canada in the Group Stage. France has given up four goals and hasn’t had a single clean sheet so far in the tournament.
What to expect
Fans can expect a very close but low-scoring game that may very well come down to extra time or penalty kicks. Kylian Mbappé and Olivier Giroud have reached the back of the net on nine of the team’s 11 goals in the tournament so far (the other two French scorers were Adrien Rabiot and Aurélien Tchouaméni.) They also have a more low-key weapon in Antoine Griezmann, who just passed Thierry Henry’s record for all-time assists and was key to the victory over England.
Achraf Hakimi’s confidence is running high, though. If Morocco can manage to stop France’s best strikers from scoring, they have an excellent chance at an upset victory, either in regular time or through a shootout, which is how they beat Spain in the Round of 16.
From 32 teams to just four now, the World Cup 2022 Semifinals promise to be anything but boring. Many fans disappointed by being denied a face-off between Lionel Messi (Argentina) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) may settle for Messi going up against Mbappé. Which of these four teams will go home, and which will make history as the top winners of this Cup? The best way to find out is to watch it live!
What teams have been eliminated from the World Cup?
The following teams were eliminated at the Group Stage:
- Costa Rica
- Saudi Arabia
These teams were eliminated so far in the Knockout Stage:
- South Korea
- USMNT (USA)
Sling TV: Top Halloween Selections Every Horror Fan Will Love - 10/22/2022
Coming Soon: New Arrivals On Hulu Live In August And Beyond- 07/31/2022
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu- 07/17/2022